The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2008, 09:36:02 AM
To be fair Corn, I don't think the fans booed the team, they seemed to be supporting them all through the game, but when the final whistle went they booed. I think they were booing Rafa's strange, strange substitutions and selection.

I've said it many times, but Liverpool will not win the title while Dirk Kuyt is one of the creative players. I've been surprised, pleasantly, at some of the goals he's got, but I still believe he is the epitome of a hard working lad who will do a job for you. He should not be an automatic starter every week. He's just not good enough, and if he was at United or Chelsea he'd be playing the role that Park does for United.

Liverpool were completely bereft of ideas last night, and for Rafa to bring off Keane and Reira beggered belief.

Yes, Liverpool are top of the league, and yes it's been a vast improvement this season, but I'm very much afraid that when we reach February or March it'll be a case of what might have been. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are all losing games, and Liverpool with a bit more craft would be at least 6 points clear. I'm not saying Liverpool have a right to beat all these teams, but when the chances are there to gain ground on the other teams, you must take it.

When we look at the table in May, we'll be doing the old 'If we had beaten Fulham, Stoke and West Ham at Anfield, we'd have been a point ahead of United' routine again.

These are the same people that booed Lucas form the off  against Fulham. They are the people who sung for Alonso after 20 minutes instead of getting behind Lucas. They booed when Mascherano was taken off ahead of him, even though the Argentinian was as bad and had travelled from South America the previous week. They sapped all his confidence.

Keane was taken off last night because he was as poor as he has been all season. Play well and hyou wont be taken off.

nifan

Keane he was poor. Too much moaning as usual.
Couldnt believe Riera came off instead of Yossi. Neither where great, but Riera did more, bar the superb save from green denying yossi.

Dossena was not the worst player on the pitch surprisingly, he did alright, looked to overlap and a few decent crosses.

Whacker

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 09:53:16 AM
To be fair Corn, I don't think the fans booed the team, they seemed to be supporting them all through the game, but when the final whistle went they booed. I think they were booing Rafa's strange, strange substitutions and selection.

I've said it many times, but Liverpool will not win the title while Dirk Kuyt is one of the creative players. I've been surprised, pleasantly, at some of the goals he's got, but I still believe he is the epitome of a hard working lad who will do a job for you. He should not be an automatic starter every week. He's just not good enough, and if he was at United or Chelsea he'd be playing the role that Park does for United.

Liverpool were completely bereft of ideas last night, and for Rafa to bring off Keane and Reira beggered belief.

Yes, Liverpool are top of the league, and yes it's been a vast improvement this season, but I'm very much afraid that when we reach February or March it'll be a case of what might have been. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are all losing games, and Liverpool with a bit more craft would be at least 6 points clear. I'm not saying Liverpool have a right to beat all these teams, but when the chances are there to gain ground on the other teams, you must take it.

When we look at the table in May, we'll be doing the old 'If we had beaten Fulham, Stoke and West Ham at Anfield, we'd have been a point ahead of United' routine again.

These are the same people that booed Lucas form the off  against Fulham. They are the people who sung for Alonso after 20 minutes instead of getting behind Lucas. They booed when Mascherano was taken off ahead of him, even though the Argentinian was as bad and had travelled from South America the previous week. They sapped all his confidence.

Keane was taken off last night because he was as poor as he has been all season. Play well and hyou wont be taken off.

Two things Corn,  Keane cannot play up front by himself.  Needs someone to work off.  Second thing, bringing that useless little fcuker on, he should have left Keane on and brought on Babbel for that other useless fcuker Benayoun.  It's bad when you can deliberately notice Gerrard not passing the ball to NGog.  Noticed it against Athletic but more so last night!

Rafa is slowly but surely losing the title.  Being top of the league or not top of the League, if you have aspirations to win the League you should be disposing of teams like West Ham when you are at home!

corn02

Quote from: Whacker on December 02, 2008, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 09:53:16 AM

Two things Corn,  Keane cannot play up front by himself.  Needs someone to work off.  Second thing, bringing that useless little fcuker on, he should have left Keane on and brought on Babbel for that other useless fcuker Benayoun.  It's bad when you can deliberately notice Gerrard not passing the ball to NGog.  Noticed it against Athletic but more so last night!

Rafa is slowly but surely losing the title.  Being top of the league or not top of the League, if you have aspirations to win the League you should be disposing of teams like West Ham when you are at home!

What a load of bullshit.

Keane had Kuyt and then Gerrard playing off him at different times, what does he want, someone sucking his thmb?

Can yo utell me what you are basing the "useless little f**ker" statement on? Have you seen much of N'Gog to make a judgement? Rafa sees him every day at Melwood, you have seen about 20 minutes of him. Also, what exactly has Babel done that makes him such a viable option?

Whacker

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning! ;D

Kuyt?? Wouldnt exactly call that a strike partner now would you Corn?? ;D

corn02

Well he has hit a lot more goals from the right wing this season than Keane has up front.

Whacker

Takes the bait!!  ;D

In all fainess Corn, Ngog wouldnt get a sniff and Man United Arsenal Villa etc, the list goes on. Looking at him everyday or not looking at him every day in Melwood, poor to say the least!!

nifan

Quote from: Whacker on December 02, 2008, 10:46:49 AM
Takes the bait!!  ;D

In all fainess Corn, Ngog wouldnt get a sniff and Man United Arsenal Villa etc, the list goes on. Looking at him everyday or not looking at him every day in Melwood, poor to say the least!!

So danny wellbeck is already a top class player?
Miroslav Stoch is definately the real deal?

Both players have played at man u and chelsea recently.

corn02

Takes the bait!!  ;D

I take your point, but I am going to give a boy a chance before wiritng him off as shite. We have barely seen the player. Keane wouldn't get a sniff at United or Chelse the way he is playing so swings and roundabouts.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: corn02 on December 02, 2008, 10:50:29 AM
Takes the bait!!  ;D

I take your point, but I am going to give a boy a chance before wiritng him off as shite. We have barely seen the player. Keane wouldn't get a sniff at United or Chelse the way he is playing so swings and roundabouts.

True, because Malouda is sooooo much better.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

I take the point about N'gog not impressing but Benitez sees him every day, i wonder about Babel and where he figures in Benitez plans, i dont think he fancies him at all. You would think we would be getting more from him at this stage that 20 mins here and there. In fairness when he has started he hasnt impressed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: Minder on December 02, 2008, 11:09:46 AM
I take the point about N'gog not impressing but Benitez sees him every day, i wonder about Babel and where he figures in Benitez plans, i dont think he fancies him at all. You would think we would be getting more from him at this stage that 20 mins here and there. In fairness when he has started he hasnt impressed.

Babel has regressed or stalled at best. He can be explosive in minimal occassions, but he has no work-ethic. Reminds me a bit of Cisse in his thinking too.

Goats Do Shave

He has to be played regularly to be given a chance!

full back

Babel can be a bit of a headless chicken at times, but to be fair he hasnt really been given much of a chance.

corn02

Surely the said can be said of N'Gog then?