Would you want to win the Lotto?

Started by SidelineKick, January 06, 2009, 05:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 06, 2009, 11:08:11 PM
I never do the lottery but would love to win and know exactly what I'd do with the doe...

Firstly I'd hand over a big whack of a donation to the club
Invest in a business, although given the current climate I would probably put away for that
Treat the relatives (holidays, presents etc)
Commission the manufacture of a solid gold reaching stick (with adjustable claw)

As you don't do it your chances of winning are pretty slim I'd say :)

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2009, 11:27:18 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on January 06, 2009, 09:37:39 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2009, 06:00:17 PM
If I won something like the Euromillions €160 million or something like it I would love to buy a lower division soccer club in England and run it as a business...
How much is Leeds United worth at this stage? I'm sure I'd have change out of €5 million  :)
Would you not buy an Irish club instead of a British soccer team ?  ;)

Quote from: Tankie on January 06, 2009, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on January 06, 2009, 09:37:39 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2009, 06:00:17 PM
If I won something like the Euromillions €160 million or something like it I would love to buy a lower division soccer club in England and run it as a business...
How much is Leeds United worth at this stage? I'm sure I'd have change out of €5 million  :)
Would you not buy an Irish club instead of a British soccer team ?  ;)

Nah its all about bettering Britain and British sport for LL  ;)

As a business man it would make more sense to buy a English team..
Did Ronald not teach you anything about business in McDonald's training school,or did they just show you how to flip the burgers?
The old saying "How do you make a small fortune in football? Start off with a large one . " Springs to mind .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

rosnarun

it would be the ultimate abandonment of hope to not want to win it. and not wanting to give up/change your job isnt far behind it
not the same thing as thinking only eejets play it

Personally i'd like to win as much as possible €160 million was mentioed that would do for a start and id spend the rest of my possibly shortened life trying to blow it . without buying anything concrete(remember Brewsters millions)
I have it start a rebel kerry packer style GPA professional league im sure  that get rid of it quick enough
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

The Gs Man

Have to laugh at the people who say "Nah, not doing the Lotto this week.  It's only £2 million.  I only do it when it's a Rollover."

:D
Keep 'er lit

mannix

fella in florida wins 11 million on the lottery, has it all blown on people and cars,houses that said people helped take off him, does another lottery and wins 87 million.
lucky or what?

I personally have the philosophy that we all get lucky in  different ways, i should be dead times over, my winning ticket was given to me those times. A chance not taken there or a missed car ride there has been my lottery.

full back

I may sound like a greedy b4stard but this is my take on it anyway

If picking numbers for the lottery I always do numbers over 31.
A lot of people pick numbers in the lottery based on birthdays etc.
Im only going to win the lottery the once (unless Im like that fcuker from Florida) , so when I do win it I dont want to be splitting the f**king thing

SidelineKick

There is an unbelievable amount of people who do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 each week.  There is just as much likelihood of that comin up as any others but you'd be sharing it with alot of people.

My granda won £200,000 last year with 5 numbers and bonus on Luck 49s in bookies with numbers like 44,45,46,47,48,49, ridiculous. There was def 5 in a row like that maybe not the 6th tho.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Minder

I remember i used to do the lottery and my Granny used to ask me what numbers i did, when i showed her she said "you will never win with those numbers"....... :(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SidelineKick

Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2009, 10:19:08 AM
I remember i used to do the lottery and my Granny used to ask me what numbers i did, when i showed her she said "you will never win with those numbers"....... :(

Let me guess 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 and 55?

Reported.

sail_in

The Lottery is a tax on people that are bad at maths.

(Can't remember who said that)

Minder

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 07, 2009, 10:26:52 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2009, 10:19:08 AM

Let me guess 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 and 55?

;D  ;D No i think i managed to just do the numbers on the Lottery ticket, got 4 numbers last month - £82........boy did i need it. First time i have ever won a penny on it, dont do it that often though. (The lottery that is)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

StGallsGAA

If I won the lotto I would take the "no publicity" option.   I'd tell no-one apart from my immediate family and just claim to have made a killing on the stockmarket/property deals.  That way you'd avoid spongers.

Hardy

Businessman wins the lottery. Comes in to work next morning, the secretary says "Congratulations - wonderful news - delighted. I was just wondering - what will I do with the begging letters?"

"Oh keep sending them out", he says.

ziggysego

Did the English Lotto a few years ago and all the Irish numbers came up. Was gutted :'(
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: ziggysego on January 07, 2009, 11:45:13 AM
Did the English Lotto a few years ago and all the Irish numbers came up. Was gutted :'(

All 6 Ziggy you serious?!

Reported.