3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Can't praise it enough. Brilliant for on the spot emails, surfing, podcasting and apps. Texting a doddle  after a while. Completely changed the way I interact with multi-media. Use the laptop far less.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Im still a one finger typer on the iphone, but its gotten quicker. The camera is fine, unless someone is moving. Ive taken some great pictures with it.

lurganblue

Texting was hard to get used to but not so bad now. I haven't tried drunk texts with it yet. Could be a disaster! Would like it to be able to send mms or even Bluetooth other handsets.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Puckoon on April 24, 2009, 10:28:42 PM
Im still a one finger typer on the iphone, but its gotten quicker. The camera is fine, unless someone is moving. Ive taken some great pictures with it.

Camera is not bad in good light but unless you have good light it's not much use.

ziggysego

Downloaded the Skype App at the weekend and made a free call to my friend in Germany on Sunday afternoon. Class wee bit of kit this phone.
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2009, 04:16:46 PM
Downloaded the Skype App at the weekend and made a free call to my friend in Germany on Sunday afternoon. Class wee bit of kit this phone.

i have that app but havent used it yet.
anyone got set up with the sky plus one yet?

ziggysego

Quote from: lurganblue on April 28, 2009, 04:24:08 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2009, 04:16:46 PM

i have that app but havent used it yet.

Clear as a whistle. Worth it. Only thing is, both of you have to be logged into Skype at the same time.
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Love that phone but noticed really poor battery life  after a few phonecalls never mind apps.  Also the handset aint ringing for me at the moment so have sent it back to apple for a reboot.  As for apps fitness programme, currency converter, spirit level and would like one with even a better diary function if there is one.  Great concept.     

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on April 28, 2009, 04:49:09 PM
Love that phone but noticed really poor battery life  after a few phonecalls never mind apps.  Also the handset aint ringing for me at the moment so have sent it back to apple for a reboot.  As for apps fitness programme, currency converter, spirit level and would like one with even a better diary function if there is one.  Great concept.     

The spirit level has been great. I can now walk like one of those boyos outside Buckingham Palace.

Delete most of the apps I download after 2-3 days though if you're a social networker or ebayer it's handy. I'm using one now 'scramble' and it's feckin addictive. The wife got the kit off the other night and bellowed 'here's yer chance big lad' and I told her to houl on i'm getting imp, import, imports, importer, imported, important all in the one puzzle. She then clothed up and drank a bottle of rose wine and stuck the corkscrew in me shoulder.

Any other good apps?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

I use the voice activated google search for trying to find numbers and directions. Its pretty good.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2009, 10:52:36 PM
Any other good apps?

There's a handlink app from Quantum Leap available for the iPhone. No purpose what so ever though.
Testing Accessibility

118cmal

Hey guys any release date yet for the new iphone?

I remember hearing some time ago it would be around may/june.  Will there be much difference between the current and new one?

Minder

Quote from: 118cmal on May 11, 2009, 02:47:43 PM
Hey guys any release date yet for the new iphone?

I remember hearing some time ago it would be around may/june.  Will there be much difference between the current and new one?

I can upgrade in less than a month, i am sure they will not offer me the new one but i take it the operating system can be updated if they dont offer me the latest model?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

balladmaker

Don't know when it is due, but there is supposed to be a new iPHONE coming out that has two screens, one on either side.  It is billed as an iPHONE nano, smaller than the current model.

new devil

Yea can be updated throught itunes minder..i have the old iphone and it updates ever time the 3g updates