Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 04, 2009, 10:30:27 AM
Quote from: corn02 on February 04, 2009, 10:10:25 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 04, 2009, 10:05:41 AM
Quote from: nifan on February 04, 2009, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on February 04, 2009, 09:29:55 AM
Gerrard gets away with far more tackles than any other premiership player.

are tackles illegal now?

i meant fouls

Can't believe I am even bothering to ask, but have you some stats to back this up?

Norf did you really think Chelsea were comfortable before the red card? I honestly thought Liverool were playing some good stuff and were cutting through the middle with too much ease.

As stated, I was in the away end so the perspective was poor but I did think that.

I watched MOTD2 last night, and if I am being honest I'd waiver slighltly on my original thinking. Cech had more to do than I origianlly thought, however I never got the feeling we were being battered.
However as I already stated a draw, a defeat both were practically worthless to either side.

Yeah battered would be a gross exxageration. Essien is suh a loss.

The Real Laoislad

Lets move on lads....

What about tonights game
I think a win is a very important,I know it may be "only" the FA Cup but I think we need to win to keep the momentum going,it would be a huge boost to beat the bluenoses in their own backyard..
I suspect he will make a few changes from the Cheslea game,though I couldn't even attempt to second guess Benitez..
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kuyt dropped with Benayoun in and maybe Alonso out with Lucas in..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 04, 2009, 11:51:48 AM
Lets move on lads....

What about tonights game
I think a win is a very important,I know it may be "only" the FA Cup but I think we need to win to keep the momentum going,it would be a huge boost to beat the bluenoses in their own backyard..
I suspect he will make a few changes from the Cheslea game,though I couldn't even attempt to second guess Benitez..
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kuyt dropped with Benayoun in and maybe Alonso out with Lucas in..

Is Alonso defo out? Did he pick up suspension from weekend. Either way I'd be surprised if he started.
In two minds if Torres should/will play. Risk of injury but if he injured tonight he could as easily be injured any other game. Play him and get his game time and work on his sharpness or let him rest after a run of games back from injury. Undecided but I'd to build on Sunday and get the win.

Can see Babel starting and hope that El Zhar is on bench and he can get a run at some stage. Was impressed with him when he was getting on in first half of season.

corn02

Where has El Zhar gone?

Sort of game Kuyt would suit so I would start him with Yossi in for Reira.

Team I would like to see:

Reina
Arbelo, Carragher, Hyypia, Aurelio
Kuyt Lucas Macherano Yossi

Gerrard
Torres

The Real Laoislad

Fowler strikes deal to play for new Australian club next season• Former England forward joins North Queensland Fury
• Striker and club to make A-League debut in 2009-10

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler has agreed a two-year deal with North Queensland Fury to become the first major signing for the new Australian club. Fowler visited Australia last month to discuss the move and confirmed he will join the Townsville-based club for its debut A-League season in 2009-10.

"I had nothing but good things to tell my family about the football side of things and the lifestyle opportunities North Queensland can offer us," said Fowler. "It's a huge decision for my family, but it's also an opportunity to continue my football career in a truly wonderful part of the world."

The 33-year-old Fowler, who was released by Blackburn Rovers in December, scored 120 Premier League goals during stints at Leeds United, Manchester City and two spells at Liverpool. He played 26 times for England.

"We want to win games, that's what we're about," said the Fury chairman, Don Matheson. "Robbie is a legitimate international superstar of the game and there's no doubt he will give us every chance of winning. It's taken a lot of work to make this happen, but it was worth it because I really believe having him playing for North Queensland Fury will change the way people think about the A-League."

Fowler almost joined Sydney FC in 2007 after former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke moved there in the league's first season, but the deal fell through. "Robbie is more than just a goal scorer, although he certainly knows where the net is, he links up play and he knows how to position himself to get other players involved," added the Fury coach, Ian Ferguson.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

I can't see any player overtaking the mantle as my favourite player of all time apart from Fowler.

Hope it works out for him, I think he maybe should call it a day, but who knows, he could prosper there.

