The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on November 06, 2007, 10:02:39 PM
Could be too little too late though.

Both Marseillles and Porto would be expected to beat Besiktas, which would put them on 11 and 10 points respectively. I presume its head-to-head match-up tie breakers, so even if Liverpool beat both, they'll probably have to win by 2 in Marseilles, which is far from a certainty.

Is it not goal difference that would decide  it if Liverpool and Marseilles  both finish on 10points
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Both Marseillles and Porto would be expected to beat Besiktas, which would put them on 11 and 10 points respectively. I presume its head-to-head match-up tie breakers, so even if Liverpool beat both, they'll probably have to win by 2 in Marseilles, which is far from a certainty.

Well Marseille still have to go to Besiktas and the Turks are a different proposition on their own turf.

But surely even a 1-0 win would do Liverpool in Marseille as then the head to head would be 1-1 so it would go down to goal difference and Liverpool's is now way better.

Have to beat Porto first of course.

The Real Laoislad

I was flicking over every now and then too see how Celtic were doing and everytime i went back to Liverpool match i had missed a goal
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Good to see a more rounded performance for a change. Better Tempo in midfield and full backs who pushed on and got goos early ball in from the right type of positions. An early goal makes such a difference. Hopefully we can push on now and put a good run of wins together.

Dunphy was his usual negative self, reckons that there was nothing that Liverpool could take from the game!! I know the turks was bad but a 8-0 rarely happens at any level. His funniest comment (cause thats what he is, a clown) was something along the lines that Liverpool done to the turks what Arsenal did to Liverpool a few weeks back!!! 8-0 = 1-1  :o They may have played the better football but we weren't embaressed and could have easily won it.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 04, 2007, 06:47:17 PM
Liverpool for all their spending are still not much more than a team thats good at grinding out a 0-0.

Grinded out a 8-0 tonight... ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

hitzelsperger

we could gather up 11 from the gaaboard tonight that would probably have put 5 past that besiktas side ...never seen worse!

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 06, 2007, 10:07:59 PM

Well Marseille still have to go to Besiktas and the Turks are a different proposition on their own turf.

But surely even a 1-0 win would do Liverpool in Marseille as then the head to head would be 1-1 so it would go down to goal difference and Liverpool's is now way better.

Have to beat Porto first of course.

I thought that through well, didn't I! :-[

Over the Bar

In all seriousness what does it say about a team when it takes all sorts of threats by the manager thru the media to get a performance out of them?     Teams need to be self-motivated to mount a sustained title challenge and that Liverpool team ain't got it. 

Balboa

Good result but there has to be an asterix beside that result. It also begs the question, how the fcuk did they beat us in Turkey? I actually was expecting to see Stephen "Talking through my nose" Watson there because they were like an Irish League team. Hopefully the goals will instill a bit more belief in Babel, i wouldnt be as quick to put the boot into him as some on here, he is young, coming from a different country and will need a while to settle. As for Riise.......did anyone see him doing the old Siisoko trick from last year, nobody near him and hoofing the ball straight up into the air. Need to transfer some of that goalscoring to the League now starting with the Northern Ireland Select XI on Saturday.

The Real Laoislad

No doubt he will change team again tomorrow..
Any news on Torres?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

Played well.  Torres was just that bit of class we needed up front.  In 20 ish minutes showed exactly why we payed so much money for him.  Thought that Hyppia played well tonight along with Babbel when he came on.  Feel that he is beginning to get used to the physicality of the premiership and he can hopefully begin to push on from here. Again bringing Lucas on was also another good move.  Looks like he could be a player.
We need to use this as a springboard for the rest of the season and need to get another 9 points out of our next 3 games before we meet the Scum
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

J70

Definitely an improvement on recent form, although it looked like they wouldn't get the first goal for a while. Excellent goal out of nothing from Torres. Hopefully he'll stay fit. Voronin was impressive again today. He's definitely more creative than Kuyt, even if he gives the odd ball away.

FermGael

Agree with you about Vorinin.  Think that he and Torres could make a really good combination with Torres as an out and out striker and Vorinin playing off him. See as well that Liverpool and Villa seemed to have agreed a 8m+ deal for Scott Carson.  Pity because i think he is a good keeper who never really did anything wrong and has never got a chance. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

bingobus

At the start of the season, Torres and Voronin appeared quite dangerous together and it could be the future. Crouch is a great option to have imho as an impact sub but could also work with Torres.

Torres is pure quality and we need him fit. Could have had 2 in his 20 min spell.

Fermgael, Carson prob unlucky to have Reina in front of him. Can have his moments but I think he is the best keeper we've had since Ray Clemence. His poistioing and quickness of the line is so important when you consider the lack of pace at the back without Agger.

J70

Lucky enough with the penalty today, as the contact was definitely just outside the box. Looked a certain penalty in real time though, so I suppose you can't condemn the ref too much (if you were so inclined! :P). I hope those who made arses out of themselves after the Chelsea game remember it the next time one goes against Liverpool.