2009 Grand Slam Champions

Started by Dinny Breen, January 27, 2009, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: screenexile on February 25, 2009, 01:11:58 PM
Happy enough that we can beat that team this weekend. Ellis and Flood would be the only real worries for me. Our pack should be destroying England's which should give us a decent platform to win the game. Hope we can do the business!

Dont rate these pair of boys at all so quite happy to see them in the line up. Surprised Foden or Cipriani arent given a spot on the bench - I am a big fan of both them. The continued selection of Borthwick is bound to upset the English media before and after the game. Was reading over the weekend that in ball carries Borthwick was in negative figures.

johnneycool

Quote from: tyroneboi on February 25, 2009, 01:15:12 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 25, 2009, 01:11:58 PM
Happy enough that we can beat that team this weekend. Ellis and Flood would be the only real worries for me. Our pack should be destroying England's which should give us a decent platform to win the game. Hope we can do the business!

Dont rate these pair of boys at all so quite happy to see them in the line up. Surprised Foden or Cipriani arent given a spot on the bench - I am a big fan of both them. The continued selection of Borthwick is bound to upset the English media before and after the game. Was reading over the weekend that in ball carries Borthwick was in negative figures.

Not a great England team by any stretch But Ireland need a good start to get their fragile confidence weakened further.

TBH, I'd be happy if the Ireland scrum broke even as the England front row got them to a WC final in France. Borthwich seems to be under pressure in the English media for his place as he does give away a fair few penalties and doesn't seem to lead the pack at all. Mr Guscott certainly doesn't rate him.

expect Tindall to be careering into ROG and Pat Wallace at every opportunity and if the two lads do enough to get him slowed down and not break the gain line then the speedsters on the English wings shouldn't see a whole pile of ball.

ROG better get his kicking boots on as i think it'll be a narrow win for Ireland so every opportunity will need to be taken when it presents itself.

orangeman

The odds for this game are -

Ireland 2/5

England 11/4 even 3/1 in places

And the handicap is + or - 9 points.

England's price seems too big ?????????

thebandit

Quote from: FermGael on February 25, 2009, 12:31:09 PM
England team to face Ireland in Dublin on 28 February:

D Armitage; Sackey, Tindall, Flutey, Cueto; Flood, Ellis;
Sheridan, Mears, Vickery; Borthwick, Kennedy; Haskell, Worsley, Easter.
Replacements: Hartley, White, Croft, Narraway, Care, Goode, Tait.

Its hard to see how Cipriani, Ellis and Lewsey would not improve that team.

TORGAEL

thebandit

passedit

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 24, 2009, 01:59:24 PM
The Iveagh House???

Where does anyone reckon my best bet to see the Sigerson final around that neck of the woods is. The Scotland Italy game is on at the same time and i suspect most pubs will have their rugby heads on.
Don't Panic

AZOffaly

Anyone heading to the rugby? I'm heading up on my ownsome. Are ye pinting beforehands?

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: orangeman on February 25, 2009, 02:34:19 PM
The odds for this game are -

Ireland 2/5

England 11/4 even 3/1 in places

And the handicap is + or - 9 points.

England's price seems too big ?????????

Have to admit that although I hope we stick 50 points on the Brits, 3/1 is attractive.  I thought England did well against Wales.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

gerrykeegan

At a news conference in the lead-up to Saturday's Six Nations match with England here at Croke Park, O'Driscoll was asked about what it was like to play with and against England manager Martin Johnson.

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad,' he said to a backdrop of first bemusement and then roaring laughter from reporters.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

screenexile

Is the Wales France game on tonight? Anyone know why they're having a 6N game on a Friday night for a change? Don't ever remember this happening before. Would love to see the game only we've training on at that time and god knows what kind of condition I'll be in afterwards!

FermPundit

Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2009, 04:30:15 PM
Is the Wales France game on tonight? Anyone know why they're having a 6N game on a Friday night for a change? Don't ever remember this happening before. Would love to see the game only we've training on at that time and god knows what kind of condition I'll be in afterwards!

I think French TV wanted a 9pm kick off but the BBC didn't want such a late kick off on a Saturday night. After some discussions, they came to agreement to play the game on a Friday night game.

Superb try by Lee Byrne. If he continues to finish like that, the full back spot on the Lions team is his, if it isn't already.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Tony Baloney

Think the ref isn't doing the French any favours even with the home crowd at his back.

FermPundit

The French are looking pretty strong .This will test the character of Wales now.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

mountainboii

Any chance this muppet on BBC will stop calling Heymans 'Vincent Clerc', even when Heymans is scoring tries!?  :o ::)