Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

J70

Think you're being a bit harsh there lads. You can't fault Liverpool for effort or say they didn't try to work the ball into goal-scoring positions. It certainly wasn't a case of the team lumping aimless long balls into the box, while getting good crosses in is not exactly easy when there are eight defenders and a goalkeeper packed in there. Stoke were very good in the air at the back, while Liverpool aren't great in the air up front and definitely did not have their shooting boots on today. Has that disallowed goal stood or some of the easy chances that came to Torres and Keane been finished, we'd all be crowing. Its a thin line sometimes.

FermGael

maybe J70 but there keeper did not have to produce any world class saves to deny Liverpool.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

J70

Quote from: FermGael on September 20, 2008, 05:40:40 PM
maybe J70 but there keeper did not have to produce any world class saves to deny Liverpool.

How many times do keepers have to produce "world-class" saves in most games? You don't tend to see it too often when a keeper is playing behind a massed, dug-in defence. Liverpool's shooting was awful today. Had Keane got decent efforts off for his two chances, it would have taken very good saves to deny him. Same with Torres' header or the one the defender deflected away. On another day Gerrard would have rescued them with one of his numerous efforts from outside the box. My bigger concern would not be with the shooting, but with the lack of threat from corners.

And I'm not saying it was a wonderful performance or that Stoke didn't earn their point, but this collapse into despair and doom and gloom after a poor result does my head in. The effort was there today, the finishing touch was not. Liverpool had won something like their ten previous league games in a row at Anfield, and while we always see one or two games like today in any season, it does not mean that they may as well pack it in right now. Its a 38 game season. Let's see how they respond with the Everton and City away games coming up.

Minder

You have to pick up as many points as possible at home and today was a total f**k up, does anyone think stoke will pick up a single point at United,chelsea or arsenal ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2008, 06:51:56 PM
You have to pick up as many points as possible at home and today was a total f**k up, does anyone think stoke will pick up a single point at United,chelsea or arsenal ?

No Arsenal will rip them to bits!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

Was working all day so only caught the match on the radio..
Very disappointed its like last season all over again,I don't understand why he would take off Keane to bring on Benayoun and move Kuyt in with Torres,According to radio Keane was bright enough today,Would it have been better to leave him on ? there was still 20mins left when they took him off
Anyways its really annoying to drop two points against a team like Stoke.
A draw in the big match tomorrow would suit us now
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2008, 06:51:56 PM

And Liverpool will likely beat Tottenham and Newcastle at home and pick up at least a point, if not three, away to Fulham.

Minder

And they would have likely picked up 3 today but they didnt

J70

Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2008, 11:37:12 PM

Alright Minder, the season is over, Benitez has to go.

Is that what you want to hear?

Minder

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2008, 11:46:57 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2008, 11:37:12 PM

Alright Minder, the season is over, Benitez has to go.

Is that what you want to hear?
Where did i say that? It was a pathetic result, to think anything else is silly. We have form for dropping cheap points at home,another result or two like that and the season will be over

J70

Yes, it was a poor result, but every team has days when it just doesn't happen. It certainly wasn't for a lack of effort today. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks (some tough games) before throwing the toys out of the pram.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic