The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

When is the last time a Liverpool manager got that award?

nifan

Rafa has got it several times, as did GH.
Phil Thompson also got it.

corn02

Quote from: nifan on November 14, 2008, 04:55:33 PM

Thompson the tit got one? (Not so much of a tit now, but never like dhim after the Fowler affair.)

nifan

EC Unique

Quote from: nifan on November 14, 2008, 04:55:33 PM

Must be handy enough got then :D :D

charlie stubbs

3 poins required 2mara lads!  torrres looked bit rusty as you would expect during the week so bearing in mind robbie was rested during theweek i can see him and the labrador up top.would imagine alonso,masch,stevy riera all start as well.dagger and carra in the centre and 2 of a bad bunch as full backs hopefully aurelio over dossena.  be good have pepe back in goal.  expect us to get the three points we just have ensure we up for it as much as them as we know what we going get and they will be buoyed by win at hull

stevo-08

yep, 3 points a must tomorrow. and with arbeloa suspended & degen injured, our problems in the full back positions get even worse - and i didnt think that could be possible.

Mentalman

Quote from: charlie stubbs on November 14, 2008, 06:00:07 PM
3 poins required 2mara lads!  torrres looked bit rusty as you would expect during the week so bearing in mind robbie was rested during theweek i can see him and the labrador up top.would imagine alonso,masch,stevy riera all start as well.dagger and carra in the centre and 2 of a bad bunch as full backs hopefully aurelio over dossena.  be good have pepe back in goal.  expect us to get the three points we just have ensure we up for it as much as them as we know what we going get and they will be buoyed by win at hull

Jasus, in a bad performance during the week Dossena had a particularly bad game. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't stinking up the joint so much. Hope the side is much as outlined there, actually like Aurelio at left back, and after seeing Degen (granted first viewing) Arbeloa is the only man for the job. Rafa needs to do something in those positions in January (a right winger to match Riera would be nice too!)
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Mentalman

Quote from: stevo-08 on November 14, 2008, 06:05:21 PM
yep, 3 points a must tomorrow. and with arbeloa suspended & degen injured, our problems in the full back positions get even worse - and i didnt think that could be possible.

Jasus, didn't realise Arbeloa was unavailable too...what's the solution there, Spearing? Should have never moved Finan on, still better than anything currently in the squad.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mentalman on November 14, 2008, 06:07:11 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on November 14, 2008, 06:05:21 PM

Jasus, didn't realise Arbeloa was unavailable too...what's the solution there, Spearing? Should have never moved Finan on, still better than anything currently in the squad.

I agree, it was a very bad mistake to sell Finnan....Far better than any of the other stooges...

You'll Never Walk Alone.

charlie stubbs

could see carra shifted across to be honest sami in middle with dagger.sami could prove especially useful as bolton wont be blessed with tpace of anelka/diouf of previous seasons and alot of ball will be aimed at davies in the air imo!!

gawa316

Spearing is a centre midfielder so won't be him. The only choices we have are to bring young Darby in at rb or moving Carra out there with Sami in the centre. I'd go for the second option due to Bolton's aerial threat

charlie stubbs

ll or anyone else know how stevy getting on in spain??think heard hasinjured no sky at home so dont be that up to date with la liga to be honest

Mentalman

Quote from: charlie stubbs on November 14, 2008, 06:12:07 PM
could see carra shifted across to be honest sami in middle with dagger.sami could prove especially useful as bolton wont be blessed with tpace of anelka/diouf of previous seasons and alot of ball will be aimed at davies in the air imo!!

Good thinking Batman! Although Sammi didn't exactly cover himself in glory during the week you'd imagine he'd up his game for a real competitive match...still a legend.

Mentalman

Quote from: gawa316 on November 14, 2008, 06:13:41 PM
Spearing is a centre midfielder so won't be him. The only choices we have are to bring young Darby in at rb or moving Carra out there with Sami in the centre. I'd go for the second option due to Bolton's aerial threat

Meant Darby, always mixing them up. He came on the other night didn't he? Don't really recall him being invloved much though.