Quote from: ogshead on April 27, 2009, 09:13:29 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 27, 2009, 11:27:50 AM
Quote from: ogshead on April 27, 2009, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: pearseog on April 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 26, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I think that was the final score anyway

tommy powell was workin wonders with the scoreboard.  :D think it might have been 1-12 to 1-5.
ogs looked very strong going forward until ronan clarke got an injury which i thought would force him to come off but he played most of the 60 mins without doin too much else. he played a wonderfull ball into conor clarke ealry in the game before 'shorty' dummied the goalie and lashed into the empty net. a brilliant ogs move in the 2nd half resulted in a fantastic delicate score from sean moore. other main talking point was jp donnellys sending off after the dromintee penalty incident. the tackle didn't deserve a yellow never mind a straight red so i presume there was some mouthing involved on jp's part.
all in all a good result for the ogs and hopefully a good league campaign is in store.

Did I read that right above that Clarke didn't do too much. He won every ball that came near him and there was either a score or free won every time. There was very little waste. All in all I thouht that it was a good performance by the Ogs and Dromintee don't look much of a team without the O Rourkes. They could struggle this year if their playing a lot of games without them. It was good though that the Ogs have their first win

I would have to say I thought Ronan Clarke was not one of your best forwards and the Dromintee full back did very well on him. He may have collected most balls that were put in front of him because obviously the full back wasn't going to risk going 50/50 and leaving the space in behind for him to be one on one with the keeper.

However there wasn't as much end product from his possession as you would expect from supposedly one of the country's best forwards.

As for Dromintee struggling without the O'Rourkes, as Corn says there were more players missing than the O'Rourkes (Mícheál was also playing by the way) but I feel we had enough quality still to get something yesterday. We have a very large squad this year with a lot of young lads still settling in. If we had have tightened up yesterday tactically, we would have been closer.

All round we were beaten by a very strong Ogs performance on the day.

I did not say that Clarke was the best forward, I said that he collected everything that came near him and he scored a few and got frees. It was in response to someone saying that he didn't do much, he set up the goal with a through ball and almost set up another with a similar pass as well so he was very influencial

Did not realise that there was more missing than the O'Roukes so I apologise for that remark was just expecting a tough hard hitting match but it didn't materialise so was just disappointed in that respect

clarke was brilliant before he got the knock. what i was saying was that he wasn't as effective after the incident just before half time

Hank Everlast

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E MONDAY 3 MAY 2009

Tuesday 28 April
ACL – Div. IV (7.00)
Dorsey Emmett's v Clady (Noel Martin)

Wednesday 29 April
Under-21 Football Championship – 1st Round (7.00)
Middletown v St Paul's (Stephen McKinley)
St John's v Ballyhegan (Paudie Hughes)
Carrickcruppen v St Brigid's (Ger Devlin)
Keady v Madden (Malachy McNicholl)
Killeavy v Wolfe Tone (Kevin McNeice)
Ballymacnab v Clann Eireann (Oliver Hearty)
Clan na Gael v St Patrick's (Jimmy McKee)
Cavanakill Emmett's v Granemore (Kevin Murtagh)
Culloville v Maghery (Paul Rath)
Crossmaglen v Shane O'Neill's (Patrick Duffy)
Tir na nÓg v Dromintee (Jim Slevin)
Mullaghbawn v Tullysaran (Damian McConville)
Extra time, if required.  1st named team has home advantage

Thursday 30 April
Under-21 Football Championship – 1st Round (7.00)
Pearse Og v Harps (Ronan Quigley)
Extra time, if required.  1st named team has home advantage

Friday 1 May
ACL – Div. I (7.15)
Killeavy v Pearse Og (Barney Henry)
ACL – Div. II (7.15)
Wolfe Tone v Granemore (Patrick Duffy)

