The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Takes the pressure off the players, and one in particular, all the attention will be on Rafa tomorrow.This wasnt a mental Keegan "i will love it" moment. It was obviously pre meditated. Benitez couldnt get "furious" (in public) if he was paid.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2009, 03:58:45 PM
Takes the pressure off the players, and one in particular, all the attention will be on Rafa tomorrow.This wasnt a mental Keegan "i will love it" moment. It was obviously pre meditated. Benitez couldnt get "furious" (in public) if he was paid.

Spot on, as I said on the Man U thread, both sets of fans will be happy with this interview.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2009, 03:58:45 PM

True but the media and pundits and so far up Fergie's backside that if anyone even replies to him they will claim a resounding victory for Sir Alex the Derren Brown of the football world.

Doogie Browser

In fairness though away to Stoke is hardly the type of game that he would need to remove the pressure from the players.  I can't help but think he would have been better to not respond at all as it will only give fuel to the sensationalists.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 09, 2009, 04:06:00 PM
In fairness though away to Stoke is hardly the type of game that he would need to remove the pressure from the players.  I can't help but think he would have been better to not respond at all as it will only give fuel to the sensationalists.

Every game from now on is a big game it doesn't matter if it's Stoke or Everton or Arsenal..
I said earlier I believe this game to be our biggest of the season so far because of Chelsea playing Man U on sunday its a must win game for Liverpool against Stoke so that in itself brings huge pressure
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

That would be my thinking as well db
Fergie loves getting a rise out of other managers aims get them to respond if nothing else
Rafa seems to have taken the bait

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2009, 04:08:15 PM

Every game from now on is a big game it doesn't matter if it's Stoke or Everton or Arsenal..
I said earlier I believe this game to be our biggest of the season so far because of Chelsea playing Man U on sunday its a must win game for Liverpool against Stoke so that in itself brings huge pressure

Perhaps not the biggest, but right up there. We could implode or send out a warning.

Doogie Browser

Stoke actually beat Villa at home earlier this season so will be no push-overs, but I do feel Rafa has made a big c**k up with this.  The press will love this, I said they would love this.

corn02

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 09, 2009, 04:11:41 PM
Stoke actually beat Villa at home earlier this season so will be no push-overs, but I do feel Rafa has made a big c**k up with this.  The press will love this, I said they would love this.

Disagree, but see where you are coming from. One thing is for sure, it was pre-planned and he would have weighed up the implications and felt it was to the club's advantage. Game on.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: full back on January 09, 2009, 04:09:01 PM

Fergie loves getting a rise out of other managers aims get them to respond if nothing else

Thing is if anyone replies to Fergie he is always judged to have won the mind games but when Fergie responds to someone else (as he has done to Mourinho and Wenger in the past) nobody says he's lost the mind games. So basically he can't lose.

The media and pundits are up his hole so you're better off ignoring him.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 09, 2009, 04:09:43 PM

Perhaps not the biggest, but right up there. We could implode or send out a warning.

I believe it to be the biggest and most important so far corn..Win against Stoke and no matter what the result on sunday we will be gaining ground on at least one of our nearest rivials if not both if the game ends in a draw between them,its not every weekend you can say that.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2009, 04:23:06 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 09, 2009, 04:09:43 PM

I believe it to be the biggest and most important so far corn..Win against Stoke and no matter what the result on sunday we will be gaining ground on at least one of our nearest rivials if not both if the game ends in a draw between them,its not every weekend you can say that.

Yeah, don't worry I am not disagreeing , I have right up there in the top bracket. I just think United at home was the one that kicked us on (despite Stoke home the following Saturday)

corn02

"Or there is another option. That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple."

Early contender for quote of the year?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 09, 2009, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: full back on January 09, 2009, 04:09:01 PM

Thing is if anyone replies to Fergie he is always judged to have won the mind games but when Fergie responds to someone else (as he has done to Mourinho and Wenger in the past) nobody says he's lost the mind games. So basically he can't lose.

The media and pundits are up his hole so you're better off ignoring him.
Exactly why Benitez should have said eff all.

full back

Fergie's response to Rafa (taken from dif site)