The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Mascherano permanent deal has been signed

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 31, 2008, 06:45:21 PM
I'd nearly bet that Liverpool will finish in the top 4 come the end of the season. All the other clubs around them are too inconsistent imo.

Very probable. Liverpool just can't continue to play this badly until the end of the season and Everton, Villa and Man City are drawing games at the moment rather than winning them which means they aren't opening up any kind of gap while we are in a slump. Certainly though we have to pull out of this slump in form soon or we could be in real bother.

Mascherano signed permanently for 18.6 million. A bit overpriced IMO but that's the going rate for players like that these days you only have to look at Carrick, Hargreaves, etc.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magickingdom on January 31, 2008, 07:44:18 PM
it would be fantastic if the share purchase scheme could come off, as gabriel said it works well for barcelona. imagine the fun and games when elections come around every year!! green bay in the nfl are also owned by their fan base to the best of my knowledge..

The share idea is a great one but I can't see it working. Expecting 100,000 people to stump up £5,000 is asking a lot. £5000 is a lot of money for many people. Maybe if there was a sliding scale of investment instead such as £5,000, £3,000 or £1,000 it could attract in more punters.

heganboy

I think it has a shot at working, 5k is certainly out of reach for a lot of people, but there are plenty of prawn sandwich eaters who would happily buy the share to vote mischievously, one in particular has already phoned me to let me know of his plan....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Silky

The share idea is a good one and I will support it but not with €5,000.  I see a couple of problems with it though.

1) Hick & Gillette don't want to sell.
2) €500m will not be near enough the price they would want even if they did want to sell. They'll expect closer to 800m
3) I'm Liverpool daft but if I told my GF that we couldn't go on holiday because I was buying a share of the reds she'd be gone.

It works at Barca because they did it many years ago. They couldn't do it now. It could work well for a non league team or in the FAI league but not for a club on the scale of Liverpool.

This could have been done years ago. We're always too slow to catch on to change. Look at the stadium - we're trying to build a new one long after everybody else and prices have gone through the roof. 

I have a mate who is an engineer and he was saying there won't be enough professionals about to build the fecking think if we don't get a fecking move on. It's because of the London olympics apparently.

stiffler

Its five thousand sterling i think silky.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

under the bar

QuoteIt could work well for a non league team......

you are headin the right direction...so never say never!   ;)

magpie seanie

The Manchester United equivalent (which was previously mocked repeatedly by Liverpool fans) has 32,000 members and has long been campaigning for supporter ownership of clubs. To answer AZ's question about where would the extra money come from for transfers let me give an example. If Manchester United were a supporter owned organisation tomorrow then the £70M that the Glazers spent on thier loans last year would have been available for transfers. Now obviously Manchester United is a much bigger club financially but that hints at the benefits.

As for the practicality of it - well it would be difficult as many have posted here. Difficult, but not impossible. Loans would have to be taken and while these would impact profits it would be nothing like the drain at United at present. Liverpool supporters could do this first as their club would be a lot chepaer to buy than United.

The Real Laoislad

Same auld shite different game....

20mins gone
0-0
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Silky

Hard to watch. I actually turned over to the rugby when I heard Wales were beating England.

Square Ball

is it that bad?

On the BBC site it said there was the odd boo at half time?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on February 02, 2008, 06:28:37 PM
is it that bad?

On the BBC site it said there was the odd boo at half time?

Its effin awful Square Ball..
I just can't figure out what is wrong with the Pool i haven't seen them as bad in a long time...And it's not even todays game its been like this for months
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lecale2

It looks like Liverpool are waiting for Sunderland to score an own goal.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.