All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

Disappointing, hard to see any excitement coming into it now

Oraisteach

Big-time drubbing ata ann.  Looks like an U-14 team against Minors.  Hoping for a more competitive second half.

RedandGreenSniper

Disappointing as a contest alright but you cannot but admire Portumna's class. Should they and Crossmaglen win today I think we'll be witnessing the two best club teams in history in action.
I took Portumna at 5/1 to win by 16 points or more and looking decent for now. I'll feel sorry for DLS but I hope Portumna don't let their foot off the gas.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

INDIANA

will they bother coming out in the 2nd half?

slow corner back

You have to hand it to Potumna 3 all irelands in four years is some going and only a highly controversial Galway final stopped them the other year. Makes for a poor final but they are some team, hammered Birr last year Ballyhale this year and now DLS. Do they absolutely hammer everyone in Galway too?

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

Treasurer

3 mins into 2nd half 2 14 to 5 points

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Treasurer on March 17, 2009, 03:25:53 PM
3 mins into 2nd half 2 14 to 5 points

Appreciate that.  Going to try and get finished up at work soon and get to the bar for the main event  :D
In your Endo!

gallsman

Awesome performance. Best club team I've ever seen. Not only do they consistently beat everyone, they completely and utterly annihilate them. Would quite likely have been four in a row today if it wasn't for Loughrea going at them with chainsaws two years ago.

Bud Wiser

They didnt even pull second gear there for parts of the game.  Maybe it will be Galways year.
They might replace the captain with this fella:  http://current.com/items/89730764/longest_speech_ever_5_days_and_4_nights.htm
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

RedandGreenSniper

My bet came in, happy days ;D

Anyone capaple of stopping Portumna win three or four in a row?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Treasurer

Fair play to Portumna, made it look easy.

Here's hoping the football will be a bit more engaging!

longrunsthefox

jeez i feel sorry for John Mullane-that is two awful hammerings he has experienced in Croke Park in two All Ireland finals in less than six months

gallsman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 17, 2009, 05:55:30 PM
jeez i feel sorry for John Mullane-that is two awful hammerings he has experienced in Croke Park in two All Ireland finals in less than six months

I feel nothing for him, he was acting the bollox again today, after appearing to have matured somewhat last year. When it became clear the match was long over he resorted to throwing the hurl and screaming at the ref instead of trying to restore some pride for his team.