Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

armaghniac

The GAA should get 10,000 tickets for this and give them to the referees so that poeple in the actual counties can go to the All Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

For once, only one county (Tyrone) should get 100% of a ticket allocation. There'll be no complaints from any other county on that score  ;D

thewobbler

Quote from: armaghniac on September 14, 2021, 01:41:58 PM
The GAA should get 10,000 tickets for this and give them to the referees so that poeple in the actual counties can go to the All Ireland.

So upset about this, and yet still so unable to balance in your head that what a bandwagon supporter contributes to the GAA, is minuscule compared to what a referee contributes to the GAA.

The "Association" aspect of the name seems lost on you. 

armaghniac

Quote from: thewobbler on September 14, 2021, 04:01:15 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 14, 2021, 01:41:58 PM

So upset about this, and yet still so unable to balance in your head that what a bandwagon supporter contributes to the GAA, is minuscule compared to what a referee contributes to the GAA.

The "Association" aspect of the name seems lost on you.

Perhaps I should not have mentioned referees, for whom I have admiration. Imagine then are part of the rental of the stadium that the GAA has some prime seats for sponsors.
I made a point in general about actual attendence being on the strengths of the GAA and they should exploit that. You may not agree.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bord na Mona man

It always give me a chuckle at how many of his lifelong fans still think his name is "Gareth Brooks".

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Truth hurts

Brooks get 5 nights in Croker, how has things changed?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 25, 2021, 10:12:59 AM

The residents getting free tickets?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

balladmaker

At least Garth can use the stage that he never got to use in 2014, it's apparently stored in a warehouse in Mountmellick of all places since then.

dublin7

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards

snoopdog

Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2021, 12:23:49 PM

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

seafoid

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 14, 2021, 10:08:42 PM
It always give me a chuckle at how many of his lifelong fans still think his name is "Gareth Brooks".
Gareth is a feature of Hiberno English. You can't have 3 consonants in a row so you have to throw in a vowel- eg fillum.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rrhf

Quote from: BennyCake on September 14, 2021, 03:54:13 PM
For once, only one county (Tyrone) should get 100% of a ticket allocation. There'll be no complaints from any other county on that score  ;D
We cant be in Croker all the time surely. Id be all for playing it in Newbridge...