The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 09, 2008, 11:38:37 PM
B Team scraped a draw with the Ogs tonight in Ballycrummy, scoring 1-1 late on to leave the final score 0-10 to 1-07; this was despite the fact that we had raced into a 5-1 lead early on. However we went over 30 minutes without a score and were thus only saved by the late late show.

Wouldn't have happened if i was playing for the Ogs  :) :)

Candyman

Why were ye not plaing Ben?? Have you defected to the Ballycrummy 5 GFC also???  ;)

bennydorano

Harps v Clanns Feile semi final is in Clonmore on Sunday night at 6pm.

BenDover

Had to work Candyman, duno if I'll have much time for the B's this year but we'll see  ;)

Candyman

T.W.T as Pat Molloy would say....  ;D

fcuksake

Congratulations to the feile side on winning the Mid, Good luck in the Semi on Sunday
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

laughinpaddy

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 10, 2008, 08:28:24 AM
I noticed Ebby Toal Playing for the B's last night.  Is he not making the first team this year?
I think he's realised that the end of his playing days r fast approaching and that he would get more f'ball with the b's, as he is not considered to be a 'Big noise' as the managment would put it within the senior squad!
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Candyman

Quote from: laughinpaddy on April 11, 2008, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on April 10, 2008, 08:28:24 AM
I noticed Ebby Toal Playing for the B's last night.  Is he not making the first team this year?
I think he's realised that the end of his playing days r fast approaching and that he would get more f'ball with the b's, as he is not considered to be a 'Big noise' as the managment would put it within the senior squad!
Do you be at any games???  ::)

Skiddybadoo

Well done to the Feile squad and management.

Best of luck on Sunday.

Will we make it from Cross to Clonmore for 6.00pm?

stew

Quote from: Candyman on April 10, 2008, 02:43:00 PM
T.W.T as Pat Molloy would say....  ;D

Feck, I havent thought of malloy in twenty years.

Pat malloy, I used to give that clown a lift home from time to time if I was heading out to the land for a court, anyway, Pat would get into the car and say, 'young stew, your f**king ket, why dont you give it all altogether'. Now it was funny the first couple of times and shure the man was telling no lies but the next time i saw him I slowed down, said hello pat and drove on, he gave me the fingers and God knows what else. I thought it was just me until I ws in flea's car and sure as shite didnt he tall flea he was ket too, which was not the case. After that every time i met pat, be it in the car or in the bus, he got a lift. A great character around Armagh even if he did support the pigs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Candyman

Did he not go on to tell you every single person in your extended family, the registration number of your car and that of your mothers and also your home telephone number and any other family members home number.... along with a few other randowm facts and numbers?!?!?!
Oh he's up there in the legend stakes along with Gadaffi now...  :D

topgun

what was the result in the feile semi final?
a prophet is not recognised by his own

stew

Quote from: Candyman on April 14, 2008, 09:27:35 AM
Did he not go on to tell you every single person in your extended family, the registration number of your car and that of your mothers and also your home telephone number and any other family members home number.... along with a few other randowm facts and numbers?!?!?!
Oh he's up there in the legend stakes along with Gadaffi now...  :D

:D :D :D

Gadaffi, absolute legend altogether.he hung about my my cousin, mickey mcgleenon for years, two lunatics of the highest order. Gadaffi is a one man disaster area but I love to see him every time I go home, it is when you see the likes of gadaffi and visit the local lunatics down at the club that you realize this is who you are and where  you are from and I would not have it any other way. seamy corrigan is another mental case that i have to see very time i go home, the list goes on and on.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thewingedlady

Molloy, Gadaffi, Mickey McGleenan and seamy co, 4 gents of the highest! You keep good company Stew  :D

Rufus T Firefly

Killeavey v Harps

Harps travelled to Killeavey on Saturday evening last, hoping to kick start their league campaign with a win, after the disappointment of the opening day defeat to St. Patricks. The match was played in dry but overcast conditions on an excellent pitch.

