3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2009, 03:30:04 PM
Is there some issue with "flash player" that it does not support it ergo you cannot access "all of the internet", im sure there is enough on the old interweb to keep you going.......

Yep, one or two odd sites that aren't great for the safari mobile browser but rarely intrusive.

A fella messed around with mine - jailbreaking he says with 'ZiPhone', then downloaded an application and she can now forward messages.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2009, 03:30:04 PM
Is there some issue with "flash player" that it does not support it ergo you cannot access "all of the internet", im sure there is enough on the old interweb to keep you going.......

Slightly misleading statement - I assume you can still connect to the site but just cannot render the objects/apps embedded on the page in flash :P

Flash is quite intensive on the old resources, thus not suitable for the iphone in it's current state, and the Apple have said the mobile version is not secure enough for them. It has been announced that Adobe are working on/completed a new version simply for the iphone/ipod touch. The problem is i'm not sure it will ever be allowed on the iphone due to the restrictions on the sdk/developer program. Essentially Flash is a development platform, so you would have it directly in competition with the Itunes app store and all the people currently developing for it would be extremely p***ed off having a free development platform competing directly against them.

Minder

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2009, 11:19:26 AM
My sister in law has an I Phone (on contract) but wants to sell it on ebay as she hates it, can some punter just stick their O2 sim in it and use it if she sells it?

I may now be swapping phones with her. I am on an 18 mth contract with O2 and want to know if (a) it is easily unlocked & (b) I can keep my current number and just stick my sim into the I Phone.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

toiletroller

lads, do any of you know anythin about these replica i phones. There ia tare of them on ebay and cheap. My phone packed in at the weekedn. Need somethin to see me through the last 6 months of my 3 contraCT. Surley these phones made in Hong Kong would do my job short term?!

gerry

Quote from: Minder on February 16, 2009, 09:20:20 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2009, 11:19:26 AM
My sister in law has an I Phone (on contract) but wants to sell it on ebay as she hates it, can some punter just stick their O2 sim in it and use it if she sells it?

I may now be swapping phones with her. I am on an 18 mth contract with O2 and want to know if (a) it is easily unlocked & (b) I can keep my current number and just stick my sim into the I Phone.

i bought a turbo sim on ebay to unlock my n95, works a treat

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NO-CUT-UNLOCK-SIM-CARD-FOR-IPHONE-3G-2-2-TURBO-SIM_W0QQitemZ120376292771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item120376292771&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1229|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=turbo+sim+iphone

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Minder

Cheers Gerry, i wonder are there any issues with putting a current O2 contract sim into an I Phone.

hectorsheroes

Whats the craic with the new Nokia 5800 music express phone - is it the Nokia Equivalent - I've been offered it for free and £35 a month with free internet browsing from O2. Anyone that could offer any info - much appreciated

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on February 12, 2009, 03:23:05 PM
Got that phone a week ago and love it. #

Yes, you can send and receive pics - there's a simple mms application for it and works well. You can also forward messages.

You wouldnt mind posting the application name O'Neill?

ONeill

ziggysego

I've decided, going to get one at the first opportunity.

This N73 is making me crying and people are starting to laugh at me now. Vodafone are being no good :(
Testing Accessibility

gerry

can you get o2 in greencastle. i thought it was a black spot
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ziggysego

Quote from: gerry on February 16, 2009, 09:29:03 PM
can you get o2 in greencastle. i thought it was a black spot

Just about get it in Greencastle.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Maybe he meant a black hole?

ziggysego

Greencastle's a lovely place. Green fields, pleasant people, great GAA facilities and a friendly pub. What more could you ask for ONeill?
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Ziggy i would check the 3G coverage in your area before taking the plunge.