Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: johnpower on August 13, 2007, 10:20:52 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2007, 09:24:01 PM
i fancy Kerry solely on the basis that they can score alot of goals against use, wouldnt be suprised if be let in 3 goals! :'(

I see you boys are getting the hang of the cute hoorism . I did not see the Derry match so I wont comment until I see it . Both full back lines look shakey . Still by the time the media hype it up we will all be in a state

Jaysus they'll be wheeling them all out...and getting poor Paddy Cullen to do a reconstruction of the Sheehy chip.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gnevin

Ticket info: NO public sale for Dubs v Kerry

There will be no public sale of tickets from the Dublin County Board for the All-Ireland SFC semi-final against Kerry (Croke Park, August 26).

Dublin's allocation will be significantly cut from that received for the quarter-final victory over Derry and also for the Leinster campaign.

Dublin's entire allocation will be distributed to clubs as well as the Parnell Park annual ticket holders.

www.hill16.ie will not be engaging in any communication with individuals on the subject of ticket availability or allocation.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gnevin on August 14, 2007, 09:54:39 AM
Ticket info: NO public sale for Dubs v Kerry

There will be no public sale of tickets from the Dublin County Board for the All-Ireland SFC semi-final against Kerry (Croke Park, August 26).

Dublin's allocation will be significantly cut from that received for the quarter-final victory over Derry and also for the Leinster campaign.

Dublin's entire allocation will be distributed to clubs as well as the Parnell Park annual ticket holders.

www.hill16.ie will not be engaging in any communication with individuals on the subject of ticket availability or allocation.

Good!
Ask me holy bollix

A Quinn Martin Production

Kiss of Death Time...I fancy the Dubs for this one!!  Key factors: 

Monaghan roughed up Kerry and they didn't like it...do the Dubs have the players to do the same and still be able to play football and take scores??

As well as being a string of bat's piss and having a mouth the size of Cork, Donaghy is looking more and more like a one season wonder.  I'm sure the video of the Monaghan game makes interesting viewing for Pillar.

Galvin will probably get himself sent off.

The ref??  With no Ulster teams to give him a natural bias will he let Kerry away with the high tackles that Coldrick did on Sunday.  Will he let forwards foul all day yet yellow card the first person to ladder Cooper's tights??  How strictly will he interpret the new rule that states "if the player in possession is surrounded by more than two opposing players you must give him the free even if they are tackling him legally or even not touching him at all.  If he falls to ground you must also award a free".

Do the Dubs have the bottle??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

his holiness nb

Did anyone get the impression Kerry did what they needed to do and no more and had much more in the tank?

Even ten or so minutes to go with Monaghan 3 up, I was 100% certain Kerry would win the game, seemed like just a matter of time to me.
If they step it up to the level they are capable of, the will beat Dublin.
Nowt to do with Dublin bottling, Kerry are the most talented side in the country, if they are at their best, nobody can beat them.
I just hope they arent and maybe we can squeeze a lucky win with the help of the referee  ;)
Unlikely though.
Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

My feeling on the Kerry v. Monaghan game was that Monaghan are a really good team and the 6 week break meant Kerry were just not at 100%. Kerry had to circle the wagons and dig deep to squeeze through but I feel the game will have brought them on a bomb. I especially think the pace of the Monaghan forwards is good prep for the Dublin forwards who are probably even quicker. I'd expect Kerry to at the very least get an even break in midfield (Would think Griffin should come in for Scanlon) and the winning/losing of the game will be the Kerry ff line v. Dubs fb line. I think Kerry can skin them and that's why I'd go for them to win. HHNB is right - Kerry at 100% are the best around and if they are close to that they will win. I suppose I want Kerry to win (no offence to Dubs - wouldn't begrudge it to most of the Dubs on here or most of the players)  so maybe that's clouding the judgement a wee bit but we'll see. Should be a great game anyhow.

blanketattack

DUBSFORSAM1

Magpie

Do you not think the Dublin forwards could skin the Kerry defence??? Remember Monaghan scored 1-12 and could have had 3/4 more goals as well as kicking some poor wides etc.....and Dublin scored 18 points against a Derry defence that is probably stronger than Kerrys???

tayto

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 12, 2007, 11:02:45 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on August 12, 2007, 11:00:12 PM

Ahem.......  Mikey i don't think its just the Dubs and the "nordies" that
  want to see Kerry get their shite home with them in a bag :-*

Speak for yourself..I'll be a Kerry man for the day when they play Dublin

jaysus change the feckin tune laosilad, you'll support whoever plays against dublin, we get the idea, now run along to watch sky super sunday will you. you abd is typical soccer crapism.  :P

tayto

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 14, 2007, 11:34:47 AM
Magpie

Do you not think the Dublin forwards could skin the Kerry defence??? Remember Monaghan scored 1-12 and could have had 3/4 more goals as well as kicking some poor wides etc.....and Dublin scored 18 points against a Derry defence that is probably stronger than Kerrys???

now now dfs, we havent a hope, kerry will walk all over us, but sher we'll turn up on the day and give it a rattle.  ;D

Gnevin

I think something that has gone unnoticed after Dublin's last game is that  Dublin only had 8/9 wides  which is a lot better than the 18 they where averaging before
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 14, 2007, 11:34:47 AM
Magpie

But what did derry score against dublin 15 points and it could have been a draw if it wasn't for the great block by cahill at the end, the Dublin full back line is going to be severly tested in the semi againt kerry and they can't afford to give that kerry fullforward line the room they gave the derry fowards in the 1st ten miuntes or they will be under pressure, any team with tomas and marc o'shea and aidan o' mahony won't be skinned (imho) hopefully it will be a great game and live up to all the hype
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

tayto

Hound

So 28 wides next time to get our average back in line  :o

tayto