The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

QuoteThat's all we need. Another average player.

Maybe Rafa wants people with experience of winning the premiership in his squad?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Over the Bar

QuoteMaybe Rafa wants people with experience of winning the premiership in his squad?

He can have Wes Brown if he likes....

mackers

Good man Minder, have a dig at the player who actually created our only goal, certainly Torres finished well but only for Finnan getting in behind the defence it wouldn't have been scored. Very disappointinmg result and Premier League is gone for the season.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Minder

Quote from: mackers on January 03, 2008, 10:26:58 AM
Good man Minder, have a dig at the player who actually created our only goal, certainly Torres finished well but only for Finnan getting in behind the defence it wouldn't have been scored. Very disappointinmg result and Premier League is gone for the season.

I am giving my judgement, not solely on last night. He is one of the calibre of players we need to jettison if we are ever to reach the level of United and win the league. He just isnt good enough, now of course there will be one off games where he performs well (Nou Camp last year) for example.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Steve Finnan is one of the least of our worries. One of the best RB's in the league and is always well up there when it comes to assists every season.

Only problem is he's 32 in a few months so probably doesn't have too many years left.

Mentalman

Yep, all over for another year. The drought is approaching Utd's now, with them only two league trophies back. After West Ham turned over Utd. I thought Liverpool might get back in the race but they couldn't take the opportunities handed to them, no one to blame but themselves, just not the character in the squad and the gaffer still hasn't come to terms with English football. Rafa will surely be gone, the summer at the latest, unless he pulls off another miracle and wins the chumps league. Begs the question as to whether the Yanks will back him at all in January?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Declan

Got this From a bloke that posts a lot on liverpool forums...

I have heard that the Echo and 1 national have a massive story about the club and its not a good 1 by all accounts by are having to hold back for now for legal reasons!I think its about Gillet and Hicks and their debt loan.

Things not looking good on the red side of the mersey. I was at the Man City game and they were shocking. Torres missed a couple of sitters and faded and Gerrard disappeared the longer the game went on. How Harry Kewell continues to get a game is beyond me

Minder

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2008, 01:17:04 PM

I am giving my judgement, not solely on last night. He is one of the calibre of players we need to jettison if we are ever to reach the level of United and win the league. He just isnt good enough, now of course there will be one off games where he performs well (Nou Camp last year) for example.

Sorry mate but i have never heard so much brown talked in my life.  Steve Finnan consistently performs well in a Liverpool jersey, what more do you want from a right back???  Name me a right back in the premiership who is better than him??  
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Minder

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 03, 2008, 01:48:27 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2008, 01:17:04 PM

Sorry mate but i have never heard so much brown talked in my life.  Steve Finnan consistently performs well in a Liverpool jersey, what more do you want from a right back???  Name me a right back in the premiership who is better than him??  

Eboue.

DirtyDozen12

He is playing out on the right wing more at the moment, Sagna is right back for Arsenal  8)
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Declan

QuoteNice and vague there Declan.

Only passing on the mail I got Minder.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Declan on January 03, 2008, 01:44:45 PM
I think its about Gillet and Hicks and their debt loan.

The more I think about Dumb and Dumber the more I despair!!

They wouldn't know a sawker ball if it cracked off their scons!  They do know about making money, which is precisely what they did after forcing Rafa to recoup upto £20m (including getting rid of Garcia, which was madness when you look at Veronin) before even considering splashing any cash on Torres.  Oh and the small matter of the Champions League final and prize money for finishing in the top 4 in the prem etc.  Nevermind the prize money already accumulated for this years Champions league........

then according to the Daily Telegraph, Rafa must get rid of Riise, Sissoko and Kewell just to pay for Mascherano!!! - then we have the stadium debacle! It has to be re-designed because of the weak dollar?!!? Do me a favour!  What next??

Oh and another thing.  I wish they wouldn't go running to the media every time they get their knickers in a twist over Rafa's pigeon English!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minder

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on January 03, 2008, 02:01:40 PM
He is playing out on the right wing more at the moment, Sagna is right back for Arsenal  8)

I know that but he has played the majority of his time at Arsenal as a right back, he is fast, athletic and good going forward.

mackers

Minder, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're on a loser here, Finnan is one of the more consistent performers and indeed, with all the talk of the rotation policy, he was one of the few players not to be rotated up to his injury.
Chrisowc, I would gladly sacrifice the players you have listed to keep Mascherano!
One phrase sums up Momo for me, "his second touch is always a tackle".
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.