Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:14:00 PM
Quote from: stiffler on January 28, 2009, 11:10:34 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:06:50 PM
There is something that bothers me.

Does the Daily Mirror and lfc.tv have a thing for Gerrad. LFC.tv gave him MOTM and the Mirror will tomorrow as usual. Did anyone else think he was terrible in the second?

Honestly weould have had Skrtly, Masch, Lucas (until THAT moment) and Yos ahead of him.

Never seent the game Corn, what was the moment, did he give away the pen?

Yeah, was playing very well I must say, but then showed why he gets so much abuse. A stupid trip in the box when we were crusing it.

f**k sake, him and benayoun (foul v everton) have been doing themselves no favours the last while.

Lucas makes Paul Scholes look like Franco Baresi as far as tackling goes. He simply cannot make a challenge without fouling. No need even tonight to do what he did. This habit of giving stupid frees away was going to cost us sooner or later.

corn02

Yip and has to the maximum in the last two league outings. Shiocking stuff.

Armamike

Quote from: corn02 on January 28, 2009, 11:06:50 PM
There is something that bothers me.

Does the Daily Mirror and lfc.tv have a thing for Gerrad. LFC.tv gave him MOTM and the Mirror will tomorrow as usual. Did anyone else think he was terrible in the second?

Honestly weould have had Skrtly, Masch, Lucas (until THAT moment) and Yos ahead of him.

He gets away with it because of the great things that he can do on the pitch but there's times when he can be fairly anonymous and he does have a tendency to give the ball away a lot more than he should.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Hound

In the 2nd half Gerrard gave the ball away constantly. And deserved to be taken off and given a kick up the hole. If he'd taken him with 15/20 to go and brought on Alonso, I wouldnt have minded one bit. But taking him off when we need a goal was just nuts. I believe Rafa was just totally frustrated with him, but it was stupid.

Torres had to come off because he just wasn't right. Riera in itself wasnt a bad replacement, and to say it was a "midfielder for a forward" doesn't tell the true story because Babel moved up front, there was no change in formation. However given we haven't won a game in a month, the message it sent to everyone was "we're hanging on", whereas bringing on Keane in a straight swap would have sent the message "we're going to finish you off". The result was Wigan's game raised and we may have sat back.

I thought Benny was the player causing Wigan the most problems - baffled by the decision to take him off, and on the night Kuyt was a far easier job for the Wigan defence.

full back

Hope Rafa stays with the scousers forever  :D
With him in charge there will be no PL coming to Anfield
Going to be a tight race for the CL spots this season...........

anportmorforjfc

:D :D :D, Lose on Sunday the league is over.

corn02

full back

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 09:07:02 AM
You lot are like vultures.

Dont be like that corn  :D
Do you expect us to say nothing?
If it was the other way round I would expect it

nifan

Quote from: Hound on January 29, 2009, 07:50:03 AM
I thought Benny was the player causing Wigan the most problems - baffled by the decision to take him off, and on the night Kuyt was a far easier job for the Wigan defence.

Benayon was injured, he had to come off

nrico2006

QuoteHope Rafa stays with the scousers forever 
With him in charge there will be no PL coming to Anfield
Going to be a tight race for the CL spots this season...........
Agreed.  A loss on Saturday definitely ends Liverpools challenge this year.  As mentioned, it will be tight for the CL spot with Villa doing so good and Arsenal still there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

:D :D

Sorry Corn..

Sunday is now a massive game and all joking aside a place in the top 4 is doubtfull for Liverpool if they do not get the act together and go for the killer win in games but I can see nothing changing with Rafa in charge. He has lost enough points this season in a similar fashion... should have learned by now. He is simply not good enough to win the league!  I hope he stays. :)

corn02

Quote from: full back on January 29, 2009, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 09:07:02 AM
You lot are like vultures.

Dont be like that corn  :D
Do you expect us to say nothing?
If it was the other way round I would expect it

Ah no, I didn;t mena it in a bad way.
At present we have no comeback so fill your boots.

anportmorforjfc

Sunday is now a massive game and all joking aside a place in the top 4 is doubtfull for Liverpool if they do not get the act together and go for the killer win in games but I can see nothing changing with Rafa in charge. He has lost enough points this season in a similar fashion... should have learned by now. He is simply not good enough to win the league!  I hope he stays. :)
[/quote]

so do i, brilliant manager :D :D

corn02

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 29, 2009, 09:31:50 AM

[/quote]

Suppose you lads were calling for Fergie's head too before he won that FA Cup?

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 09:45:49 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 29, 2009, 09:31:50 AM

Suppose you lads were calling for Fergie's head too before he won that FA Cup?
[/quote]

You might have to recount the detail of that for some of the United fans, pre-1993/Sky Sports and all that......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"