The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2007, 02:33:34 PM
Its all very well to say we're not pushed about the Champions League and would prefer the league, but as you then say, you can't just switch it on and off depending on the competition. If the team was playing as it should, keeping up in the league AND quickly accumulating the necessary points to get out of the group should not be a problem. If they don't find form quickly, they could be out of the running in both, very soon.

I'm not saying I'm not pushed about the CL. Memories of Istanbul - ah, the endorphins are lifting my weary spirit aleady - make sure of that. I'm saying that if we lost last weekend and won in midweek, I'd have been more annoyed than with what happened.

I agree with the lot of what you say. I need to lie down . . .

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 04, 2007, 09:39:18 AM
Tuned in for a few minutes near the end and maybe I'll have to accept you guys are right about the great Anfield Euro nights atmosphere. The fans never stopped singing and made great noise. Funny how they were all wearing that light blue and white strip - must be a new away strip or something.

and sure what the fcuk would a Manchester United supporter know about experiencing a good nights atmosphere at a European game?

spiritof91and94

I had the pleasure of being in Liverpool on Wednesday and got taken to the game by a client - very poor performance and the euro atmosphere really was a let down!

Stayed in The Radisson and spent the late night with the Marseille team - Cisse and Zenden were really good to all the fans and Lou macari was there celebrating Celtic's Win - great night!!!!!!

mackers

I think Wednesday night proved that, despite what Jaimie Redknapp and the boys think, Steven Gerrard's best position is NOT central midfield. We were completely over-run in midfield, I know Momo was crap, but so was Stevie. Either play him on the right wing or in behind a lone striker, but he can't do the nuts and bolts of central midfielder's job. he's a great player but NOT a great central midfield player.
Any updates on when Alonso is due back?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Balboa

Quote from: mackers on October 05, 2007, 10:31:29 AM
I think Wednesday night proved that, despite what Jaimie Redknapp and the boys think, Steven Gerrard's best position is NOT central midfield. We were completely over-run in midfield, I know Momo was crap, but so was Stevie. Either play him on the right wing or in behind a lone striker, but he can't do the nuts and bolts of central midfielder's job. he's a great player but NOT a great central midfield player.
Any updates on when Alonso is due back?

Gerrard has been playing like a pub player the last few games, people say Alonso hasnt been at his best the last 18 months but there is a huge drop off when he is not playing. His control of the game & passing is what is being missed at the minute,its all very hurried without him, Sissoko couldnt pass water and Gerrard is always looking for the killer ball each time he gets it. Alonso will be out for another month i think.

magpie seanie

Quoteand sure what the fcuk would a Manchester United supporter know about experiencing a good nights atmosphere at a European game?

:D

Just exploding a myth.

Hound

The simple reason as to why Liverpool did not beat Marseilles was they underestimated them. The manager by gambling on Leto and the players by not getting stuck in. Gerrard looked totally uninterested, and is it a coincidence that Liverpool's best three performances this season came when he was injured?

Crouch isnt good enough to start for Liverpool, never has been, never will be. He should be on the bench for European games and in the stand for league games.

Pressure is now on in Europe. Still no reason Liverpool shouldnt win their remaining 4 games, so long as the attitude is correct.

Big game v Spurs on Sunday. The return of Mascherano will be a big plus, and no doubt they'll play with a bit of passion this time. I'd play Torres and Voronin up front.

mackers

Quote from: Hound on October 05, 2007, 01:46:35 PM
The simple reason as to why Liverpool did not beat Marseilles was they underestimated them. The manager by gambling on Leto and the players by not getting stuck in. Gerrard looked totally uninterested, and is it a coincidence that Liverpool's best three performances this season came when he was injured?

Crouch isnt good enough to start for Liverpool, never has been, never will be. He should be on the bench for European games and in the stand for league games.

Pressure is now on in Europe. Still no reason Liverpool shouldnt win their remaining 4 games, so long as the attitude is correct.

Big game v Spurs on Sunday. The return of Mascherano will be a big plus, and no doubt they'll play with a bit of passion this time. I'd play Torres and Voronin up front.

I was thinking the exact same thing. He's a great player but the whole team does not revolve round him.
Not sure about the "not interested" theory though, if it was a one off performance I would agree with you, but they have not played a decent game of football since the international break and Aysteran (sp.?) leaving.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Hound

Glad to see Torres and Voronin up front, with Crouch and Sissoko dropped from the squad.
But the team needs to put in a big performance to get back on track.

Gabriel_Hurl

Rafa's selection plays wonder again

The Ponytail scores

ExiledGael

Robbie Keane 1-1 on the stroke of half time

Uladh

ExiledGael

Don't think so, couldn't get it anywhere

Uladh

2-1 to spurs. oops.

send for the robot...