The Big Freeze ...

Started by cville, December 06, 2008, 11:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cville

Dunno about you, but the Henry Halls have been frozen off me for a week... And I cannot recall it so cold in December for at least 20 years. (Snow in October also). So .. are we due this long overdue feckin cold winter? A guy I know who is into pest control tells me that the rats have burrowed down very, very deep this year which is a sure sign of trouble. Anyhow, we need a 'hard winter' to sort out those wasps etc - at the end of the day it's a case of Global Warming me arse!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

mannix

The Real Laoislad

I love this weather,Its not that cold either btw...
Half of ye are in cosy little office's all week anyways,try working outside for most of the day and then I might listen to some of yer whinging...
Once it doesn't rain I'm happy with this weather!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leenie

are you mad ll?

this weather is shite.......

was at mass this morning thought i was going to freeze to death (no better place for it to happen)!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

I went last night leenie, so I wouldn't have to get up this morning at 8.30 for it. Lay in until 1pm ;)
Testing Accessibility

milltown row

I've the fire burning all week in the house, I've nearly went through 4 big bags of peat. Christmas tree up all very cosy. except for the match on tg4. should have showed deferred coverage of the Munster final

Tyrones own

Quote from: leenie on December 07, 2008, 04:22:16 PM
are you mad ll?

was at mass this morning thought i was going to freeze to death (no better place for it to happen)!

I was going to say if you'd put something on ye, ye wouldn't be cold but then i remembered
you just turned 27.... head scarfs and cardigans from here out  :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

leenie

modesty from here on in!

covered from head to toe and need to get the oul thermals
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: leenie on December 07, 2008, 04:22:16 PM
are you mad ll?

Nope I love it,I was up at 9am and the place was white with frost,There is a shop only two mins from my house but I walked to one at the other end of the town to get the sunday papers as it was such a nice fresh morning and perfect for a nice walk!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mountainboii

I'm with you LL, love this weather too. Much nicer than ould rainy miserable days.

Puckoon

Tyronelass

Hate this weather with a passion! Admit its lovely to look out at and might kill bugs/flu but thats it! Going anywhere in it is a nitemare with roads more like ice rinks.

Even walking to the car be lucky not to break my neck and seriously thinking of up-grading the car for a sleigh! and dont even get me started on people in work who live in the town beside nicely salted/ clear roads who complain about there drive way not actually being cleared for them/ having to defrost there car!

(I dont totally live in the sticks, just unfortunite to live in quite a high area)

End rant!

theskull1

Much better than grey and wet

as long as you travel on gritted roads to get to work
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera