Saffrongael

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 07, 2021, 03:58:43 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 07, 2021, 01:17:08 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 07, 2021, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 07, 2021, 08:02:40 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 06, 2021, 02:09:55 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 06, 2021, 01:31:00 AM
well maybe he should have been vaccinated by now
Having the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it. It would've made no difference  ;D ;D ;D
Your second sentence is false. .

Getting the vaccine does not guarantee you won't get Covid, but it hugely reduces the chances. And if you do catch it you're far less likely to get sick.
I didn't mention whether he would get sick or not, so my second sentence isn't false. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it which is what I said. So having the vaccine or not, would've made no difference.

If he was vaccinated he wouldn't have been tested as a close contact so it made a huge difference
Another one that can't read.
Having the vaccine does not stop you getting the virus, and therefore would've made no difference.

My point, which I think is pretty clear, is that if Rahm had been vaccinated he wouldn't have been tested all week by the PGA (it's part of their protocol). Close contacts aren't tested........So he would have been informed he was a close contact but let tear away playing, NO TEST so no positive result and end up winning the tournament. That's pretty clear isn't it ???
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 07, 2021, 04:35:59 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 07, 2021, 03:58:43 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 07, 2021, 01:17:08 PM
Having the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting it. It would've made no difference  ;D ;D ;D

Getting the vaccine does not guarantee you won't get Covid, but it hugely reduces the chances. And if you do catch it you're far less likely to get sick.
I didn't mention whether he would get sick or not, so my second sentence isn't false. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it which is what I said. So having the vaccine or not, would've made no difference.

If he was vaccinated he wouldn't have been tested as a close contact so it made a huge difference
Another one that can't read.
Having the vaccine does not stop you getting the virus, and therefore would've made no difference.

My point, which I think is pretty clear, is that if Rahm had been vaccinated he wouldn't have been tested all week by the PGA (it's part of their protocol). Close contacts aren't tested........So he would have been informed he was a close contact but let tear away playing, NO TEST so no positive result and end up winning the tournament. That's pretty clear isn't it ???
Yea no problem with that, my point was about him getting the virus, not about having to withdraw.

Hound

It's not 100% but the vaccine does stop you getting Covid - or at least hugely reduces the chance of you contracting it and passing it on.

When they say 90% efficacy, that means re contracting Covid. If Rahm had got the vaccine, he would have been highly unlikely to contract Covid.

Estimator

The golfing version of the European Super League has raised its head again.  Unless it has the full buy in from the PGA & European Tours, as well as the Top 48 professionals, I can't see this taking off.  Most of them are already multi-millionaires. And if their participation in the Majors and Ryder Cups are limited due to playing in this competition, I can't see the desire for many to join up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/57382968

Premier Golf League: Revolutionary £250m series scheduled to begin in 2023

Detailed plans for a £250m Premier Golf League aimed at revolutionising the professional game are to be revealed later this week.

BBC Sport has learned that the Formula 1 style global competition is scheduled to begin in January 2023 and would include 18 tournaments targeting the top 48 male players in the world.

A dozen of those events would be staged in the United States with the others "chasing the sun" around the world. Each competition would be worth $20m (£14m) with $4m going to the winner and last place picking up $150,000.

By way of comparison, the biggest purse on the PGA Tour for a single event is $2.7m from a $15m prize fund at the Players Championship.

There would be a team element with team principals choosing which scores from individuals from the four-man line ups would count.

Ulster League Champions 2009

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Hound on June 08, 2021, 10:49:42 AM

It's not 100% but the vaccine does stop you getting Covid - or at least hugely reduces the chance of you contracting it and passing it on.

When they say 90% efficacy, that means re contracting Covid. If Rahm had got the vaccine, he would have been highly unlikely to contract Covid.
The vaccine does not stop you getting it. You've just proved my point, thank you.

thewobbler

There's at least 10 threads on GAA board where you all can prove yourself more knowledgeable about efficacy etc than anyone else. We really don't need another one.

——

The super league thing is doomed from the start. Much like the European Tour, it'll be an afterthought for audiences, media and advertisers, if the majority of the recognised top 50 aren't involved.

Top golfers are already extraordinarily rich in current circumstances. They already build their entire schedules around majors, and leaving the US as rarely as possible.  The carrot of doing it all for a dollar more just won't be orange enough.

Keyser soze

I see Federer withdrew from the French open.

Choker!

KickItInAndStartClapping

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 08, 2021, 04:03:40 PM
I see Federer withdrew from the French open.

Choker!

He's past it IMO. Nadal is the king of clay

trailer

Rory commits to the Irish Open. Another reason why he is the GOAT.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on June 08, 2021, 08:39:39 PM
Long way behind Jack and Tiger as the GOAT. Certainly on results he'd be an Irish GOAT...he'll be at the puc fair next year.

JimStynes

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 09, 2021, 10:40:18 AM
Long way behind Jack and Tiger as the GOAT. Certainly on results he'd be an Irish GOAT...he'll be at the puc fair next year.

Did Leyton Hewitt ever play in the Irish open?

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on June 09, 2021, 01:22:24 PM

He played it one time it was held on clay.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2021, 01:32:32 PM

He was well past his best at that stage though, think he was 24/25

JimStynes

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on June 09, 2021, 01:47:38 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2021, 01:32:32 PM

He was well past his best at that stage though, think he was 24/25

Busted flush