Had the luck to be at his return to Liverpool, one of my favourite sporting moments.

26 caps? f**k off you gobshites, the man was unreal.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on February 04, 2009, 01:15:22 PM
I can't see any player overtaking the mantle as my favourite player of all time apart from Fowler.

Hope it works out for him, I think he maybe should call it a day, but who knows, he could prosper there.

Had the luck to be at his return to Liverpool, one of my favourite sporting moments.

He is second only to John Aldridge in my mind...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 04, 2009, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: corn02 on February 04, 2009, 01:15:22 PM

He is second only to John Aldridge in my mind...

Good call, but I only caught the tail-end of Aldridge.

Fowler for me with Rush not far off.

Minder

I have 3 copies of Fowlers autobiography if anyone wants one. They were bought for me at various stages, twice by my Ma  ???

Aldridge was not there long enough to be considered in Fowlers class, and that penalty miss against Wimbledon in '88 took me a long time to get over as a 10 year old  :'( (It should have been retaken as that string of piss Beasant was nearly on top of him when he took it)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

supersarsfields

under the bar

QuoteAnyhow. Never mind all this premiership rubbish. What about The Big One.

Live on Liverpool TV on Thursday night.

Liverpool U18s v Chelsea U18s.

Liverpool & Chelsea fans might as well look out the window for all the chance there is of any U18 players making it to the 1st team squad.......

WaterBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 03, 2009, 04:38:44 PM
QuoteLads, pray that Torres stays fit, he should be fresh if he doesn't get injured as he has played feck all.  Gerard has a drive which you rarely see in soccer players

Yep, and I believe Marcus McGee felt the full force of it.

QuoteOwen engineered himself a move to madrid less than a month after Benitez joined the club, He bought Crouch from a championship club and turned him into a regular England international.  Bellamy was playing in a mid table Blackburn team, Benitez gave him a chance to play for a top 4 club and champions league football, not exactly career destroying activities if you ask me!  As for transfers, every manager makes bad singings, Djemba Djemba anyone?

Benitez's list of bad signings seems to be very high for his relative short time in England.  As for Crouch, his form at Southampton earned him his England call-up before and this was before he moved to Liverpool.  But look at the man now!

Benitez has had to build a new team at liverpool though whereas other managers of top 4 clubs have been adding to quality squads.  If he is buying more players then there is a higher chance that he will have more 'bad signings'.  In saying that im pretty sure for every bad signing he made a comparison could be made to the bad signings Ferguson made.  Yes Crouchs form at S'Hampton earned him his England call-up, but his form at liverpool made him a regular England player, you can hardly blame Benitez for how he is playing at Pompey     
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 04, 2009, 01:27:22 PM
I was talking about overall favourite player and John Aldridge is mine..
As for not being with Liverpool long enough,In fairness thats true but he made a fair impact in the two and a half seasons he was there.
I also think he was badly treated by Liverpool and as he says himself he does hold a grudge against Daglish for selling him to Real Socidad as he never wanted to leave.
I think Aldo could have been one of the greatest ever at Anfield if he had stayed for 6 or 7 seasons.

was aldo to me, blamed rush for Aldo leaving and never liked him after his return but was glad of his goals.

Honourable mentions to Jan Molby, Fowler, Steve Nicol and Robbie Keane  ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: bingobus on February 04, 2009, 02:06:52 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 04, 2009, 01:27:22 PM
I was talking about overall favourite player and John Aldridge is mine..
As for not being with Liverpool long enough,In fairness thats true but he made a fair impact in the two and a half seasons he was there.
I also think he was badly treated by Liverpool and as he says himself he does hold a grudge against Daglish for selling him to Real Socidad as he never wanted to leave.
I think Aldo could have been one of the greatest ever at Anfield if he had stayed for 6 or 7 seasons.

was aldo to me, blamed rush for Aldo leaving and never liked him after his return but was glad of his goals.

Honourable mentions to Jan Molby, Fowler, Steve Nicol and Robbie Keane  ;)

Jimi Traore has got to be mine  ;)