The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

cant believe lads after a few games in youse are writing Utd off, it's funny how blind sided supporters can be with their clubs, that ONE victory over the utd will mean ya'll win the league. remember this when they are handing the trophy to utd or arsenal or Chelsea at the end of the season. Liverpool are stilll way off the mark

Minus15

When did anyone mention winning the league? Liverpool fans know better than anyone not to get to carried away as it can just come back to bite you. What yesterday's win did was set down a marker that Liverpool are finally ready to go and challenge. We hope. I said before that we needed to win at home against the big teams so theres one out of the way. Now 6 points from our next 2 games against Stoke and Everton will ensure that yesterday was no fluke.

dodo

Another one for you to be indignant about Seanie !

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 14, 2008, 03:13:27 AM
QuoteI thought after 70 mins when we didnt make the breakthrough United would push on and get a goal but they just arent good enough.

So they must have won the European Cup 4 months ago by a pure fluke - oh no, that could never happen, could it?
Well done Seanie. First prize in the taking a post out of context contest  ;D

corn02

Your usually spot on Seanie but there is a bit of bitterness in your posts since the match. Taking everything out of context.

magpie seanie

The time of one or two of my posts might indicate that, ahem, they may not have been that clearly thought out. Sorry.

corn02

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 14, 2008, 03:13:27 AM
QuoteI thought after 70 mins when we didnt make the breakthrough United would push on and get a goal but they just arent good enough.

So they must have won the European Cup 4 months ago by a pure fluke - oh no, that could never happen, could it?

Well it was a slight fluke Chelsea were the better team that night
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

That was sweet yesterday. Long overdue, Masch and Alonso ruled the roost in the middle of the park, dont think its a long time since i have seen Utd pass the ball so poorly. The sight of Fergies rosy red cheeks was priceless at full time. The hairdryer will well and truly be out this week id imagine.

Should lift spirits and hopefully a level of consistency can now be established.

stevo-08

Great performance on saturday & great result. finally got the luck we deserved. Masch & Alonso were superb in midfield, defence was excellent and I also thought Aurelio & Riera combined brilliantly on the left forcing Rooney to defend for large periods. Havent seen Utd as bad for a long time - how many times did they give the ball away or just hoof it forward. However, some credit for that must go to Liverpool as their workrate was immence and they put united under pressure anytime they had the ball.

Was nice to finally see Liverpool keep the ball on the ground and moving it around, Alonso in particular benefited from this. Hopefully we'll continue to play in this way. And as has already been said, it was the performance rather than the 3 points which was the most encouraging. Nobody is getting carried away by this win - we got 0 points in the same fixture last season but in a similar comparison we got 3 points at villa park last season and only 1 in this campaign, so in terms of points we're not hugely better off. We'll only know if Liverpool are serious contenders after the next 5 games during which, we travel to Everton, City & Chelsea - we got 5 points from those 3 games last season and we need to improve on that this time.

brokencrossbar1

I didn't get to see all of the game due to culmination of hangover, baby puking its ring and to be honest a certain level of disinterest after what has been a underwhelming start to the season.  The result is everything, even if it had been a scrappy last minute fluke off Slur alex's red nose I wouldn't care less.  The fact that they seemed to play well according to reports I read, is a major bonus and will be a nice confidence lifter going into the game against Marseille on Tues.  Another win there will start up an early qualification from the group stages which will take off the pressure for the traditional period of collapse during the November run of games.

The next 3 league games require minimum 7 points.

supersub

great win for the reds some super football played to outclass utd. it still remains to be seen though whether liverpool can maintain this form and become a real threat to utd and chelsea for the league. if they keep this up they will be right up there. we all know utd are goin to have an untouchable period at some point and it will be up to the teams at the top to stop them in their tracks!