All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Mayo4Sam

Tries to flick out a back pass & dropped in the forwards lap. 1-18 to 13, all over by the looks of it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

GalwayBayBoy

Portumna finally woke up in the 2nd half and got back in it but that blunder by the keeper probably ends it. Portumna made far too many errors today and just looked flat all day. Had 2 or 3 goal chances though but didn't take any of them.

Joe Canning is actually having a bigger influence on the game than Shefflin but not getting the same back-up.

imtommygunn

That;s the second backpass to the keper they've done. Hurling not a game you should be doing a backpass to keeper in and that's why!

johnneycool

Micheal O'Muircheartaigh reckons its all but over for Portumna, but now he's not so sure!!!

glens73

imtommygunn

Gees Canning is amazing at taking points.

They've more than one player. They've only one forward though. CHB doing reasonable on Shefflin, Lynch at midfield doing well and McEntee ain't bad.

glens73

Quote from: johnneycool on March 17, 2010, 03:12:42 PM
Micheal O'Muircheartaigh reckons its all but over for Portumna, but now he's not so sure!!!

Portumna will do well to win from here, Ballyhale are tagging over the odd point to keep a big enough gap

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: johnneycool on March 17, 2010, 03:12:42 PM

Without the Ballyhale goal I reckon it might have been a tight finish but that goal will be enough of a cushion.

imtommygunn

Goal killed it. Comeback was looking to be on.

Portuma only really have Canning who can be guaranteed to get points. Ballyhale have two Reids, Shefflin and Fitzpatrick weighing in with a few. Just too many outltes.

glens73

Ballyhale were definitely more up for it, their hounding from the first minute was akin to Kilkenny against Cork in the 2006 final.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: glens73 on March 17, 2010, 03:23:09 PM
Ballyhale were definitely more up for it, their hounding from the first minute was akin to Kilkenny against Cork in the 2006 final.

Hard for a team to keep going to the well and Port are on the road a long time now and have won so much. Ballyhale had all the motivation they needed after the last time they played. Just looked hungrier on the day.

glens73

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 17, 2010, 03:26:28 PM
Quote from: glens73 on March 17, 2010, 03:23:09 PM

Hard for a team to keep going to the well and Port are on the road a long time now and have won so much. Ballyhale had all the motivation they needed after the last time they played. Just looked hungrier on the day.

It certainly is for an amateur team, it also helped Ballyhale having more competitve games throughout their whole campaign

ardmhachaabu

Portuma's keeper lost that game for them by gifting the goal, I think the goal spurred Shamrocks on
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

glens73

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 17, 2010, 03:32:47 PM
Portumna's keeper lost that game for them by gifting the goal, I think the goal spurred Shamrocks on

Ballyhale were the better team anyway, the goal obviously helped, but I think they'd still have won