Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 15, 2008, 06:20:10 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 15, 2008, 05:51:14 PM
hopefully Carragher will not have to play too many games at full back

Hopefully we can sign a decent one in January

Any suggestions?

I was pretty handy when I played  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

But seeing as Im busy and wouldn't have time to play how about Micah Richards? Would City sell?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 15, 2008, 06:26:38 PM
But seeing as Im busy and wouldn't have time to play how about Micah Richards? Would City sell?

Couldnt see them wanting to sell Richards, or indeed Richards looking to leave.

Hopefully Real Madrid continue their current slump and Sergio Ramos is available in January.
However if this were the case, id imagine there would be a queue of teams lined up for his signature.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

J70

Why would he? Is Arbeloa not back next game?

magpie seanie

Watched this one and overall Liverpool well deserved it. Of course Styles ballsed up with disallowing the Bolton goal just before half time (was either a penalty or a goal in my book) but as I've always said these things even themselves out over a season and to be honest I think Liverpool would have won anyway. If the goal was allowed it would only have made it more interesting. Liverpool played with great confidence today. Kuyt to be fair was excellent again. Keane, though not really a good player, believes he is class and keeps going even when he makes fuckups like the crazy miss today. He works fairly hard for Liverpool but that chance showed that he is not a natural goalscorer.

Liverpool have several wins in the bag already this year that they would have drawn/lost previously. They have a shallower squad that United or Chelsea which you would expect might bite them later in the year but it just mightn't either. They'll need luck with injuries but for the first time in ages I would concede they possibly have a chance.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 15, 2008, 07:23:57 PM
Watched this one and overall Liverpool well deserved it. Of course Styles ballsed up with disallowing the Bolton goal just before half time (was either a penalty or a goal in my book) but as I've always said these things even themselves out over a season and to be honest I think Liverpool would have won anyway. If the goal was allowed it would only have made it more interesting. Liverpool played with great confidence today. Kuyt to be fair was excellent again. Keane, though not really a good player, believes he is class and keeps going even when he makes fuckups like the crazy miss today. He works fairly hard for Liverpool but that chance showed that he is not a natural goalscorer.

Liverpool have several wins in the bag already this year that they would have drawn/lost previously. They have a shallower squad that United or Chelsea which you would expect might bite them later in the year but it just mightn't either. They'll need luck with injuries but for the first time in ages I would concede they possibly have a chance.

Not a natural goal scorer,oh jesus give me strength  ::)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: J70 on November 15, 2008, 06:58:42 PM

Players can get injured i believe, Carra is too slow for rb and his distribution can be sketchy too,he must have put about five out of play today under little pressure.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stevo-08

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 15, 2008, 07:23:57 PM

would agree with that. they've definitely the best chance ever of challenging for the PL. But as you say dont have the squad that united/chelsea have, so cant afford any more injuries. And with injuries to torres, skrtel & gerrard so far this season, hopefully we'll get a better run of luck there.

on todays game, great to get the 3 points and fully deserved. Gerrard, Torres & Kuyt could all have scored 2 apiece and with Keane & Lucas missing sitters, it could have ended up 8-3!!! Anyway on the positive side, at least we are playing fairly well and making chances, which is different to last few seasons.

The next couple of weeks are crucial to the title race IMO. United have played their 3 toughest games and are still only 5 points behind the leaders (assuming they win game in hand). They go away to villa next week and then travel to city - 6 points there will set them up nicely for a title charge in 2nd half of the season. We really need them to drop more points...

J70

Quote from: Minder on November 15, 2008, 07:51:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 15, 2008, 06:58:42 PM

Players can get injured i believe, Carra is too slow for rb and his distribution can be sketchy too,he must have put about five out of play today under little pressure.

They just bought Degen. He's been injured for almost the entire time so far, fair enough, but give him a chance. I'd say there is zero chance of the Americans allowing Rafa to buy another full-back in January. In fact, I'm not sure where Rafa is going to strengthen, unless he sells one or two as well.

magpie seanie

By the way folks I wish to apologise for my comments about Scott Carson's assist last week. Latest eveidence would suggest that he is just completely shit.

Norf Tyrone

What about Benitez' comments today re Torres? Do you think he is trying to motivate him, or take the sting out of fan reaction if the January transfer rumours are true?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone