September 25, 2007, 06:31:47 PM Re: (No subject) umgolaarmagh 
September 25, 2007, 07:11:20 PM Re: (No subject) umgolaarmagh 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]     

Author Topic
el_cuervo_fc

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Spiritof98 on: September 19, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 19, 2007, 02:02:41 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 19, 2007, 01:33:24 PM
Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 19, 2007, 01:32:12 PM
Get your own f**king lights   

how pleasant.  I take it you'll be there to support us then.

I wish you all the best in this private Personal message, but in public i will never be seen supporting the working class team in the City, 

How easy it would be to just post this all up then

Cheers pete,  I know you want us to win really

How nice would it be to actually have a different county champion.  It's getting a wee bit boring now.  I know the ogs would be the last team u'd want to do it, but we're the last team there, so cheers for the support

el_cuervo_fc

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Spiritof98 on: September 19, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 19, 2007, 02:18:43 PM
To be honest you're right I'd love to see you's win it, and while were truthful I'll prob go on the rip with yis anyway. Although it would be a hard Christmas for Harps ears.

Still, think of the parties, and the excuse to party along with it 

I'll go back if Marsdens back

el_cuervo_fc

WTF Spirit lak???  have u lost the plot?

Cuchulainns Ard Mhacha

Just a note,
Harps U14 Feile Semi-Final vs Derrynoose
Saturday 3:00pm
Granemore

Give the lads some support
Hurling, because there's nothing else

bennydorano

U6's, U8's and U10's have all started again, Sunday mornings at 10.30 in Abbey Park.

Diet Coke

Feile matchTuesday 6.30 granemore
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

bennydorano

Feile game now in Abbey apparently

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Rufus T Firefly

In light of the announcement about the Dublin game being all ticket and free, it might be an appropriate time to remind all members that membership is now due!

Tickets of course can only go to fully paid up members!   ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Harps v St Patricks

Harps opened their 2008 league campaign with a home fixture against newly promoted St Patricks. The match was played in bitterly cold conditions, with a strong wind blowing in hail and snow showers.

Harps started the match defending the dressing room goals and thus playing with the advantage of the elements. However it was the visitors who attacked from the throw in, and opened the scoring with a point from a close in free. Harps soon began to dominate. Nippy had a long range wide and Joe Quigley a wide from a difficult free before Kevin Kelly notched the equalising score after good work by Philly McKinney. Wides followed from Simon Lennon and Charlie Vernon before Charlie grabbed our second point after some excellent play by Ebby Toal. Another Charlie Vernon wide was followed by a point from a Joe Quigley free, and when a brilliant pass from Joe found Minnie Holmes overlapping on the left wing, and he pointed, it looked all set for Harps domination. However St Pats were not about to lie down and in a burst of some excellent attacking play, they landed four consecutive points (two of which were from frees), to retake the lead. Harps responded with a brilliant Nippy Swift point from out on the wing. Joe then added another point from a free whilst Kevin Kelly was unlucky to see his long range effort just drift wide. On the stroke of half time St Pats got the equalising point through their excellent number nine.

Half time, Harps 0-06, St Patricks 0-06.

Harps now appeared to be up against it as they turned around and faced the gale. However, like St Pats in the first half, we opened the scoring with a point from a Kevin Kelly free, after Charlie Vernon's run was illegally stopped. This was to be a false dawn however. St Pats added a point through the dangerous Liam O'Hare, and then added two further points from frees after Harps had turned over possession each time whilst attacking. Another point from play followed, but luckily for Harps, an easy close in free was surprisingly put wide. However the respite was only temporary – anther point from a free following quickly. Harps introduced Paddy Grimes and Smackers McAnaney for Jungle and Nippy, but it had little impact as play became scrappy. St Pats added two further points (one from a '50') whilst Harps struggled to kick into the wind, with our last five attempts on goal all being in the 'poor wides' category. Gerard McDonagh and Harpo were introduced late on into the attack, replacing Minnie and Simon Lennon, but we at no time looked like threatening a solid St Pats rearguard, and the visitors ran out deserving winners by a comfortable six point margin.

Final score, Harps 0-07, St Patricks 0-13.

This was a very disappointing Harps performance. Despite the fact that St Patricks were newly promoted they showed all the assurance of a team that are used to this level of football and ran out comfortable winners. With hindsight, their ability to reach half time level with the Harps, having played into the teeth of a freezing gale, was the key to their victory, and this was achieved with some excellent possession football and great support play. For the Harps, save for the excellent display of Philly McKinney at midfield, this was a day to forget in a hurry.

The Harps lined out as follows: Willie McSorley, Martin McConville, Martin Gill, Kevin Daly, Chuckie Morris, Collie Holmes, Jungle McKee (Paddy Grimes), Philly McKinney, Charlie Vernon 0-1, Joe Quigley 0-2 (0-2 frees), Nippy Swift 0-1 (Smackers McAnaney), Mnnie Holmes 0-1 (Harpo McKenna), Ebby Toal, Kevin Kelly 0-2 (0-1 free) and Simon Lennon (Gerard McDonagh).   

Rufus T Firefly

Just to add - our Feile team were playing Keady in the Mid Armagh Final tonight at Madden, but the game had to be abandoned due to the blizzard conditions in the second half. A date for the refixture has still to be arranged.

Rufus T Firefly

We will distribute our alocation of tickets for this Sunday's National League fixture between Armagh and Dublin, this Thursday night 10th April, at 8.00 pm in the Social Club, to all fully paid up members. A notice to this effect will be in Wednesday's Irish News.

Rufus T Firefly

Congratulations to our Feile team on their four point victory tonight over Keady in the Mid Final!  We won 2-09 to 2-05.

First silverware on board!  8) Anyone at it, please post up a few details.

I believe we now play Clans this week-end in the County Semi-final.

Rufus T Firefly

B Team scraped a draw with the Ogs tonight in Ballycrummy, scoring 1-1 late on to leave the final score 0-10 to 1-07; this was despite the fact that we had raced into a 5-1 lead early on. However we went over 30 minutes without a score and were thus only saved by the late late show.

el_cuervo_fc

I noticed Ebby Toal Playing for the B's last night.  Is he not making the first team this year?