Gaaboard Etiquette - Dos and Don'ts

Started by Frankie Boy, November 30, 2008, 03:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Why do you need to talk about riding at all? Does it make you feel like a man? Are you that insecure?
Have you no respect for women?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

This place is getting a bit like having your local invaded by feral adolescents and first year students OK - youngsters out of their parents' house for the first time, shouting and bawling all over the place, showing no respect for men, women or kids, jumping into other people's conversations, puking on the seats and you have to be careful where you step.

muppet

Quote from: Frankie Boy on November 30, 2008, 03:24:43 AM
First question - when you post a joke on the gaaboard, how do you inform other 'posters' that it is a joke:

Try making it funny.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on November 30, 2008, 05:59:15 PM
This place is getting a bit like having your local invaded by feral adolescents and first year students OK - youngsters out of their parents' house for the first time, shouting and bawling all over the place, showing no respect for men, women or kids, jumping into other people's conversations, puking on the seats and you have to be careful where you step.

Dont forget the married men with children who are behaving like adolescents.  

I have to admit I use to think talking about shagging made me sound like a man but I was about 16 at the time.

kickingmule

Some seriously insecure wee boys on this site ... but sure i suppose its good for ya   to come on here and  blow.... as 10 seconds is all you can manage when it matters. ;)

fitzroyalty

Some serious Victor Meldrews on this site... :o

I see all this talking about riding as a bit of craic, nothing more/less. Is that too hard for some to accept? I respect MOST women and like everyone am insecure about something or other..but not to the extent that I use "talking about riding"  on gaaboard as a means of enhancing my sense of masculinity. Seriously lads if I made some of you hi-intellects choke on your sherry I'm sorry, but for God's sake relax its a laugh, if you find it immature fair enough, if you don't find it funny just ignore it.

pintsofguinness

Treasurer

The number of threads that descend to the same old nonsense is getting ridiculous, not to mention boring.

maggie

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 30, 2008, 06:42:58 PM
Some serious Victor Meldrews on this site... :o

I see all this talking about riding as a bit of craic, nothing more/less.

Its just the fact that it keeps cropping up in every other thread (e.g. the x factor thread desends into a discussion about the 'pair' on Ruth) and yes some might say its lighthearted/a bitta craic etc etc.

But i like to think im as liberal as the next person and to me its the same dung being posted by the same people. 

leenie

could have a new thread .............

where you could vote some posters off

and if i was voted i'd take it on the chin and be all "lol...ha ha lol"
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

Quote from: leenie on November 30, 2008, 07:02:49 PM
could have a new thread .............

where you could vote some posters off

and if i was voted i'd take it on the chin and be all "lol...ha ha lol"

Good call leenie................................
Obv you'd be for the road lol lol lol lol lol lol lol hahahahahahahah

ziggysego

Hit the road Leenie and don't you come back, no more no more no more.
Testing Accessibility

fitzroyalty

Don't get me wrong its been brought to our attention in the last few days  the way in which themes of threads keep changing to the same topic and that it really irritates some members; but the manner in which some posters go about confronting people over it, hardly does much to persuade otherwise does it??

...i know who'd get my vote anyway LOL haha