Season Ticket: Tyrone - Harte and Soul

Started by never kickt a ball, December 01, 2008, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

i wish people would just acknowledge Tyrone is a bigger GAA county than Armagh, hence the success..though it took them long enough

cville

rosnarun

Quote from: ziggysego on December 02, 2008, 01:50:26 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2008, 09:24:28 AM
Yawn. An in depth analysis into why the cant be consistent for two consecutive seasons, and defeats to mediocrities like Laois and Meath in 2006 and 2007, would be more appropriate. GAA Dynasty my arse

1 in 7

or

3 in 6

I know which I like best.

But there is a point there . even this year tyrone looked far from a great team or even a good one what cause their massive fluctuation in form . i iised to put it down to ther retirement of canavan(peter not pascal)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

under the bar

Quotei wish people would just acknowledge Tyrone is a bigger GAA county than Armagh, hence the success..though it took them long enough

Yes Tyrone have a slightly higher population but that doesn't explain why Tyrone GAA boasts some of the greatest players ever to grace the game while Armagh haven't produced much beyond joe averages.  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: rosnarun on December 03, 2008, 12:31:10 AM
But there is a point there . even this year tyrone looked far from a great team or even a good one what cause their massive fluctuation in form . i iised to put it down to ther retirement of canavan(peter not pascal)

It's all about saving the best to last, i.e., peaking at exactly the right time -- you'll notice that the fluctuations had a general upwards curve as the Championship progressed. And missing Canavan or not, you can't do better than to win SAM.

Regarding a 'dynasty': I'd agree that that's a bit rich at this stage, but it relates more to winning the Senior and Minor in the one year, as opposed to the 3 out of 6, but it all helps  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Onion Bag

Quote from: under the bar on December 03, 2008, 09:01:36 AM
Quotei wish people would just acknowledge Tyrone is a bigger GAA county than Armagh, hence the success..though it took them long enough

Yes Tyrone have a slightly higher population but that doesn't explain why Tyrone GAA boasts some of the greatest players ever to grace the game while Armagh haven't produced much beyond joe averages.  ;)

There he goes again, having another pop @ Armagh, Think you really do have a problem UTB,

what would happen if you fell in love with an Armagh Woman, there would be some craic ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Donagh

I think the faceless people on anonymous Internet forums are going to get a pasting from the boul Mick tonight.

SidelineKick

Maybe he'll also mention all the Tyronies that called for his head after the Down game  ;)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Pangurban

Very insightful programme, which underlined the importance of proper structures. Tyrone are now where Down were in the sixties, a successful senior team, and a pool of talent emerging. The difference is that Down failed to develop structures and lacked the foresight and ambition which Tyrone are now displaying. No ones fault really, just a different time with less opportunities available. Tyrone will experience lean years in the future, just as Down will experience successful ones, but the solid foundations being established in Tyrone will ensure that they always be a force to be reckoned with. Another interesting contrast is the respect and veneration of Mickey Harte compared to the rather shabby treatment of Pete Mc Grath who delivered 2 A/is to the Mournes. Interestingly he shared many of Hartes personality streaks, quiet,introspective, and very loyal to his players. There are lessons there somewhere

ziggysego

Excellent programme. Really showed the bond and respect that Mickey and the lads have for each other, which has led to the great success over the recent years. It showed that didn't happen by accident, but worked upon by all. Management, Players, Backroom Team and County Board.

As Mickey says, it's not individual skills he wants, but the whole package.

10/10
Testing Accessibility

Mario

McHugh on sucking up after his comments earlier in the season, i hate that man. Mickey Harte can only be admired, not only his coaching ability but the character of the man.

Over the Bar

The kinda show that gives you that warm glow of pride...or is that just the black bush?  :P

orangeman

Quote from: Donagh on December 03, 2008, 06:05:33 PM
I think the faceless people on anonymous Internet forums are going to get a pasting from the boul Mick tonight.

Only the ones that had a dig !

give her dixie

Excellent programme tonight, and a good job done by Thomas O' Kane.
The future of football in Tyrone is looking good judging by the effort put into coaching underage teams.
Sucess breeds success, and if Mickey can stay in charge for another 5 to 10 years, there is no doubt Tyrone will win another few Sam's.
Mickey talked about the players been the complete package, however, the County set up is also the complete package.
They will be on some charge next year for back to back, and it seems to be their focus for '09.
Looking forward to next year........

next stop, September 10, for number 4......