Author Topic: The Official Golf Thread  (Read 568204 times)

JimStynes

• View Profile
Re: The Official Golf Thread
« Reply #6480 on: June 09, 2021, 03:13:55 PM »
My putting is pure shite at the minute, so I bought a new driver  ;D ;D. Ping 425! Weapon.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: June 09, 2021, 03:40:37 PM »
My putting is pure shite at the minute, so I bought a new driver  ;D ;D. Ping 425! Weapon.

I have the G400 unreal yoke. Have my eye on G425 upgrade though as my chipping is terrible.

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: June 09, 2021, 04:37:17 PM »

I have the G400 unreal yoke. Have my eye on G425 upgrade though as my chipping is terrible.
You'll get a G410 at a better price for the same result. I changed to ping last year and striking has improved, class gear.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: June 09, 2021, 04:40:27 PM »

You'll get a G410 at a better price for the same result. I changed to ping last year and striking has improved, class gear.

I went from a titliest 910 so itís massive upgrade for me. Xstiff shaft as well! Goes out like a bullet compared to the titliest.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: June 09, 2021, 04:49:30 PM »

I like to get fitted though and I've yet to see anywhere fit you into the previous iterations.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: June 09, 2021, 05:18:06 PM »

I like to get fitted though and I've yet to see anywhere fit you into the previous iterations.

We had a fitting day at the club but I went and booked another one at laganview. I tried all the other models and spent plenty of time trying different adjustments but the Ping 425 still came out the best. My putting is shite though so I might look at different putters this next while. I am not sure a different putter makes a whole pile of difference though.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: June 09, 2021, 08:26:44 PM »

We had a fitting day at the club but I went and booked another one at laganview. I tried all the other models and spent plenty of time trying different adjustments but the Ping 425 still came out the best. My putting is shite though so I might look at different putters this next while. I am not sure a different putter makes a whole pile of difference though.

Made a huge difference for me although it was a good few years ago. Changed from a PING to a Never Compromise with a much shorter shaft. Went from a horrible putter to a decent one overnight. Went from 26 to 17 in three weeks and got down to 13 in a summer. Havenít played in years due to a bad car accident but bought a new to me Tittleist Driver today to see would it motivate back on to the course.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: June 09, 2021, 08:33:52 PM »

Bought myself one of these yokes and find itís been a huge help not to worry about line and just concentrate on distance control!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L7H8K4Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZGDJX2AKY0BRKJ9C2FMH

Applesisapples

• View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: June 10, 2021, 09:53:02 AM »

Andrew Morris will do a fitting for you, in drivers its mainly to do with loft, shaft and bias and both G410 and G425 should be available.

Mikhail Prokhorov

• View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: June 13, 2021, 04:39:05 PM »
Wd Johnny Caldwell

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: June 19, 2021, 09:15:07 AM »
No interest in the golf?

Rory well enough placed for the weekend but only 6 pars yesterday probably indicates his game is too inconsistent at present....

Leona Maguire shooting the lights out too.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: June 19, 2021, 11:13:01 PM »
Rory gets himself in contention and then it all goes a bit wrong. 2 clutch putts though will hopefully get him going again

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: Today at 04:12:56 AM »
Busted flush

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: Today at 10:20:37 AM »
Howís Leyton Hewitt doing?

JimStynes

• View Profile