Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isourboydownyet

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on September 13, 2008, 02:59:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 02:55:32 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on September 13, 2008, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 02:45:16 PM
Mascherano man of the match for me. Closely followed by Kuyt, Alonso and Keane. Good debut from Riera too.

kuyt :o couldnt trap a brick,awful touch and missed a sitter

He still had an excellent game though.

yeah got on the ball alot but very little came from him,torres and gerard back he has to go but i cant see rafa doing that,babel is improving with every game,again turned the game.liverpool were dominating but no real chances until he came on.apart from letting teves in for the goal mascarano was my man of the match.

Apart from an assist for the second goal you mean? Yes, he missed a couple of chances, but I thought he linked up excellently with Keane and the midfield. Screwed up with his touch a couple of times, but overall he was very involved in Liverpool's domination of the second half.

::),well apart from that :D

J70

Quote from: isourboydownyet on September 13, 2008, 03:14:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on September 13, 2008, 02:59:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 02:55:32 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on September 13, 2008, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2008, 02:45:16 PM
Mascherano man of the match for me. Closely followed by Kuyt, Alonso and Keane. Good debut from Riera too.

kuyt :o couldnt trap a brick,awful touch and missed a sitter

He still had an excellent game though.

yeah got on the ball alot but very little came from him,torres and gerard back he has to go but i cant see rafa doing that,babel is improving with every game,again turned the game.liverpool were dominating but no real chances until he came on.apart from letting teves in for the goal mascarano was my man of the match.

Apart from an assist for the second goal you mean? Yes, he missed a couple of chances, but I thought he linked up excellently with Keane and the midfield. Screwed up with his touch a couple of times, but overall he was very involved in Liverpool's domination of the second half.

::),well apart from that :D

So we disagree on Kuyt's performance. I think I'll be able to live with that.

corn02

Spot on J70. He was very,m very good. Needs to be a bit more clinical but I would not blame him for the first save off the line, should have scored in injury time. What impressed me most was the amount of ball he won in the air.

isourboydownyet

still not happening for keane had a couple of wild kicks but i hope rafa sticks with him because i think once he gets the first he'll knock them in for fun

corn02

H e was very decnt and some smart flicks but of course you pay 20 million for goals, not flicks. His slip at the end was comical but he'll not worry tonight.

Minus15

Like Corn I was very impresses with kuyt in the air today. Won quite a bit off Ferdinand. he is much happier through the middle. I thought Keane toiled really hard today and did well. And Riera rarely gave the ball away. good debut and some delightful touches. I know Mascherano was good but for me Alonso was the man of the match. I thought he ran the game after United took the lead. Passing was good and was always available for the pass from defence. And Arbeloa did well too. Wonder what Laoislad thought!

bingobus

Thats one monkey off the back, great result after going one down but they slowly built up monemtum and controlled the second half and started to create chances.

Absolute pleasure to beat the mancs after so long and hopefully the display will continue. Impressed with Riera, looked comfortable on ball, stayed wide and can through a few tricks.

MoM for me was kuyt, hard work off ball but massive workload to get on the ball. Was always available for ball out of defence and held it up well. Unlucky first chance and should have scored second time at end. Predator at the back was immense.

Get in. Delighted for a change.

charlie stubbs

agree kuyt looks a different player through the middle.  he may not be clinical but he won a gret amount of ball in the air and linked with midfield well. i would be a big critic but have applaud him today. 

liked the linkup down the left between reira and aurelio caused utd problems.  riera looks a different player 2 the one at city.  had my reservations when signed but i was impressed today.like his directness he wants toget the ball take a man on and get the ball in the box something we have been crying out for.  hopefully he can do the job we signed kewell for. 

masch and alonso domnated the mf.  carr was carra and skrtel continues to impress, though slightly to blame for goal.  it is a compliment to him that you wouldnt know that agger is available at the minute!!

think keane just needs to get the monkey off his back and he will come good!!

The Real Laoislad

A great way to finish off a great week of holidays  ;D ;D ;D

Totally deserved victory today,Every player was excellent,Even Arbeola was half decent though i wish someone would show him how to cross a ball into the box,though he did deliver one good cross that cried out for someone to plant it home
Babel is a great substitute,he never seems to play well when he starts a game.
Thought Riera played well for his first game and I am excited about him
I thought Mash was man of the match to be honest,Also thought Kuyt played well
Over the moon about the result it's long overdue after United fluking it the last few times at Anfield
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Great result and a performance to match, there was only one team in it. I thought after 70 mins when we didnt make the breakthrough United would push on and get a goal but they just arent good enough. Mascherano was immense today and dominated midfield. Also glad we didnt have to risk Torres and can keep him for the big games...........Hopefully VDS plays plenty of games this year for United...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

I see on the skysports website Benayoun got Man of the Match
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

magpie seanie

QuoteI thought after 70 mins when we didnt make the breakthrough United would push on and get a goal but they just arent good enough.

So they must have won the European Cup 4 months ago by a pure fluke - oh no, that could never happen, could it?

bridgegael

no,  man utd proved today that they are really a one man team,  with out him they are an average side,  were as liverpool were missing the best player in the world and still won!! :)
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"