O'Neill and 2 October 1978

Started by john mcgill, August 14, 2008, 12:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

Just listened to a teacher, Shane O'Neill, on Radio Ulster talk about 2 October 1978 and how he was caned for writing "very" in front of a teacher's "good" remark.  I enjoyed the piece and it is on Radio Ulster just before 12 tonight.  It is probably our O'Neill and I will always think of him on the birthday that I share with Sting!

T Fearon

:D :D :D :D :D It's our boy alright, always seeking to elevate himself from the mediocre to the slightly above average, and will go to any lengths to do so :D :D :D

I hear he was also suspended for wearing his band skirt to school :D

never kickt a ball

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2008, 12:32:14 PM
:D :D :D :D :D It's our boy alright, always seeking to elevate himself from the mediocre to the slightly above average, and will go to any lengths to do so :D :D :D

I hear he was also suspended for wearing his band skirt to school :D

Projection at its best there Tony  :D

Why wait to midnight?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/realmedia/dayslikethis/20070419_shaneoneill.ram

T Fearon

Feck if he can remember the exact date, nearly 30 years ago, that he got caned by his teacher he must have led one hell of an exciting life. Next year he'll be on Days Like This reminiscing about his first Toffee Crisp on the 5th of June 1975

rrhf

I spotted that 2 Mac, must be a different O Neill -
Im near sure the "shiny 'un" was born in March 1975.  Getting caned at 3 in school is very rough indeed.  Lets take it all out on the Dubs this Saturday

The Gs Man

Tony, you sound slightly jealous to me.
Keep 'er lit

T Fearon

The bald one is more than 33 FFS. He trained to be a teacher with a mate of mine who is pushing 40

ziggysego

Was your mate a late bloomer Tony?
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

The O Neill I know was the first pupil to ask for Corporal punishment after it was abolished. 

Main Street

When did they stop corporal punishment?

Orior

Quote from: john mcgill on August 14, 2008, 12:13:41 PM
Just listened to a teacher, Shane O'Neill, on Radio Ulster talk about 2 October 1978 and how he was caned for writing "very" in front of a teacher's "good" remark.   I enjoyed the piece and it is on Radio Ulster just before 12 tonight.  It is probably our O'Neill and I will always think of him on the birthday that I share with Sting!

Brilliant
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Shane could have saved himself a few lashes  if he had been more honest and appended the word "God!" after "Good" instead of "Very" before it. He could have selected a more interesting topic for his Days like This,broadcast like the day he

a) cut his first piece of turf
b) donned a skirt for his first band outing
c) his head started growing through his hair

youngfella

Thats class, his voice is different from what i remember, but thats a good 8 years ago. Great piece for the great bald man of tyrone.
Pull hard and early

ziggysego

Just got listening to it now.

Absoluately Bloody Brilliant!
Testing Accessibility

youngfella

Quote from: hardstation on August 14, 2008, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: youngfella on August 14, 2008, 07:23:22 PM
Thats class, his voice is different from what i remember, but thats a good 8 years ago. Great piece for the great bald man of tyrone.
It's put on. If he was using his real voice, it would be "I was pure dunging the togs, b'y."

thick as champ!  :D
Pull hard and early