The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

QuoteHargreaves when playing there is as good as if not better than Mascherano, but H'greaves is showing his versatility at right back.

Hargreaves is a decent, honest player, and is all heart - Mascherano's talent is much. much greater, though he's not dependable and far more likely to throw a complete wobbler. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

He'd hardly be curling many free kicks into the top corner either.

timmyot501

No complaints. Maybe we could have had a pen of our own in extra time but I think we decided after the full time whistle that it was peno time. Chelsea didn't. Actually I think after we scored the equaliser we should have pushed even harder for the winner. Chelsea were on the ropes for about 10 mins after Torres goal but we just weren't ruthless enough.

If I were crouch I'd be looking for a new club. That game was calling out for him (especially when Torres went off). I know Babel scored but Cech shuda saved that one. 

Billys Boots

QuoteHe'd hardly be curling many free kicks into the top corner either.

I wasn't talking about free-taking Seanie, but that's indisputably in Hargreaves favour - but Hargreaves is no Makalele/Deschamps/Dunga.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

QuoteMascherano was brilliant, amazing energy levels and he is without doubt the best player in world football playing that position.

Ha! Now he played well last night but yet again he gave away the ball cheaply. He's not even the best in the Premiership, give me Flamini or Anderson any day of the weekl.

Anyway cheer up lads just three months to go and you can start the delusion all over again.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

True Dinny, but ye've got a two week head start on us :D

stevo-08

disappointed with that last night but better team won, no doubt. I thought once Torres got the equaliser that we'd come through but fair play to chelsea and in particular Lampard & drogba. Liverpool dominated for about 10mins after the equaliser but after that there was only one team looking to win it.

I really feel that our luck finally ran out. We got the decisions and the breaks in the arsenal tie but not this time around. Injuries to aurelio & Skrtel effectively sealed our fate - Riise's moment in the 1st leg & ball watching in 2nd leg, Hyypia has never played well on drogba and again last night. Thats the difference between the likes of Utd & Liverpool, they lose vidic & rooney and have the strength in reserve, not so for Liverpool. And this time around the opposition got the breaks - they got the penalty, 1 maybe 2 offside decisions for the drogba goals. But thats just the way it goes sometimes and Liverpool certainly cant complain, they've had their fair share of the breaks in this competition in the past. And chelsea were absolutely full value for their win last night.

Also thought rafa tactically got it wrong last night. I said it before that we should play 4-4-2 against the top teams. We were absolutely attrocious in first half, couldnt string 1 pass together let alone 2 or 3. Torres needed support, he was always going to get smothered by a quality cb pairing like last night. And Makelele tied up gerrard all night. We all know what strengths kuyt has, he's like the duracell bunny. But when teams are pressing hard like chelsea were last night, he just doesnt have the skill to make himself any space. And for the first time, he looked like he had run out of gas. First sub should have been babel for kuyt. Then when torres got injured, it was crouch time & push babel upfront with gerrard & benny on wings. and if needed, pennant on for benny to deliver some crosses to crouch.

best of luck to both teams in the final, couldnt care less who wins it. But have a feeling that chelsea's name is on the cup this year.

As for Liverpool, the season has proved yet again that we are at least 3 players short of challenging for the top prizes. This summer has to be about getting rid of some deadwood and getting some quality replacements. Oh, and obviously sort out the ownership shite once and for all. we can then start the delusion all over again.  ::) ::)

Dinny Breen

QuoteTrue Dinny, but ye've got a two week head start on us

Did you not know all us Gooners care about is the beautiful game and how it's played, throphies come second to that  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2008, 11:03:26 AM
QuoteTrue Dinny, but ye've got a two week head start on us

Did you not know all us Gooners care about is the beautiful game and how it's played, throphies come second to that  8)

That's lucky for ye then ;D

bingobus

Pub question for a few years time:

Who was the Monaghan man who led Liverpool out in a Champions league semi-final st Standford Bridge?  ;D

Uladh

Quote from: bingobus on May 01, 2008, 11:13:52 AM
Pub question for a few years time:

Who was the Monaghan man who led Liverpool out in a Champions league semi-final st Standford Bridge?  ;D

The mascot was from Carrick?

on the mascherano / hargreaves debate i think its a tie. both are brilliant at what they do. i don't think united can win the final without hargreaves in the DM postiion given both ballack and lampard will be breaking forward. i also happen to think that makelele is still the best in the world.

For you scousers who think they need 3 more players to win the league.... realistically, who would you add.... spending no more than another £50m

corn02

Uladh, one of my first choices would be Bentley. Nearly 20 assists this season, probably around £12 million I would imagine, the other two im undecided on. Queresama would be great, but unrealistic. I still think Villa would be a good buy.

Full-backs? I have no idea to be honest.

Yes I Would

Very little quality at out there at the right sort of dough, and im not convinced 3 players is even enough to make a serious challenge!!
Wingmen, Full back, Centre half, Keeper, all badly needed.
Ashley Young from Villa
Richard Dunne from City

2 from prem who could help improve squad.

The Gs Man

Upon her release after 24 years of being locked away, Miss Fritzl's first question was " Are Liverpool still shit ? "

I'll get me coat.....
Keep 'er lit

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 01, 2008, 12:26:02 PM
Upon her release after 24 years of being locked away, Miss Fritzl's first question was " Are Liverpool still shit ? "

I'll get me coat.....

That might work only for the fact that in 1984 Liverpool were league champions and won the European Cup.