The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

2-1

Arbeloa sleeping at the back post, allows Santa Cruz in for (hopefully) a consoliation goal.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

J70

Oops... Liverpool asleep at a corner. 2-1, Santa Cruz, five minutes left.

J70

3-1 at the end of injury - Liverpool catch them on the break and Gerrard slots it in with Robinson stranded.

corn02

3-1 good win at a usually tough away game.

Very good in the second half after a ruderless first. Midfield ean the show in the second. Insua and Hyypia very good.

gawa316

Jaysus that was hard to watch. All I can say is thank fook for the 3 points

corn02

Official gave Kuyt the man of the match award. He was a brilliant outlet today, but Alonso was probably the best for me.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2008, 05:40:15 PM
Official gave Kuyt the man of the match award. He was a brilliant outlet today, but Alonso was probably the best for me.

Thought Sami had a great game, wasn't too much else to shout about. Babel did himself no favours with a nothing performance. El Zhar once again looked lively when coming on

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on December 06, 2008, 05:50:39 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2008, 05:40:15 PM

Thought Sami had a great game, wasn't too much else to shout about. Babel did himself no favours with a nothing performance. El Zhar once again looked lively when coming on

Sami and Insua were very good. I though it was a very good performance, did you not?

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2008, 05:51:41 PM

Sami and Insua were very good. I though it was a very good performance, did you not?

Not really, up until we scored we only created a couple of chances. I found myself giving out and tutting every couple of minutes due to our lack of penetration and creativity. Think the score line definitely flattered us and we played far better on monday night but only came away with a point

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on December 06, 2008, 06:09:27 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2008, 05:51:41 PM

Not really, up until we scored we only created a couple of chances. I found myself giving out and tutting every couple of minutes due to our lack of penetration and creativity. Think the score line definitely flattered us and we played far better on monday night but only came away with a point

Yeah true that is football for you. I thought we did well. First half a bit sluggish but we lived in their half in the second.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on December 06, 2008, 06:18:33 PM
we lived in their half in the second.

Can see that being a recurring theme for us against the lesser teams in the remainder of the season.

Was watching soccer saturday this morning and they mentioned us being top of the league with keane being out of form and torres being injured for half of it. If we could both them firing we would have a great chance.

corn02

Yeah we are still top, s eason is going well. Three points against Hull would have us flying.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 30, 2008, 10:05:16 PM
Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:15:10 PM
Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea no longer odds on, and have yet to travel to Old Trafford, the Emirates, and Anfield.
Utd will be delighted that they're in touch, despite having had an awful run of fixtures.
A win tomorrow for Liverpool will see them top the table in December - something I've not said since 1990 ish..

Chelsea 11/10 Bet
Man Utd 9/4 Bet
Liverpool 3/1 Bet
Arsenal 20/1 Bet
Aston Villa 150/1

Chelsea 11/10 Bet
Man Utd 7/4 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 14/1 Bet
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

J70

Should have taken Arsenal at 20/1 last week!

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2008, 11:32:07 PM
Should have taken Arsenal at 20/1 last week!

No way you can lose to Hull, Stoke and Fulham and still win the league. The best the arse can do is keep beatin chelski and the scum and help us win the league