iphone applications

Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

The livescore app is an absolute must for any football fan. Especially if you like a wee gamble.

Just got the racing post one too which looks quite good. Both free

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on March 20, 2010, 10:19:57 AM
The livescore app is an absolute must for any football fan. Especially if you like a wee gamble.

Just got the racing post one too which looks quite good. Both free

Aye the Livescore one is updated almost instantly, the Sky Sports one can be about 5 minutes behind sometimes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Oh and the ivideo player is handy as i've only got a 3g. Does the job and was only 59p I think.

Tony Baloney

ONeill

I've had TalkingCarl on it for a few months now. If ever bored, or the childer are annoying you, it's handy. You can even tickle him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dubai2000

anyone know how to create a group to send msg to? my old nokia, i could add people to a group and send the msg to the group

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on March 20, 2010, 08:48:14 PM
I've had TalkingCarl on it for a few months now. If ever bored, or the childer are annoying you, it's handy. You can even tickle him.

Downloaded this last night. Cute :)
Testing Accessibility

Mickey Linden

So to download an app do i just search for it? Hit download and thats it?

ziggysego

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 24, 2010, 04:24:52 PM
So to download an app do i just search for it? Hit download and thats it?

Have you got an iTunes account and is it set up on your iPhone?
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: take_yer_points on February 17, 2010, 10:29:50 AM
For any golfers out there there's an app called Golfshot GPS. Its expensive enough at about £20 but if you're jailbroken you can download a free version.

Its got 1000s of courses - I tried searching for a few courses round the north and all but one of those I searched for was on it. To request a course there's an option on the app and you simply take a picture of the scorecard and send it in and they'll add it to their database, I did this and the course was on it the following day.

For some courses they have GPS but not all - I haven't used it too much yet but you can use the GPS to get distance to the hole (not sure I'll use this at all).

As well as working out your handicap it works out your statistics - fairways hit, GIR, accuracy, etc... You can view this information on the app on your iPhone or go onto their website from your computer afterwards and view the scorecard for the round and view all your statistics from your previous rounds.

It also lets you keep scores for the round for up to 4 golfers - you just add in your mates and their scores per hole. However it won't calculate their handicap or statistics.

Like I said above, its a pretty good app for free on the jailbroken phone but £20 could be a bit steep for it.

I have my iphone Jailbroken,Where do i get this Golfshot app?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

Got the sky sports one last week. All sky sports channels and ESPN for 7 euro a month.
Great value. Even better if I can link it to a TV or PC to watch on bigger screen.
Anyone know if that is possible?

take_yer_points

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 29, 2010, 05:13:33 PM
For any golfers out there there's an app called Golfshot GPS. Its expensive enough at about £20 but if you're jailbroken you can download a free version.

Its got 1000s of courses - I tried searching for a few courses round the north and all but one of those I searched for was on it. To request a course there's an option on the app and you simply take a picture of the scorecard and send it in and they'll add it to their database, I did this and the course was on it the following day.

For some courses they have GPS but not all - I haven't used it too much yet but you can use the GPS to get distance to the hole (not sure I'll use this at all).

As well as working out your handicap it works out your statistics - fairways hit, GIR, accuracy, etc... You can view this information on the app on your iPhone or go onto their website from your computer afterwards and view the scorecard for the round and view all your statistics from your previous rounds.

It also lets you keep scores for the round for up to 4 golfers - you just add in your mates and their scores per hole. However it won't calculate their handicap or statistics.

Like I said above, its a pretty good app for free on the jailbroken phone but £20 could be a bit steep for it.

The one i was using before was an older version that didn't do stableford point scoring but I've found a more recent version that does do that. Here ya go:

http://www.filestube.com/e7767e18243da14503ea,g/Golfshot-GPS-v1-4.html

Bensars

Quote from: Rossie11 on March 29, 2010, 08:37:25 PM
Got the sky sports one last week. All sky sports channels and ESPN for 7 euro a month.
Great value. Even better if I can link it to a TV or PC to watch on bigger screen.
Anyone know if that is possible?

It is possible but you need the specific apple  connector.Other imitation connectors will give volume only.About £35

Shrek

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 29, 2010, 05:13:33 PM

What did you jailbreak it with? - What Iphone & Firware is your phone.

I had mine broke a while back, havent been bothered  lately but might do it just to test out golfshot GPS.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Bensars on March 30, 2010, 09:40:23 AM
It is possible but you need the specific apple  connector.Other imitation connectors will give volume only.About £35

Diarmaid Marsden.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad