The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiff breeze

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2008, 01:19:16 PM
Keano has passed his medical - according to the Liverpool Echo

think he will be 1 of the signings of the summer. He is a hard working creative player and could play alongside or in the pocket behind torres freeing up gerrard for centre mid or right mid when mascherano returns.

full back

Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2008, 11:14:17 AM
Picking up Henry and offloading Saha would be very good business in terms of the 4th striker position however.

Did I miss something? When was Henry mentioned as a 4th striker

Good bit of business by rafa - only 2/3 players short of challenging now
Will Keane play 2nd fiddle to Voirinin (sp)  :D

stiff breeze

Quote from: full back on July 28, 2008, 01:51:02 PM
Picking up Henry and offloading Saha would be very good business in terms of the 4th striker position however.

Good bit of business by rafa - only 2/3 players short of challenging now
Will Keane play 2nd fiddle to Voirinin (sp)  :D

voronin doesnt play the fiddle, he is lethal on the triangle

mackers

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 01:43:15 PM

think he will be 1 of the signings of the summer. He is a hard working creative player and could play alongside or in the pocket behind torres freeing up gerrard for centre mid or right mid when mascherano returns.
Thought that in the pocket behind Torres was Gerrard's best position. He has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder, right side of midfield maybe, but not central.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

el_cuervo_fc

I think it was in the Daily Star.  I seen it on BBC gossip this morning

Hound

Rooney + Tevez + Berbatov + Henry/Saha = 4

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2008, 01:57:39 PM

Berbatov has signed then?

Over the Bar

Is it true Keane has scored 20+ for 3 seasons in succession?

stiff breeze

Quote from: mackers on July 28, 2008, 01:53:58 PM

Thought that in the pocket behind Torres was Gerrard's best position. He has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder, right side of midfield maybe, but not central.

gerrard has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder??? Is this a wind up?

full back

Very little chance of Utd starting the season with those players (Berbatov & Henry)

The Real Laoislad

Whats with all the United talk ??? f**k on over back to yer own thread  :-*
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mackers

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 02:24:00 PM

gerrard has proved on numerous occasions he is not a central midfielder??? Is this a wind up?
No, stiff breeze it's not a wind up. Superb footballer but not good at the bread and butter jobs in central midfield........discussed on here on a few occasions..........Rafa obviously doesn't believe it either.........explains why he rarely plays him there.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Hound

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2008, 02:03:36 PM

Berbatov has signed then?

Are you being thick or pedantic?
United will sign Berbatov or a different striker if they can't get him.
They will also sign a 4th striker if Saha is sold.

Back to Pool....still no official word on Robbie....

stiff breeze

Quote from: mackers on July 28, 2008, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 02:24:00 PM

No, stiff breeze it's not a wind up. Superb footballer but not good at the bread and butter jobs in central midfield........discussed on here on a few occasions..........Rafa obviously doesn't believe it either.........explains why he rarely plays him there.

hes not good at breaking up attacks? attacking on his own ? placing passes to the forwards?  gerrard is a complete footballer and can play anywhere, the middle is where he is at his best. Rafa put him on the wings because we lacked speed and creativity there and we had alonso and masch for the middle. When masch is at the olimpics and If we get keane alonso will be the holding mid with gerrard alongside him imo

The Real Laoislad

I'd like if you told me of the times he has proved central midfield is not his best position because i can't agree with you on your above statement
You'll Never Walk Alone.