The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

I see Maik Taylor was offered a 1 year contract as No. 2 at Liverpool but turned it down for a 2 year stay at Birmingham. Would have been an improvement on Charles Intandje, good experience and secure No.2. Has his wobbles but can see why Rafa went for him as a back-up tp Reina.

Also appears JAR is heading closing to the door. Sooner rid the better. Became stale and rather crap this last 3 years.

Stalin

Villa has came out and said there has been no contact with any club and that he is not thinking about his future atm. Tbh I really cant see Rafa splashing out on him anyway.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Stalin on June 18, 2008, 04:38:33 PM
Villa has came out and said there has been no contact with any club and that he is not thinking about his future atm. Tbh I really cant see Rafa splashing out on him anyway.

Well by all accounts he wants to stay in Spain although I do believe Liverpool are interested in him. I certainly think we would be in a good position to sign him if he did leave Spain due to the Benitez and Torres factor. The fact that he's probably put another 10 million on top of his transfer fee at the Euros doesn't help either. We'd probably have to sell Alonso, Crouch and Carson to be able to afford just him.

Chrisowc

Quote from: bingobus on June 18, 2008, 02:25:16 PM
I see Maik Taylor was offered a 1 year contract as No. 2 at Liverpool but turned it down for a 2 year stay at Birmingham. Would have been an improvement on Charles Intandje, good experience and secure No.2. Has his wobbles but can see why Rafa went for him as a back-up tp Reina.

Also appears JAR is heading closing to the door. Sooner rid the better. Became stale and rather crap this last 3 years.

I agree that he would have been good cover for Pepe.

From a Norn Iron point of view I'm glad he is staying with Birmingham because he will still get regular games.  I wonder if Liverpool had offered him 2 years would he have taken the move?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

fred the red

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 18, 2008, 05:23:19 PM

From a Norn Iron point of view I'm glad he is staying with Birmingham because he will still get regular games.  I wonder if Liverpool had offered him 2 years would he have taken the move?

And if your auntie had balls, (s)he would be your uncle.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: fred the red on June 18, 2008, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on June 18, 2008, 05:23:19 PM

And if your auntie had balls, (s)he would be your uncle.

What you on about  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

As Roma have signed John Arne Riise on a four year deal.I got a text alert from Liverpool FC confirming this
Was a great player for the first few seasons but went off the boil the last couple..
Will always be remembered for this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzpAyzEkyRs&feature=related In my opinion the best free kick goal ever in the Premiership..

And here's one thats just as good with Amercian take on the commentry  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW2d-QrnFgA&feature=related
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Great memories Gab :D :D
Not many others in the PL I suppose

brokencrossbar1

Unreal man for shooting.  Whole-hearted and a real team player.  May have gone off the boil in the last 18 months but he will always be fondly remembered..."John Arne Riise, oh ah, I wanna knooooow how you scored that goal"

PS Gab nice photo :P

Yes I Would

Great left peg, shame he couldnt leave it behind him.  His defencive liabilities eventually caught up with him!!

GalwayBayBoy

New away kit. Tribute to the old grey Candy one by the looks of it.

girt_giggler

Not sure what to think of it, but why haven't they the 'carlsberg' logo in red also??

Anyone see Alonso's performance for Spain last night? Was top drawer, unlucky not to score 2 / 3 goals, some superb long range shooting.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 19, 2008, 01:02:14 AM
New away kit. Tribute to the old grey Candy one by the looks of it.

Jaysis im not sure about that...
Defiantly a throwback to the old Candy jersey made famous by the likes of John Barnes,Glenn Hysen and John Aldridge!
You'll Never Walk Alone.