The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Keane's book was fine but i felt he was holding back quite a bit and was largely diappointed for that reason.

corn02

Ture. Would have been a nicer read a few years from now with the whole management angle as well.

Over the Bar

QuoteThought the papers were harsh today on Gerard, claiming that England looked a better side with him not in it, and that it allowed Lampard and Barry to run the show. Some even questioning his international future!

Hardly surprising.  England have been sh*te for years so they need a scape-goat to blame past failures on when it all goes right!   Can't really blame Paul Scholes for telling them to shove their England cap where the sun don't shine.

Uladh

J70

Hopefully they won't risk him unless he's 100%. Same with Torres.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 11, 2008, 01:33:02 PM
QuoteThought the papers were harsh today on Gerard, claiming that England looked a better side with him not in it, and that it allowed Lampard and Barry to run the show. Some even questioning his international future!

Hardly surprising.  England have been sh*te for years so they need a scape-goat to blame past failures on when it all goes right!   Can't really blame Paul Scholes for telling them to shove their England cap where the sun don't shine.

Obvioulsy my sarcasm has been lost!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

A blind man could see that Gerrard and Lampard are just incompatible in midfield together. It's as obvious as hell. Looks like from now on that Gerrard and Lampard will be battling for that second midfielder slot, and rightly so.

Uladh

I'd say it will also be a three way battle betwen barry, hargreaves and carrick for the DM spot too. Hargreaves will probably be first choice when fit.

full back

Quote from: Uladh on September 11, 2008, 04:13:45 PM

I'd say it will also be a three way battle betwen barry, hargreaves and carrick for the DM spot too. Hargreaves will probably be first choice when fit.

Hargreaves is full of energy, but Barry has a lot more creativity than the other two IMHO.
A player capable of crossing with the left is also something England arent blessed with either

Uladh

nor is it something a defensive mdfielder will be required to do either. barry is a decent, neat and tidy club player, as is carrick but hargreaves has that extra edge required for this position in international football

nifan

Id pick a fit Hargreaves out of the three of them, followed by Barry with Carrick behind that

full back

It would be between Hargreaves & Barry.
But if Gerrard is out I would pick Barry simply because of his ability to pass