The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 11:56:35 AM
Surely the said can be said of N'Gog then?

Ngog is a few years younger & hasnt as much experience, so I wouldnt be expecting as much from him just yet

Minder

Any time Babel has started he has been anonymous.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

He's only 19, & Liverpool paid £1.5 mill??

Babel is a couple of years older & cost 10 times that much... he needs to be starting now!

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 02, 2008, 12:04:44 PM

Babel is a couple of years older & cost 10 times that much... he needs to be starting now!

With all due respect, Rafa said he wasn't buying N'Gog for the future he was buying him as a first team player.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 12:12:01 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 02, 2008, 12:04:44 PM

With all due respect, Rafa said he wasn't buying N'Gog for the future he was buying him as a first team player.

Why did he buy Babel then?

corn02

Same reason. That is why I am saying you can't claim Babel needs a chance and N'Gog doesn't.

GalwayBayBoy

Ngog from the little I've seen in him isn't good enough and won't be good enough. He is fairly quick alright but has the physical presence of a 10 year old girl and the ball constantly bounces off him. Keane didn't have a good first half but actually seemed to be coming into the game somewhat when Rafa subbed him. Riera was poor last night and I have no problem with his substitution. Babel why still prone to losing the ball at least has a capacity to make things happen. After he came on last night he nearly scored within five minutes.

In a way I guess we are a little spoiled. We are top of the league at the beginning of December having played most of the first half of the season without Torres. I think there is just disappointment and frustration that we are not 6 or 7 points clear and in an even stronger position given the dropped points at home.

Uladh

Liverpool are starting to become a worry. They've been playing poorly for the most part but are still top of the league. normally a united trait in recent times. it will be an interesting season though i do expect the bin dippers to fall off.

my reasoning for thinking they'll fall away is that rafa has gone against his natural instincts. in previous seasons he has rotated heavily prechristmas to have a fresh squad for the business end of the season. it was a policy which worked fantastically well at valencia. obviously that gamble has left them too far back in the league but the results have definitely been there during that period in the last few years. it has contributed heavily to their champions league progress. they have squeezed through orechristmas and then come string for the knock out stages.

The fat controller is in new territory now and probably gambling a bit. so far so good for him but can his squad sustain results over the busy christmas period, then kee running when the fa cup and champions league come on line? i don't think so

magpie seanie

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 09:21:16 AM
To the Liverpool fans who booed at Fulham and West Ham matches - you are nothing but a pack of c***ts!

You are not Liverpool fans in my eyes. Supporters support the team.  We are top of the league and alredy out of our Champions League group - our best season to date in a decade yet you feel the need to deride the team because we didn't steam roll a couple of teams. Try getting behind the team you w**ks. Unfortunately, on my many visits to Anfield the most cringeworthy of fan carries an Irish accent.
Many day-trippers want Istanbul wrapped up in a nice package every time they visit. It does not work like that. It is a football team and a season, there are highs and lows.

Good post. The bit in bold is completely true of the few visits I've had to Old Trafford too.

peterquaife

To the Liverpool fans who booed at Fulham and West Ham matches - you are nothing but a pack of c***ts!

You are not Liverpool fans in my eyes. Supporters support the team.  We are top of the league and alredy out of our Champions League group - our best season to date in a decade yet you feel the need to deride the team because we didn't steam roll a couple of teams. Try getting behind the team you w**ks. Unfortunately, on my many visits to Anfield the most cringeworthy of fan carries an Irish accent.

Many day-trippers want Istanbul wrapped up in a nice package every time they visit. It does not work like that. It is a football team and a season, there are highs and lows.

a pack of c**ts who pay hand over fist to watch their team play...they have every right to boo if so wish to, they are paying for the privilege. their reason for paying to watch liverpool is due to their unconditional love of the club, not the present manager or players.

i personally lost faith in Benetiz a couple of years ago...each new signing was to be the great white hope, 99% failed to deliver. Torres, Alonso, Carra, Gerrard, Mash...the rest average players...Benayoun, Aurelio, Voronin etc etc etc etc...these useless hooers playing in a red shirt is a slap in the face to many fans who have followed and will continue to follow Liverpool

I travel over to about a dozen games a year, have so for a long time, nothing like the feeling of walking under the Shankly gates into the ground..but, I've never booed and dont think I ever would, not the Liverpool way(for the big majority)...but a 3rd place finish will be our gettings again this year..time for Benetiz to move on

PQ

peterquaife

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 10:30:26 AM

Also, what exactly has Babel done that makes him such a viable option?

you obviously were not sitting in the ground for the Arsenal champions league game......

Minder

Quote from: peterquaife on December 02, 2008, 06:00:17 PM

you obviously were not sitting in the ground for the Arsenal champions league game......

He came on as a sub in an ideal situation for him, when the game was stretched he could use his pace. If he does not start to get a run of games now with Torres out and Keane playing like a pub player he never will. From now until the end of the season will probably shape whether he has a career at Liverpool or not. Personally i would play him up front for a run of games, if Keane has to take a seat for a few games so be it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Good post. Liverpool have had an awful month (usual November as it turns out!), yet they are sitting top of the league and through to the knockout stage in Europe. Yes, the last few games have been worrying because of the paucity of goals, but every team goes through sticky patches. Assuming they stay in touch (as they have done to date because the others have also dropped points), there is no reason why Liverpool can't maintain a challenge. They've put impressive runs together several times during 2008 already, so why shouldn't they do it again?

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on December 02, 2008, 06:00:17 PM

As I said that was last season he has regressed by the looks of things. By the way one goal does not make you an instant starter.

corn02

Quote from: peterquaife on December 02, 2008, 05:56:29 PM

i personally lost faith in Benetiz a couple of years ago...each new signing was to be the great white hope, 99% failed to deliver. Torres, Alonso, Carra, Gerrard, Mash...the rest average players...Benayoun, Aurelio, Voronin etc etc etc etc...these useless hooers playing in a red shirt is a slap in the face to many fans who have followed and will continue to follow Liverpool

PQ

They may pay hand over foot but if they boo, they are not real fans. It is a football match, not a pantomine.

Your old maths isn't too good if you list those players and then say 99% are a failure. Every manager has hits and misses. Look at Fegusons signings over the years, it's part of football. The one thing I will say fior Rafa, is a player is not working out after a season, he is quick to get rid, usually for about the same price.

Fantastic stuff, we sit top of the tree and you are calling for his head, you knowledge astounds me. You lost faith in him a couple of years ago? When in his first season or what. This is his fourth season in charge, so a couple of years ago is at least two. So you lost faith in him when he won the Champions League or the first year he got to rebuild the team (which he brought in Reina, Kuyt abd Alonso) might I add.