The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Thinking this might be (relatively) easy one for the Reds, I made the mistake of following it on Soccer Sat . . ., sorry, Gillette Soccer Saturday. Every oooh and aaah from the Greek chorus watching the games knocked a few days off my life expectancy.

J70

Liverpool have a tough month ahead of them in the league:

Spurs (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h) and Blackburn (a)

Over the Bar

QuoteLiverpool have a tough month ahead of them in the league:

My prediction:

Spurs - win

Everton - win

Arsenal - draw

Blackburn - lose

Goin Down

Quote from: J70 on September 29, 2007, 08:21:31 PM
Liverpool have a tough month ahead of them in the league:

Spurs (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h) and Blackburn (a)

The last 3 are, but I wouldnt call Spurs at Anfield tough at this moment in time.

I Predict:

Spurs - Win

Everton - Lose

Arsenal - Lose

Blackburn - Win
Remember This.

Square Ball

Way to go Stevie, run that wee lad over...

Only jokeing, thing is that he has visited the child in question, who happens to be a United supporter, in hospital and stayed there for a few hours, he brought him a signed England shirt and a pair of Rooneys boots :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

deiseach

corn02

I see there was a bit of crowd trouble on Saturday, Wigan fans reacted badly to Liverpool fans when they celebrated the winner. Once again shows how well behaved GAA fans (most of the time) are to their soccer counterparts.

GalwayBayBoy

Another kid in.

Benitez beats Real to 'new Messi'

20070929 13:59

Liverpool have signed a 16-year-old Argentinian prospect from Real Madrid - who is being dubbed the 'new Leonel Messi'.
Rafael Benitez has swooped to capture the schoolboy star from the Spanish giants, taking advantage of the same loophole in junior contracts that enabled Arsenal to snap up Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.

Gerardo Bruna will arrive at Anfield on a three-year deal, carrying a big reputation after dazzling performances in midfield for the Real Madrid youth set-up.
Spanish newspaper AS reports the deal today as a major blow for the Madrid club who had likened his talent to that of Messi.
Bruna is half Spanish and has an EU passport which means he won't need a work permit to play in England

Gabriel_Hurl

Peter Crouch returns to the Liverpool side to partner Fernando Torres up front against Marseille.
Sebastian Leto also makes Rafa Benitez's starting XI, while for the visitors Djibril Cisse has to settle for a place on the bench.

However, Bolo Zenden will line up against his former teammates.

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Finnan, Aurelio, Carragher, Hyypia, Sissoko, Gerrard, Benayoun, Leto, Torres, Crouch. Subs: Riise, Voronin, Arbeloa, Kuyt, Babel, Itandje, Mascherano.

supersarsfields

Is this on any tv or live on the net at all?

Balboa

Benitez is going to rotate himself out of a job........

bingobus

Rotation had nothing do with it. Just a bad display from a team that don't seem confident enough to play or pass the ball. Gerard way off his game, Momo played like a Traroe in midfield, no natural width and just a very bad day at office that has been building over the last few games.

Rotation my arse...good players can play well with each regardless of if they never met before, these players train day in day out, they know how to pass to each other and how to run for each other. Rotate up Andy Grays arse for all I care.

On a side note, if going out of group stages gives a better run at league title lets go all out and lose the rest of the group games and avoid the UEFA cup.

Balboa

So you think that was the strongest available team Bingobus?

Gabriel_Hurl

Can we get the sniper from Parkhead down to do a job on Sissoko at Anfield?

bingobus

Bar Leto on the wing it was a very strong team.

Who was to come in? Mashercano..quality player but is Siisoko miles worse. Normally not. Babel hasn't done anything of note apart from goal against Derby while Benayoun has eanred a place after his half hour at the weekend.

Crouch is an England International and should be able to trouble a second rate French side.

Only replacing Leto would have strenghted the team to any great extent with Riise, who was equally bad against Wigan at weekend? Babel- see above?

This display was on the cards - we've been bad V Porto, Birmingham and Wigan. This display was on the cards and hopefully will be a kick in arse.