Roscommon v Offaly 1st Feb

Started by GAA_Punter, January 27, 2009, 09:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

Fergy O'Donnell seems to have brought a bit of pride back into the jersey for the Roscommon players , there win over Mayo and there loss in extra time to Galway appear decent performances . They have been scoring freely but as usual the defence look very weak .

Gotta say i don't know much about how Offaly are going but there were horrible against Dublin . Anyone know did they play any challenge match last weekend and how did they preform ?

Roscommon 4/6
Draw 8/1
Offaly 6/4

the Deel Rover

not a lot of debate on this thread  ;) i'll go for the rossies in this one
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Fill your boots on Roscommon. Offaly have been dire, and until they produce anything resembling a performance, I'll suspect the worst of them.

Rossie11

Ross are favorites based on FBD form.  I have no idea now good or bad Offaly are.
Games between the 2 are usually exciting high scoring affairs.
2003 qualifier was a cracker and 2 years ago in league when Offaly went to Division 4 on last day was also
a good game.
I would be hopeful we can start off with a win but more its hope than confidence after the last few years..

Azzurri

This game has been switched from Dr. Hyde Park to Kiltoom.

Hyde Park has been deemed unplayable following the recent rainfall.

RedandGreenSniper

Kiltoom will suit the Rossies even more. I've them in my accumulator, reckon they're bankers at 8/13
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Rossie11

It had made some rain the past 24hours. We could see plenty of lowscoring games where 1 mistake would be curtains.
I wouldnt go OTT with bets in these conditions.

harlechman

I am on Roscommon -1 at 4/5. Offaly will struggle for scores with Niall McNamee missing.

Rossie11

Tatler Jack

14 pts to 4 after 20 mins of 2nd half

16 to 7 final score

Rossfan

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 29, 2009, 01:01:17 PM
. Offaly have been dire,

They still are  :-\THey have the look of Div 4 stamped all over them.
We won (as did all of Connacht with one red/green exception  ;D there's always one) handily today but I never saw as bad an Offaly team in my 25+ years of going to football games
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossie11

Rossfan was Ciaran McManus left at full back for the whole game?
Surely he is wasted back there

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2009, 06:38:09 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 29, 2009, 01:01:17 PM
. Offaly have been dire,

They still are  :-\THey have the look of Div 4 stamped all over them.
We won (as did all of Connacht with one red/green exception  ;D there's always one) handily today but I never saw as bad an Offaly team in my 25+ years of going to football games

It's gone beyond anger and frustration into just a deep sense of sadness I'm afraid. We've had worse footballers who got better results simply because they were proud to wear that great jersey, and what it stood for.

Now this bunch are apparently on a mission to make it stand for swanning around thinking you're a great fella, treating other teams with disrespect, when YOU are the poor relation, and rolling over for the big guns we used to relish playing.

Offaly are in big, big trouble, make no mistake about it.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossie11 on February 01, 2009, 07:36:55 PM

He was or at least around the full back line anyway.
Fergie has our lads looking like a team who have met each other before unlike the state we were in under Commdt Tan. We are organised,work hard and do simple things like backing up the man in possession and offering him options up ahead ....a bit like the 2006 minors. Now of course the older lads are not as talented as them and any of them coming through are only in their infancy at Senior level so methinks patience is the watchword.
But a good start and 2 points is two points so onwards and upwards.........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ryano

Quote from: Rossie11 on February 01, 2009, 07:36:55 PM
Surely he is wasted back there

Yep he spent the entire game at FB and to be honest he looked a little but lost at times and frustrated. Lucky not to have gotten a yellow card in the second half. Some very late tackles and a few niggly off the ball things. Did not look like a happy camper at all. Why is being played there anyway? Has he gotten too slow for midfield or forwards? Seemed like a waste of a very talented player and one they could have used around the middle as we cleaned them. Even if they had brought him out to the middle and had him stand in front of David Casey and stop him going forward for Ros. Offaly were very poor and disjointed for most of the match. They reminded me a lot of what Roscommon were like last season.