The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2008, 01:21:42 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 25, 2008, 04:56:48 AM

If it is the case is it not something that fans group should be trying to eradicate or maybe they are?

Of course it is something they should be trying to eradicate. What would you expect any fair-minded person to say? And given that it is something that happened in Athens and at Arsenal within the past year, I would expect the responsible authorities to be taking steps to counteract it. Scumbags are scumbags, and I don't know why anyone would expect Liverpool fans not to condemn this behaviour.

What irritates the fcuk out of me is when sanctimonious fans of rival clubs use the actions of a tiny minority to demonize the entire club and its support. If their clubs are so pure or so much better than Liverpool in terms of the behaviour of their support, I'm sure that there are police and FA statistics out there to make the case.

Bingo, AZ and J70 thanks for the replies. J70 I don't know if you think I am being sanctimonious or not, but that was not my intention. It's hardly a subject a Chelsea fan can be sanctimonious about.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Chrisowc

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2008, 03:04:44 PM
Erik Meijr (spelling?) aka Erik the Viking aka Erik the useless hoor.

Thats him alright!

Was he on the books at the same time as Dundee?

Frightening!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

AZOffaly

Himself, Dundee and Riedle were all on the books , along with a young Michael Owen, around the same time. It was truly a golden age.

Minder

Quote from: Chrisowc on April 25, 2008, 03:15:03 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2008, 03:04:44 PM
Erik Meijr (spelling?) aka Erik the Viking aka Erik the useless hoor.

Thats him alright!

Was he on the books at the same time as Dundee?

Frightening!

In fairness lads he was never gonna be a first team regular and nobody was expecting him to do anything, it is ten times worse when you have someone like Cisse, Kewell who arrive on a large salary and do next to nothing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

supersarsfields

Yeah their alright. Is there much of a change?

PS Gab just saw ya on one of my mates bebo pages by chance there.

corn02

They did not exactly get creative did they? While I like the old-fashioned style and plainess of it, it is another example of commercialsm gone mad were someone forks out £40 each year for a new, slighlty altered kit.

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Billys Boots

QuoteBjorn Tore Kvarme

Hey AZ, what about the current (??) manager of IK Start?  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Good old Stig Inge Bjornebye. (Whatever about quality, we'd be brilliant at Scrabble Premiership :D)

EC Unique

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 25, 2008, 03:55:15 PM
what do we think of the new kit?

Don't see much difference :-\ It is still the arch enemy :D :D

AZOffaly

It looks quite similar to the 85-86 Double jersey, without the yellow in the trim.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 25, 2008, 03:55:15 PM
what do we think of the new kit?

Pretty good. Nice and simple anyway which is the best way. Wish they would go back to the classic Liverbird crest though or at least a modern version of it.

J70

I like it too. Nice and plain is the way to go.

I think they've gone back to the gray for the away strip. Quite brave after United's experience at The Dell that time!