Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Real1995

Mullahbawn beat heaviy By Killeavey....v poor perforamnce....we are going to struggle this year....long summer ahead....
Nice guys always finish second!

pearseog

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 26, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I think that was the final score anyway

tommy powell was workin wonders with the scoreboard.  :D think it might have been 1-12 to 1-5.
ogs looked very strong going forward until ronan clarke got an injury which i thought would force him to come off but he played most of the 60 mins without doin too much else. he played a wonderfull ball into conor clarke ealry in the game before 'shorty' dummied the goalie and lashed into the empty net. a brilliant ogs move in the 2nd half resulted in a fantastic delicate score from sean moore. other main talking point was jp donnellys sending off after the dromintee penalty incident. the tackle didn't deserve a yellow never mind a straight red so i presume there was some mouthing involved on jp's part.
all in all a good result for the ogs and hopefully a good league campaign is in store.

fcuksake

Harps won at a canter.  ;D

Harps 2-16
Ballyhegan 1-06

Vernon, Swift & Simon Lennon outstanding. Ballyhegan will struggle this year and will pick very few points up away from home. But at home they are a different opposition and they need to win the vast majority of their home games to survive in Div 2. As for Harps, they played some nice free flowing football today. I would have fancied them strongly to go up but the loss of McConnville, McCoy & Kelly to the states along with the loss of Vernon & Holmes to their respective counties may prevent this.

all in all not a great spectacle today as their was only 1 team in it 10mins into the 2nd half. Harps done what they had to do and they took some great scores especially the two goals from Morrison & Nippy Swift.

Long may it continue.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: pearseog on April 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 26, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Pearse Ogs 1-13
Dromintee 1-5

I think that was the final score anyway

tommy powell was workin wonders with the scoreboard.  :D think it might have been 1-12 to 1-5.
ogs looked very strong going forward until ronan clarke got an injury which i thought would force him to come off but he played most of the 60 mins without doin too much else. he played a wonderfull ball into conor clarke ealry in the game before 'shorty' dummied the goalie and lashed into the empty net. a brilliant ogs move in the 2nd half resulted in a fantastic delicate score from sean moore. other main talking point was jp donnellys sending off after the dromintee penalty incident. the tackle didn't deserve a yellow never mind a straight red so i presume there was some mouthing involved on jp's part.
all in all a good result for the ogs and hopefully a good league campaign is in store.

Could have been a bigger win for Ogs if it wasn't for some poorly missed scores and great goalkeeping from Philly McEvoy.

It just wasn't Dromintee's day. A lot of boys cannot be faulted for effort but things just didn't work out on the pitch due to a number of reasons not least the lack of some of our best players through injury. I still thought Dromintee had enough quality though to get something from the game.

Ogs looked very good going forward at times and we failed defensively to get to grips with this. As for the sending off, it was for mouthing, he had been mouthing the whole game and fairplay to the referee for taking none of that shit. I actually think it hindered us as we were coming back into the game and when Ogs got the man sent off we didn't know what to do with the extra man and were incompetent in attack.

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 24, 2009, 03:13:46 PM
Any predictions for this weekend? Here's what I think anyway:

Sarsfields v Clan na Gael (Draw)
Carrickcruppen v Crossmaglen (Carrickcruppen)
St Patrick's v Culloville (St Patricks)
Pearse Og v Dromintee (Dromintee)
Mullaghbawn v Killeavy (Mullaghbawn)

I was on the wind-up...

fitzroyalty

Sarsfields Beat Clans..0-13 0-3  :'(

pearseog

thats a shocking result for the clans!

lurganblue

The clans were very poor this evening. They never showed the same desire or energy that the sarsfields did. It could be a hard road for us this year but hopefully we'll improve quickly

cillsleibhe

Mullaghbawn 1.06 - Killeavy 3.12

Mullaghbawn ahead by 2 at half-time 0.6-0.4  Killeavy had a storming second half scoring 3.8 with Mullaghbawn scoring just once (goal).  Killeavy were impressive in the second period though to be honest Mullaghbawn were very poor and seem certain to struggle.  Their frustration showed at the end when Enda McNulty got a straight red.

Onion Bag

Granemore beat the Nab, 7-6, typical derby game, pulling and dragging
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Our Nail Loney

Onion Bag

Anyone got the full list of results
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

Lads sorry couldn't give ya's a run down on the game as i had to miss it, i heard the score was 0-13 to 0-03 but i haven't got talking to any of the lads yet. Very bad result for us and could be very damaging indeed, to make matters worse we have Cross next week but hopefully we can lift ourselves, roll the sleeves up and get on with it...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

davo

The ogs v dromintee game was a very onesided afair. Dont think both teams will read too much into the match due the the players dromintee were missing. The ogs however did look very slick on the attack and very strong in defence. The same problem as last week however emerged with some wayward shooting. they need to be converting far more of their chances.

Dromintee will hope to have their county men available as much as possible becuz they definitely will struggle without them.