3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

I see on most O2 contracts you have to pay a fair whack for the iPhone.  Any of you been able to wag them into giving you a big discount on it or for free?

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Shrek on June 09, 2009, 10:59:43 AM
Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on June 09, 2009, 10:37:20 AM
I see on most O2 contracts you have to pay a fair whack for the iPhone.  Any of you been able to wag them into giving you a big discount on it or for free?

i dont think there is much chance of that happening, i think you have to buy out your existing contract to get the upgrade  :o

I mean when your own contract is up.

Archie Mitchell

It all depends on what tariff you choose. You can get the 8GB one free if you choose a 24 month contract (£35 or £45 per month) or on an 18 month contract (£45 or £75 per month)

thebigfella

Not if you are talking about outside the tariffs and initial outlay they already offer. It's policy not to discount, even to O2 staff. That might of changed but i'd be surprised if that was the case.

venter

I have the 16Gb Iphone since last september. I find it very good, especially with all the free apps you can download such as eirtext, skype, xe currency, newstalk player, today fm player, e reader and all that. Im heading to California on holidays at the end of August and I was apple to get a "lonely planet San francisco" app. Its free at the moment due to some apple conference happening over there in the coming weeks. Thats pretty much saved me a tenner now that I dont have to buy the book.

The only downside to it is that when you can use it for so many different things like the apps, the ipod, texting, calling, google maps etc, then the battrey life becomes pretty bad. Mine is just about giving me a day anymore.

Still looking forward to the new software upgrade.. copy and paste would be especially useful..

ziggysego

I discovered last night you can view BBC iPlayer via the iPhone, which is kinda cool.
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

i got a text from 02 last night telling me that updates will be available for free from 17/6 (i think) and they'll include MMS... happy days. does this updating craic ever have a bad effect on the phone?

gerrykeegan

I updated my Nokis n95 and it was the worse thing I ever did. I would not rush into it. Leave it and see how others get on.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rois

Quote from: ziggysego on June 09, 2009, 12:23:10 PM
I discovered last night you can view BBC iPlayer via the iPhone, which is kinda cool.

Ah Ziggy...
Quote from: Rois on April 24, 2009, 09:20:09 PM
Oh and could watch iplayer up in my bedroom when wireless decided it wanted to reach up to the top floor of the house.

thebigfella

Quote from: lurganblue on June 10, 2009, 09:56:54 AM
i got a text from 02 last night telling me that updates will be available for free from 17/6 (i think) and they'll include MMS... happy days. does this updating craic ever have a bad effect on the phone?

The updates come from Itunes though and not O2. Havent had any issues in the past, although I have mine jail broken and customised to fcuk, so I'll wait until people have jail broke the new operating system before I upgrade.

Minder

You can get the new I Phone 3G S free on a 24 mth £44 tariff, thats what i plan to upgrade to. Its £90 on the £35 tariff.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

take_yer_points

I discovered last night that the tethering feature in the new update (using your iPhone as a modem to connect your laptop to t'internet) is going to cost a minimum of £15 approx for a 3gb allowance! I know that the "unlimited allowance" you get with the normal contract is really not unlimited and they give you a slap on the wrist once you hit about 200Mb but that's a bit of a joke! Why not just keep it that once you hit 200Mb a month they stop your 3g access until you pay for the bolt on or something? It seems like they're trying to completely take the piss out of iPhone customers!

In other news, there's rumours doing the rounds that Apple are talking to Vodafone about releasing the iPhone on their network! Some competition would do us all the world of good with prices hopefully falling as a result!

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on June 10, 2009, 10:12:22 AM

Ah Ziggy...
Oh and could watch iplayer up in my bedroom when wireless decided it wanted to reach up to the top floor of the house.

Didn't notice that. Oops. Best I could find to watch was Eastenders... soon fell asleep.
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ziggysego on June 10, 2009, 12:45:07 PM
Quote from: Rois on June 10, 2009, 10:12:22 AM

Ah Ziggy...

Didn't notice that. Oops. Best I could find to watch was Eastenders... soon fell asleep.

Don't be slagging off Eastenders Ziggy. One if the best shows about. No Drew Jerks about the square.

ziggysego

Drew Kirk (RIP) was too good for EE.

You have numpties like Ian Beale and Ricky Butcher depressing the viewing public.
Testing Accessibility