Killeavey made the early running and opened the scoring with a point from a free. However this was cancelled out in Harps fist meaningful attack, when Gerard McDonagh was fouled and Joe Quigley pointed the free. Harps then missed a glorious opportunity for a goal, when the Killeavey keeper blocked Joe Quigley's close range shot, after some excellent Harps passing had created the chance. A long ball over the top of our defence resulted in a point and the advantage was doubled with another good point from play from the Killeavey number eleven. Harps appeared to be in trouble throughout the field at this stage. Joe had a wide from a free, before a careless pass from defence was intercepted and following a quick move a Killeavey goal resulted. Harps were still reeling from this blow when possession was again turned over. A one on one resulted and keeper Willie McSorley had no option but to take the forward down for a penalty. Mark Stanfield crashed the ball to the net and suddenly the Harps were eight points in arrears. Harps attempted to steady the ship and gain a foothold in the game, through two points from frees (one each for Joe and Kevin Kelly), but each of these were immediately cancelled out by Killeavey points. Philly McKinney was introduced into the middle, with Smackers going to wing half forward and Martin McCoy dropping back to replace Kevin Daly in defence. Joe Quigley had a point from play and then Harps gained some hope when a high centre from Minne Holmes was fisted to the net by Kevin Kelly. This spurred the Harps on. Kevin Kelly had a wide from a difficult free before he was successful at the second attempt, scoring from a free after a great Harps move.

Half time, Killeavey 2-05, Harps 1-05.

The Harps support was well pleased to be only three in arrears at the interval, considering the disastrous start to the match. This optimism appeared to be well founded when Minnie Holmes opened the scoring with an excellent point. Harps were dealt a blow at this stage when Joe Quigley limped off with what looked like a hamstring injury. Joe was replaced by Harpo McKenna, whose introduction prompted the biggest cheer of the evening, as the public address announcer introduced him as Joe McKenna! Harps by now were in total command. Philly McKinney scored a great point after great work by Minnie, and Kevin Kelly drew the sides level with a point from a free. Harps then took the lead for the first time with a brilliant Minnie Holmes point, and although Killeavey equalised, Kevin Kelly regained the lead for Harps with a point from a free. Killeavey began exerting pressure, but had two bad wides. Kevin Kelly extended Harps lead with yet another point from a free. Harps were dealt another blow when Simon Lennon appeared to suffer a bad shoulder injury. He was replaced in the middle by Paddy Morrison. Killeavey were unlucky to see a shot for a point come back of the post and although Paddy Morrison had a wide for us, Kevin Kelly was on hand yet again to extend the lead with a point from a free. Killeavey had two further bad wides, and as their frustration increased with great defensive play from Martin Gill and Harpo McKenna, their number five received a red card for a wild kick. Paddy Morrison was unlucky to see a monstrous effort for a point just drift wide, but yet again it didn't seem to matter, as Kevin Kelly added his seventh point from a free. Right at the death Killeavey had a point of their own from a free, but it was no more than consolation value, as Harps ran out deserving winners by three points.

Final score, Killeavey 2-07, Harps 1-13.

This was a great win for the Harps, given the circumstances. Some disastrous errors were heavily punished, and left us staring down the barrel of a second defeat. However, through a great team effort, and some brilliant individual performances, Harps dragged themselves back from the abyss and ended up deserving winners. In a great team effort, best for the Harps were Martin Gill, Philly McKinney, Minnie Holmes, Harpo McKenna, Kevin Kelly, Gerard McDonagh and Ebby Toal.

The Harps lined out as follows: Willie McSorley, Mark McConville, Martin Gill, Kevin Daly (Philly McKinney 0-1), Chuckie Morris, Paddy Grimes, Jungle McKee, Smackers McAneney, Simon Lennon (Paddy Morrison), Joe Quigley 0-3 (0-2 frees)(Harpo McKenna), Minnie Holmes 0-2, Martin McCoy, Ebby Toal, Kevin Kelly 1-7 (0-7 frees) and Gerard McDonagh.

Finally, best wishes to Joe Quigley and Simon Lennon for speedy recoveries.