The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterquaife

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 09:00:20 AM
Quote from: J70 on February 03, 2009, 11:20:18 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 03, 2009, 04:52:37 PM
gerard didn't even get a card, and lampard gets send off after getting fouled be alonso. Mike Riley should quit

Yes, because the referee gets the benefit of slow motion replays in making a decision... ::)

In real time, it looked a bad tackle by Lampard, especially as he dived in with his foot up and Alonso went flying afterwards. The referee gets only one look. People either have to accept that these type of wrong decisions are inevitable or change the game to allow the ref to stop things and get some help from replays.

I know what you're saying J70, but at the time I thought Lampard made a well executed tackle, so expect the ref to see the same or similar. The big problem for me is inconsistancy, and without wanting to appear persecuted Chelsea have been on the wrong end of these 'tackle' decisions a lot recently. That's Lampard's 3rd red card in 10 months, and twice he has won on appeal. The other occassion was a CL tie where he recieved two unjust/ harsh yellows therefore could not appeal. Terry has already been red carded twice this season. Again, an appeal has seen one quashed, and the other was 50/50 for a hard tackle.
However I have seen numerous 'harder' tackles by Manc, Scouse players et others since with no punishment. Gerard's the latest on Sunday.

In addition it took Riley 2 seconds to produce the red card on Sunday. He almost had his mind made up as the tackle went in. Is there any harm, stopping for a second, asking the linos for a perspective, and then making a decision. It also takes the heat out of the moment.

Lastly. Respect. People say that the catalyst for this campaign was Chelsea's 'attitude' and I can lead a bit to this argument. In fairness, Chelsea's behaviour to refs has improved this season, but they are now getting a rougher end of the stick. Coincidence? One of the elemants of respect was that the captain is allowed to talk to a ref, and get an explanation. Terry went to the ref post Lampard's red and.... was booked.

Riley gave a free against Gerrard, who clearly told him to 'f**k off' and was he booked..... no.

However the main problem with this Riley caper, is that it gives Uncle Phil and the players an excuse for what was a poor performance regardless.

and how many times has Terry* been booked /sent off for continuously goading / shouting /mouthing / man handling refs?

replace with Carvalho, Drogba, A Cole et al

PQ

Norf Tyrone

PQ
I have already said Chelsea need to improve that aspect of the game, and they have made very good strides. The problem is that very few players are booked for that sort of behaviour, Rooney being the stand out example for me.
The problem again is one of consistancy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on February 04, 2009, 01:15:22 PM
I can't see any player overtaking the mantle as my favourite player of all time apart from Fowler.

Hope it works out for him, I think he maybe should call it a day, but who knows, he could prosper there.

Had the luck to be at his return to Liverpool, one of my favourite sporting moments.

26 caps? f**k off you gobshites, the man was unreal.

1 hundred percent agreed...Carra a close 2nd, king Kenny 3rd
PQ

under the bar

QuoteLiverpool & Chelsea fans might as well look out the window for all the chance there is of any U18 players making it to the 1st team squad.......

Errr.... Miroslav Stoch, Michael Mancienne and Gael Kakuta

Aye, household names alright!  JohnTerry was the last player to make it from your youth system to a first team player! 10 years ago!

Stalin

Reina

Arbeloa
Carra
Skrtel
Dossena

Kuyt
Alonso
Lucas
Riera

Gerrard

Torres
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

GalwayBayBoy

Thought he might have rested either Gerrard or Torres. Hopefully Lucas has learned to tackle since last week.

GalwayBayBoy

Gerrard coming off injured. Had to happen.

Everton fans cheering like they had just won the Champions League.

milltown row

Doogie Browser

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 04, 2009, 07:37:05 PM
Thought he might have rested either Gerrard or Torres. Hopefully Lucas has learned to tackle since last week.
GBB you called it, would have been better resting him.  Bigger battles ahead for you.

GalwayBayBoy

Cahill the little kn**ker at it again.

Hard to tell how bad Gerrard's injury is. He walked off under his own power albeit a little gingerly. Might just be a thigh strain. Or hamstring. Will probably be a couple of weeks.

pintsofguinness

Torres should have been booked for that (he looks like a girl too)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

GalwayBayBoy

Gerrard felt a twinge in his hammy apparently. At least with international games coming up next week he may only miss the game at Portsmouth at the weekend.

GalwayBayBoy

Minder

Feel sorry for Torres some of the balls he is getting played up to him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Everton doing their usual under Moyes. Kick everything above grass level.