Donegal's year perhaps?

Started by Farrandeelin, August 01, 2011, 09:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

I would back the ABD campaign!
I have nothing against Donegal at all and in normal circumstances I'd be delighted for them as they have won nothing of note in a generation. However I hate the way they play, I hate the cynicism in their play (despiutes Jimmy McGuinness claims of innocence - what a joke!) and I hate a team who have rode their luck across a number of games. For those reasons it's ABD all the way for me!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ck on August 02, 2011, 02:24:41 PM
I have nothing against Donegal at all and in normal circumstances I'd be delighted for them as they have won nothing of note in a generation. However I hate the way they play, I hate the cynicism in their play (despiutes Jimmy McGuinness claims of innocence - what a joke!) and I hate a team who have rode their luck across a number of games. For those reasons it's ABD all the way for me!

Really? and what games would these be?  ???
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: EC Unique on August 02, 2011, 01:17:28 PM
Who ever comes out of Saturday nights clash (Tyrone I suspect) will dispose of Donegal with ease. They are an average side that have had more than their fair share of luck at this stage.

Like they have done earlier on this season?
Keep thinking that way though, hopefully the winners of Saturdays match go in against Donegal as cocksure as you!  ;)
Tbc....

J70

Sure many of these boys have been writing us off before every single game since the Cavan match! I'm sure the Donegal-Tyrone thread from back in June would make amusing reading!

As for the luck thing... the penalty Derry didn't get and the Kildare square ball. Howver, I wonder would the likes of CK be crying if Kildare had got through having benefited from square balls in two earlier games.

Murphy's ridiculous early red card doesn't count as it was only Cavan.

EC Unique

Quote from: sheamy on August 02, 2011, 01:33:33 PM
Who ever comes out of Saturday nights clash (Tyrone I suspect) will dispose of Donegal with ease. They are an average side that have had more than their fair share of luck at this stage.

Careful now...if Jim reads that you'll be the next villain of the piece.

'Errigal men bad mouthing Tir Conaill backed by his neighbour Mickey Harte'

Using an internet campaign to influence referees into believing Donegal have been given too many dodgy decisions this year. It's just not on I tell you!

'And if I could I'd build a wall around old Donegal...'

:D :D  I had better watch my back. 

JHume

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 02, 2011, 02:36:16 PM

Like they have done earlier on this season?
Keep thinking that way though, hopefully the winners of Saturdays match go in against Donegal as cocksure as you!  ;)

Regardless of who wins on Saturday, they'll go into the semi final as favourites in most people's eyes.

Which is just the way to have it.

Derry in the Ulster final and now Kildare never saw us coming.

Tyrone would be wary of us, but the Dubs would be sure they'd win.

So with apologies to Tyrone: come on de Dubs.

J70

I'd prefer the Dubs, even if they would be strong favourites. While I see no reason why we can't beat Tyrone again, especially given our awful, nervy start the last day, it would be a more painful loss if they were to beat us.

J70

We also owe the Dubs for 2002! :P

deiseach

Quote from: JHume on August 02, 2011, 03:24:28 PM
Regardless of who wins on Saturday, they'll go into the semi final as favourites in most people's eyes.

I'd rather be favourites, thanks.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: deiseach on August 02, 2011, 03:31:52 PM
Quote from: JHume on August 02, 2011, 03:24:28 PM

I'd rather be favourites, thanks.

Nah think I prefer going into a game as underdogs, focus's players better.
Tbc....

20leg-end08

Agree completely. And as much as I hate the dubs, if they beat us on Saturday I hope they go on to trounce Donegal.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Farrandeelin

I cannot see how Dublin are feared so much. Yes they were within a whisker of reaching last year's AI, but this year they did get lucky against Kildare and very lucky against Wexford too. I think Tyrone can take Dublin to be honest. If Tyrone fail to take Dublin, then donegal's defensive system would have to shut out the Brogan brothers - and given that they've done just enough (with ladyluck on their side the last day admittedly) so far I can see them taking Dublin as well. Who's to say that Tyrone will beat them if they play them again either. McGuinness will ensure his team are focussed on everything, and may even play a few 'mind games' too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ck

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 02, 2011, 02:33:42 PM

Really? and what games would these be?  ???

Do you really need to ask? The whole country is talking about how lucky they have been with big decisions going for them!

Aaron Boone

What way would Donegal bring Sam home? Say by train to Sligo or by road through Aughnacloy/Omagh/Strabane?

I can't recall 1992 homecoming.

fitzroyalty