The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

This is a great thread you've now deluded yourselves that your not deluded brilliant!!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

under the bar

QuoteI think Chelsea are gong to win the league this year but like everyone else i think Liverpool will be a lot closer than previous years and might even claim 2nd place

Not unless the the United squad come down with Ebola.

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on September 19, 2008, 03:12:09 PM
QuoteI think Chelsea are gong to win the league this year but like everyone else i think Liverpool will be a lot closer than previous years and might even claim 2nd place

Not unless the the United squad come down with Ebola.

Have you got a speech impediment?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

woman goes to doctor and says "doctor doctor my fanny can talk"
lets have a look he says
down comes the pants and the lips open up and say"liverpool are going to win the league"
doctor says ito her ts OK, there a lot of c***ts talking like that at the minute.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

corn02

charlie stubbs

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2008, 01:52:54 PM
I'd say Chelsea would probably beg to differ about Liverpool being the 'form' team.

chelsea have definately been the best side in the league so far.  i think they will take the title.  what is impressing me about liverpool is their ability to win games when we have played poorly.  this is an art that utd and chelsea have developed and we didnt seem to have in recent years.

i hear posters complaining about reina's distribution, but imo hes the best keeer in the league with the ball at his feet either right or left foot. 

babel has started the reason well said last year that i expected him to start fulfilling his potential this year.  riera looks an excellent buy the type of player we have badly needed.  the defence looks very solid.  its the 1st time in a few seasons i can safely say if carra picked up an injury we wouldnt be f****d. 

tomorrow play stoke, should be an easy 3 points.  i think the general consencus would be a comfortable win with a keane goal(or 2) in front of the kop!

team i would like to see tomorrow:
pepe,
degen,skrtel,agger,dossena,
babel,gerrard,alonso,riera
robbie, torres

stoke will obviously come looking a point so i think it is important that we have width and babel and reira are our best options imo.  degen has a reputation as an attacking full back which will help try to break down defensive sides, arbeloas crossing lets him down on occassions.

agger obviously needs some gametime and think him and skrtel should try and develop a bit of an understanding. 

masch seemed "leggy" in the 2nd half so would rest him also.  alonsos playmaking ability could also be vital if stoke come and park the bus infront of their goal

J70

I think you might see big Sami in the team tomorrow given Stoke's fondness for Delap's long throws.

ExiledGael

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2008, 09:35:58 PM
I think you might see big Sami in the team tomorrow given Stoke's fondness for Delap's long throws.

Thought that earlier alright. Also heard Benitez hinting at Torres' extended season last year with the Euros and that. WOuldn't be surprised to see him rested tomorrow. Fancy Keane to break his duck tomorrow.

stevo-08

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 19, 2008, 09:34:12 PM

tomorrow play stoke, should be an easy 3 points.  i think the general consencus would be a comfortable win with a keane goal(or 2) in front of the kop!

team i would like to see tomorrow:
pepe,
degen,skrtel,agger,dossena,
babel,gerrard,alonso,riera
robbie, torres

stoke will obviously come looking a point so i think it is important that we have width and babel and reira are our best options imo.  degen has a reputation as an attacking full back which will help try to break down defensive sides, arbeloas crossing lets him down on occassions.

agger obviously needs some gametime and think him and skrtel should try and develop a bit of an understanding. 

masch seemed "leggy" in the 2nd half so would rest him also.  alonsos playmaking ability could also be vital if stoke come and park the bus infront of their goal

3 changes to the defence from last weeks game??? I dont think I'd like to see that. Should be 3 points tomorrow but dont forget it was this time last year that we dropped points against portsmouth & birmingham. Aurelio looks like he wont make it so dossena will definitely start but I would start arbeloa, he's settling into the RB position this season so let him continue. I could see Agger or Hyypia in the centre though. Also would like to see Masch & Alonso start in CM, they're forming an excellent partnership and its a key area to ensure the team functions well. Tomorrow's game is vital - let Rafa rest as many as he wants against Crew on tuesday.

Hoof Hearted

not paticularly talking about the guys on here corn02, but last sat evening i was getting fecking text pics to my phone of the league table !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

J70

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 20, 2008, 12:05:29 AM
not paticularly talking about the guys on here corn02, but last sat evening i was getting fecking text pics to my phone of the league table !!

So some of your mates taking the piss after Liverpool beat United means that Liverpool fans, present company excepted, think the team is all of a sudden going to win the league?

Some of you boys just hear what you want to hear and ignore the rest.

J70

Hard work so far for Liverpool. Stoke are camped on the edge of their box and are defending as if their lives defended on it (they're very good in the air). If Liverpool get one, they'll win by two or three, but the first one is the key. They'd need to improve their shooting from outside the box though.

Not sure about the disallowed goal. Torres may have been very slightly offside in the middle of the goal. Kuyt didn't get near the ball, so it can't have been him, although the linesman obviously had a different perspective from his position.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"