The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Completely dominated everything apart from scoring but that is 3 nil nil draws against teams we should be beating easily.

Thought dossena had a decent game though

EC Unique

Seems it was a fair result according to sky sports news. Great 2 Days for Utd's defence of the title ;D And I had a sneaky tenner on a draw at 7-2 :P

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

milltown row

sure no need to bottle it yet, leave that till Easter ;D

The Real Laoislad

Disaster...
Why take Keane off and bring on Ngog? I just don't get it..  ???
I thought Sami was the best Liverpool player on the night,Stevie G just wanted to do it all on his own,Riera was terrible and should have been taken off before Keane..
Anyway still top of the league  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Well a disappointing result. Top of the league we may be but we probably should be about 6 points clear had we taken some of our chances in the home games against Stoke, Fulham and West Ham.

Unfortunately the smaller teams now come to Anfield and park the bus in front of the goals knowing that we struggle to break down packed defences. I'm less worried when we play away from home as teams feel obliged to come out and attack more.

Did not see the point of the Ngog/Keane substitution. Keane didn't have a great first half but looked to be getting involved more in the second half and then he's hauled off for Ngog who is just not good enough. Riera had a poor enough game. Babel should have been on earlier.

Dossena probably his best game since he joined and sent in a few brilliant crosses although he had virtually no defending to do.

QuoteSeems it was a fair result according to sky sports news

Well Liverpool probably had about 75% possession and 20 shots on goal but West Ham did hit the post from a long range Bellamy shot. You could argue they deserved a point for the way they defended but not on the balance of play.

Yes I Would

Thankfully i missed the game tonight.  Not overly surprised considering recent form.  Just cannot put poor opposition away, and looks like a league title that is there for the taking could be lost as a result. >:(

Over the Bar

No pleasin you Liverpool fans.    If at the start of the season you were told you'd be top of the league in December you'd have been c**k-a-hoop.   Bah humbug an all that.

Minder

Liverpools failings against the top 4 have held them back the last few years, now it is failings against the dross means there probably will be no title this year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

QuoteLiverpools failings against the top 4 have held them back the last few years, now it is failings against the dross means there probably will be no title this year.

Minder, despite your lofty start, did you honestly believe that you could win the title this year with that squad?

Minder

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 02, 2008, 09:07:15 AM
QuoteLiverpools failings against the top 4 have held them back the last few years, now it is failings against the dross means there probably will be no title this year.

Minder, despite your lofty start, did you honestly believe that you could win the title this year with that squad?

I didnt OTB, i know some of the players are not good enough to maintain a title challenge. They will be able to lift their game for one off games, ie Man Utd & Chelsea. Not being able to break down Fulham, Stoke & West Ham at home illustrates the players are not good enough. You can all the mitigating circumstances you want but thats what it boils down to.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

To the Liverpool fans who booed at Fulham and West Ham matches - you are nothing but a pack of c***ts!

You are not Liverpool fans in my eyes. Supporters support the team.  We are top of the league and alredy out of our Champions League group - our best season to date in a decade yet you feel the need to deride the team because we didn't steam roll a couple of teams. Try getting behind the team you w**ks. Unfortunately, on my many visits to Anfield the most cringeworthy of fan carries an Irish accent.

Many day-trippers want Istanbul wrapped up in a nice package every time they visit. It does not work like that. It is a football team and a season, there are highs and lows.

AZOffaly

To be fair Corn, I don't think the fans booed the team, they seemed to be supporting them all through the game, but when the final whistle went they booed. I think they were booing Rafa's strange, strange substitutions and selection.

I've said it many times, but Liverpool will not win the title while Dirk Kuyt is one of the creative players. I've been surprised, pleasantly, at some of the goals he's got, but I still believe he is the epitome of a hard working lad who will do a job for you. He should not be an automatic starter every week. He's just not good enough, and if he was at United or Chelsea he'd be playing the role that Park does for United.

Liverpool were completely bereft of ideas last night, and for Rafa to bring off Keane and Reira beggered belief.

Yes, Liverpool are top of the league, and yes it's been a vast improvement this season, but I'm very much afraid that when we reach February or March it'll be a case of what might have been. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are all losing games, and Liverpool with a bit more craft would be at least 6 points clear. I'm not saying Liverpool have a right to beat all these teams, but when the chances are there to gain ground on the other teams, you must take it.

When we look at the table in May, we'll be doing the old 'If we had beaten Fulham, Stoke and West Ham at Anfield, we'd have been a point ahead of United' routine again.

EC Unique

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2008, 09:36:02 AM
To be fair Corn, I don't think the fans booed the team, they seemed to be supporting them all through the game, but when the final whistle went they booed. I think they were booing Rafa's strange, strange substitutions and selection.

I've said it many times, but Liverpool will not win the title while Dirk Kuyt is one of the creative players. I've been surprised, pleasantly, at some of the goals he's got, but I still believe he is the epitome of a hard working lad who will do a job for you. He should not be an automatic starter every week. He's just not good enough, and if he was at United or Chelsea he'd be playing the role that Park does for United.

Liverpool were completely bereft of ideas last night, and for Rafa to bring off Keane and Reira beggered belief.

Yes, Liverpool are top of the league, and yes it's been a vast improvement this season, but I'm very much afraid that when we reach February or March it'll be a case of what might have been. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are all losing games, and Liverpool with a bit more craft would be at least 6 points clear. I'm not saying Liverpool have a right to beat all these teams, but when the chances are there to gain ground on the other teams, you must take it.

When we look at the table in May, we'll be doing the old 'If we had beaten Fulham, Stoke and West Ham at Anfield, we'd have been a point ahead of United' routine again.

Fingers crossed :D :D