21st celebrations

Started by achadh gallain, November 05, 2008, 02:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Treasurer on November 05, 2008, 05:57:55 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 05, 2008, 04:18:40 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 05, 2008, 03:54:02 PM
well lads and lassies im turnin 21 soon myself and am planning on going somewhere for a weekend..have already experienced the likes of prague, krakow, amsterdam etc and will probably be broke as its just after christmas, so im considering somewhere closer to home..any recommendations?

Kilkenny

What's the attraction for men with Kilkenny?  It's one of the few places where men seem to far outnumber women - I'm not complaining (obviously!) but why so? (There you go Ach G, there's the place for ya)

I never had any trouble with getting a woman in Kilkenny  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

maggie

well lads and lassies im turnin 21 soon myself and am planning on going somewhere for a weekend..have already experienced the likes of prague, krakow, amsterdam etc and will probably be broke as its just after christmas, so im considering somewhere closer to home..any recommendations?

Kilkenny

What's the attraction for men with Kilkenny?  It's one of the few places where men seem to far outnumber women - I'm not complaining (obviously!) but why so? (There you go Ach G, there's the place for ya)

Sounds like i need to move to Kilkenny  ;) ;)

fred the red

go to isle of man for a few days.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: youngfella on November 05, 2008, 04:53:45 PM

If you can afford it Liverpool and newscastle are deadly spots, and youll save a few quid on drink too

Newcastle is some spot I have great memories of the place,I'm not mad about the night life in Liverpool
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Treasurer

Quote from: maggie on November 05, 2008, 06:18:03 PM

Kilkenny

Sounds like i need to move to Kilkenny  ;) ;)

Oops, the secret is out now, the good days are over :)

leenie

don't mean to distract anyone from the main purpose of this thread..........
but does
anyone know a good spot to have a hen weekend
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

youngfella

Galway is a good, how about ripping it up in glasgow?
Pull hard and early

fred the red

Chester is a good spot, was over there a few yrs ago, good clean fun!

Treasurer

One of the best hens I was ever at was when we literally stuck a pin in a map and headed to small town in Galway.  When you head to the usual places like Kilkenny, Galway etc you can find yourself unwelcome in some places, but in this case we were the star attraction and treated like royalty!  Depends what you're after I guess.

The Aran Islands was good too.

Treasurer

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 05, 2008, 06:16:18 PM

Kilkenny

I never had any trouble with getting a woman in Kilkenny  :)

It's one of the friendliest places to meet people I think - bit like a bigger version of what the Garda Club in Dublin was years ago!

SidelineKick

Kilkenny

Its the hen party capital of Ireland!

Whats Castlebar like? Considering staying before the Derry and Mayo match next Feb.  Wanna book hotel and get it out of the way!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

leenie

i thought killkenny was meant to very very expensive.............. recession/credit crunch etc

i wouldn't wanna go somewhere full of english twats so i'd say the south of england is a no-no

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Treasurer on November 05, 2008, 06:25:52 PM
One of the best hens I was ever at was when we literally stuck a pin in a map and headed to small town in Galway.  When you head to the usual places like Kilkenny, Galway etc you can find yourself unwelcome in some places, but in this case we were the star attraction and treated like royalty!  Depends what you're after I guess.

The Aran Islands was good too.

Spent new years eve on Inis Oirr(sp) a few years ago,Great craic it was like going back in time,We had to walk home from the pub with only the light from our phones showing us the way..Also convinced we saw 3 ghosts,there was 3 people in front of us for a lot of the way but they disappeared just as we walked past the graveyard  :o Great craic was had though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Treasurer

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 05, 2008, 06:31:42 PM
it was like going back in time,We had to walk home from the pub with only the light from our phones showing us the way.

Nothing back in time about that where I live  :D