Saturday 2 May
ACL – Div. I (6.00)
Crossmaglen v Clan na Gael (Malachy McNicholl)
Culloville v Carrickcruppen (Paudie Hughes)
Dromintee v St Patrick's (Rory Robinson)
Mullaghbawn v Sarsfields (Jim Lynch)
ACL – Div. II (6.00)
Ballyhegan v Maghery (Frank McDonald)
Tir na nÓg v Silverbridge (Eugene D Nugent)
St Michael's v Whitecross (Seamus O'Neill)
Madden v Ballymacnab (Vincent O'Neill)
ACL – Div. III (6.00)
Clonmore v Keady (Tony O'Hare)
Annaghmore v Middletown (Kevin Murtagh)
St Peter's v St Paul's (Eamon Nugent)
An Port Mor v Shane O'Neill's (Jim Slevin)
Lissummon v Belleek (Kevin McNeice)
Tullysaran v Collegeland (Gary Smith)
ACL – Div. IV (6.00)
Corrinshego v Crossmaglen II (Ger Devlin)
Clady v Forkhill (Dessie McDonnell)
Mullaghbrack v Killean (Paul Boylan)
Grange v O'Hanlon's (Mickey Leonard)
Eire Og v Crossmaglen II (Jim Burns)
Phelim Brady's v Derrynoose (Tony Watters)

Monday 4 May
ACL – Div. II (7.00)
Clann Eireann v Harps

Ping Pong Santa

I wouldn't agree that Clark was 'brilliant' before the knock. And the knock I don't think was the reason for a below par performance by his standards. I thought he was marked very well.

Yes the game did lack any hard-hitting on our part.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: illdecide on April 27, 2009, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on April 27, 2009, 02:47:11 PM
If you had a fiver for everytime you licked the ass of a cross man you could get a week on the moon!! ;D Is there anyone from cross you arent riding? ;D ;D

If i had a £5er for every tackle you pulled out of saan i'd be sitting in the house instead of work. I don't lick anyones ass saan and as for riding some from Cross, i wouldn't rule it out as long as she's half decent looking and not stinking of diesel i'd give her a rattle...Just remember saan before you come here slabbering i'm not the one who gets taxi's up to Crossmaglen to help them celebrate winning a cup and buying their whole club drink... ;D ;D

P.S. take it out of that... ;)

Sounds like I hit a nerve here!! You obviously dont know me if you think id buy anyone drink nevermind a whole bar!! ;D

fitzroyalty

U21FC tomorrow night, who would be the favourites? Obviously Cross will be there or thereabouts, is it a case of the usual suspects? Cruppen, Killeavy, Dromintee etc?

winsamsoon

I was told that the Cross v Clans game was to be on friday night. Can anyone confirm this???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

DownFanatic

Who are involved in the Cavanakill, St Brigids and St Johns amalgamations?

anportmorforjfc

St Johns is Annaghmore, Clonmore and Collegeland.

cillsleibhe

Cavankill Emmets are made up from Belleek, St. Michael's Newtownhamilton and Dorsey Emmets

cillsleibhe

St. Brigid's I think are mainly Whitecross.  Clady, Lissummon and O'Hanlon's Poyntzpass may also provide players.

pearseog

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 28, 2009, 10:22:43 AM
I wouldn't agree that Clark was 'brilliant' before the knock. And the knock I don't think was the reason for a below par performance by his standards. I thought he was marked very well.

what did he do wrong before the knock? he won every ball despite the full back dragging him every time he made a run. he scored two points with his left foot and also provided two goal opportunities for conor clarke and jp donnelly (one of which was taken by conor) and also won two frees (the second one he couldn't take as he got the knock in the foul). i think thats pretty good in 25 mins of football.

T O Hare

Quote from: pearseog on April 28, 2009, 05:18:36 PM

what did he do wrong before the knock? he won every ball despite the full back dragging him every time he made a run. he scored two points with his left foot and also provided two goal opportunities for conor clarke and jp donnelly (one of which was taken by conor) and also won two frees (the second one he couldn't take as he got the knock in the foul). i think thats pretty good in 25 mins of football.

Hello Clarkey :D ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: T O Hare on April 28, 2009, 05:22:03 PM
Quote from: pearseog on April 28, 2009, 05:18:36 PM

Hello Clarkey :D ;D

Busted

fcuksake

either your Ronan or the cameraman
:D :D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

winsamsoon

Looking like the clans game will now be on saturday at 6. Our lads will now have to leave a wedding that has been planned all year just because the cross were not willing to accomodate us on the friday evening. Oh it must be said they did offer to play it on the sunday morning at 12 :( So BC i don't think you have done anything for the tramps as you put it. But wee apples and all that.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.