All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

paddy power have dropped the odds to 7/2 obviously the big punters are having a punt before Sunday. i think Cushendall will be better prepared and more mature than their last outing against Loughrea. providing the weather keeps and the wind doesn't make it a "game of two halves"  then the Dall will have a chance. not impressed with Parnell Park though, was their last year for the Antrim game and it cuts up easily.

theskull1

Parnell Park is a brutal pitch at this time of year. Surely a venue with a good winter pitch should have been a prerequisite. Mullingar would have been the better option
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Serge

Quote from: milltown row on February 18, 2009, 06:06:51 PM
paddy power have dropped the odds to 7/2 obviously the big punters are having a punt before Sunday. i think Cushendall will be better prepared and more mature than their last outing against Loughrea. providing the weather keeps and the wind doesn't make it a "game of two halves"  then the Dall will have a chance. not impressed with Parnell Park though, was their last year for the Antrim game and it cuts up easily.

Cushendall are now 3/1 with ladbrokes after being 13/2 a fortnight ago. That's some serious money - and indicates that regardless of the outcome, the bookies priced it wrong at the outset as it was always goin to be much tighter than the initial prices suggested.

Will be travelling with hope in my heart as ever and just hope our lads can finally get across the line.

youngfella

Pull hard and early

Croí na hÉireann

Gonna stop off in Thurles on the way back from a stag in Killarney for what should be a cracker of a match between Portumna & Ballyhale, will even hold off going at the porter on Sat in preparation... Will be heading back to the big smoke afterwards, suppose I am best off parking it in de town and walking out to de ground?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Sean3

It's been really built up to be a great game and we all know how that might turn out. Hopefully, it will be a cracker. I fancy Portumna. In the other game, I admit not to knowing all that much about Cushendall but De La Salle are definitely there for the taking if their Munster form is carried on.

bredaghgael86

Good luck to cushendall today.  Hopefully thy can stay focused and get themselves to the final.  Would be great to see.

Anyone know where i can watch it online. Would like to see it and i cant see a bar showing it over here! Cheers

Fear ón Srath Bán

Some game between Portumna and Ballyhale, not 10 minutes gone yet and it's 2-03 to 1-03 to Portumna. Explosive stuff.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

3-7 to 1-7 ht.cracker. like watching a county game.

thebuzz

Quote from: INDIANA on February 22, 2009, 03:09:55 PM
3-7 to 1-7 ht.cracker. like watching a county game.

It's better than any All Ireland final I ever saw involving a Kilkenny team. If Portumna start the second half the way they started the first they'll be hard to stop.

dodo

Cha and Henry quiet by their standards, very little space around the pitch. High octane stuff, TJ Reid showing well out the field. Great game.

Hope Portumna can finish the job now into the wind for the second half.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Portumna scrapping like tigers, can't see them losing this one. 5-8 to 1-8 in their favour.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

dodo

Portumna 5-09   Ballyhale 1-14
51 minutes

All Ballyhale now as Portumna are fading/trying to hold out

FermPundit

Cushendall 1-11 1-09 De La Salle latest score
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Midman

Couple of points by Portumna seem to have settled them again 5-11 to 1-15