The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

The whole Rafa v Yanks story certainly galvanised the fans and made for a very noisy atmosphere, which should have spurred the team on if anything.  Gerrard's comments are a shit excuse really, every Liverpool player is paid a vast amount of money to go out and do a job for 90 mins or less on the pitch, if you are less committed or not concentrating on the game because the fans are agitated about some doomsday scenario whereby the manager might leave(as if they all haven't played under countless managers anyway) then you shouldn't be playing sport at the top level.

Norf Tyrone

Just heard there that Havant and Waterlooville have turned down Liverpool's request to keep all of Saturday's gate receipts.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ExiledGael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 22, 2008, 06:42:39 PM
Just heard there that Havant and Waterlooville have turned down Liverpool's request to keep all of Saturday's gate receipts.
:D

Silky

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 22, 2008, 06:42:39 PM

:D :D

corn02

I was athe game last night and came away obviously very deflated and dissapointed.

Villa were terrible, simple as. I thought they were brutal and only a three minute 'crazy' period changed the outcome of the match. Liverpool dominated the whole match but once again our problem of not extending a lead became our downfall. When United, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Chelsea go one up they have the conviction and threat to find the second and kill the game off, we do not.

For all our domination I think we achieved four shots on target and something like 10 off. The nost frustarting thing about last night was the amount of times Yossi or Kewell beat a man on the edge of the box and instead of having a shot, decided to pick out a man. Another problem we have had over the last few years is our inability to deliver good crosses from corners. No team is as bad as Liverpool when it comes to not beating the first man.

Of the players last night. Torres, Kuyt, Kewell, Gerrard, Aurelio were all very, very poor.
Mascherano was absolutely brilliant and at when people rate Hargreaves ahead of him I have to laugh in disbelief, the man is a class act and once again proved it last night, despite his usual discipline problem. Hyypia was man of the match by a country mile. One of his best performances in a red shirt.

As a squad we are still some way off the top three. Of the 11 that started last night I would put eight down as players who could be part of a premiership winning squad the three I have left out are Yossi, Kuyt and Kewell.

Skertl looked decent when he came on but that was when we were pushing for a win, Crouch is incredibly under used. I am a big Rafa fam but that is crazy.

The atmosphere last night was excellent but eerie. The chants were loud for Rafa and the anti- American songs were loud and clear. Of course there is no guarantee that the DIC men will be our saviour.

Depressing time, I still fancy us in Europe.

magpie seanie

QuoteIf he lost a bit of the triumphalist and patronizing tone

You have a point here, granted. But sure its all part of the craic!

new devil

If united were falling apart and 14 points behind liverpool i am sure none of yous would be on the united thread gloating

full back

Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2008, 09:52:27 PM

Jaysus corn, I would have had you for a brave knowledgable chap

bingobus

Quote from: full back on January 23, 2008, 04:46:37 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 22, 2008, 09:52:27 PM

Jaysus corn, I would have had you for a brave knowledgable chap

Well, we won it with worse in recent times - Traroe has one of those shiny CL medals, so does Dudek, so does, Josemi, so does Baros, Cisse, Garcia etc etc etc.

full back

Hyypia, Riise, Benayoun, Kuyt, Sissoko, Voronin, Kewell (again)

Not many worse than these at the minute.....

bingobus

Quote from: full back on January 23, 2008, 05:27:57 PM

Well time will tell and history says no matter how many crap players we have, we can still be optimistic about reaching a CL final. Rafa 2 finals out of 3 attempts, 1 win. Slur Alex 1 final out of 20 odd??, 1 win. Statistically we have a better probability of getting there  ;D  ;D

full back

Lets hope you do very well & enjoy it this year bingo as the way things are going you wont be in it next year ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: full back on January 23, 2008, 05:27:57 PM

Is Benayoun that bad?

Only seem Liverpool a few times this season but when I did he looked fairly lively.
Ask me holy bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

Benayoun been bad has he??? 7 goals in 27 games this season. He's done a job - I didn't rate him much at the beginning - but he's well worth what was paid for him.

full back

Dont rate him at all & it shows how standards at Liverpool have fallen both among the fans & on the pitch.
A club with the tradition of Liverpool should not be signing players of his standard IMHO