Top Irish American

Started by john mcgill, March 13, 2008, 09:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I see that the Irish America magazine is hosting the top 100 Irish American awards today and Tom Moran of Mutual of America has won the top award because of his contribution to the peace process.  Some of the north and south politicians are in New York for it.  I don't suppose heganboy or J70 are attending.

heganboy

nope for my sins I have this wonderful event to attend (and no I'm not paying for the tickets Tony):
http://www.irlfunds.org/aif/new_york/news_54.asp
I do have the privilege of Mr Dodd's company tomorrow for lunch.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Sorry, people like me are not granted entry to such lofty social circles! :D

heganboy

i think it less about being granted entry and more about being "the authentic Irish guy" for the day (did I mention free bar?)

Gabriel_Hurl

There's a big fancy function on here today - and despite the fact that there are only 3 guys in the entire company - including the 2 owners - I've not been asked to it - for the 5th year running

ballixes

heganboy

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 14, 2008, 01:07:48 PM
There's a big fancy function on here today - and despite the fact that there are only 3 guys in the entire company - including the 2 owners - I've not been asked to it - for the 5th year running

ballixes

Thats because you'd single handedly drink the place dry and have all the weemin for yourself. I wouldnt invite you either!

Zapatista

There's a party in my pants Gab if you wanna go? ;) ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

nifan

Quote from: heganboy on March 14, 2008, 12:59:03 PM
i think it less about being granted entry and more about being "the authentic Irish guy" for the day (did I mention free bar?)

You didnt get to hang on the coat tails of our lots celebrations last week did ye? I know there was a bit of drink on the go in Ulysses

heganboy

drinking with DM for a While on Thursday pm and then Paul m. Just left after a few hours with ciaran k after another weird one where "minister ritchie" can be as poorly educated as she wishes...
slightly embarassing that the elected reps sound like they just came out of a lock in in craigavon :-(

Donagh

Quote from: heganboy on March 14, 2008, 10:38:49 PM
drinking with DM for a While on Thursday pm

I'd have like to think Diarmuid and Illdecide were plotting the Cross downfall instead of swanning off over there. Though if it's the other DM I hope you told him to buy his own wine.

nifan

Quote from: heganboy on March 14, 2008, 10:38:49 PM
drinking with DM for a While on Thursday pm and then Paul m. Just left after a few hours with ciaran k after another weird one where "minister ritchie" can be as poorly educated as she wishes...
slightly embarassing that the elected reps sound like they just came out of a lock in in craigavon :-(

Among the great and the good then! I hope they where buying!